|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lines of a book had Captain Falcon taught himself to read at once?
2. What effect does Rutherford say the written form of the Allmuseri language has on him?
(a) It angers him.
(b) It makes him anxious.
(c) It relaxes him.
(d) It confuses him.
3. What is the name of the sailor Rutherford meets?
4. What is the term used for the toilet?
(d) Honey bucket.
5. After talking with Isadora and Mr. Zeringue, where does Rutherford go that turns out to be filled with sailors?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A pub.
(c) The docks.
(d) A store.
6. How does Rutherford describe himself as having felt on board?
7. What has destroyed the Allmuseri village?
(c) The slave trade.
8. When Falcon starts telling Rutherford intimate details about the crew members, how does Rutherford say it makes him feel?
9. What ability does Ngonyama have?
(a) To fade into the background.
(b) To negotiate even the hardest situations.
(c) To become invisible.
(d) To walk through walls.
10. How does Rutherford assume Falcon obtained the souvenirs in his cabin?
(a) In gift shops.
(b) Through diplomacy.
(c) Through barter and trade.
(d) Through raids and murders.
11. What does Captain Falcon consider himself?
(b) A genius.
12. In describing the Allmuseri language, Rutherford says the sounds they produce are like:
(a) The rush of wind through the trees.
(b) The sound of birds chattering at dawn.
(c) Nails on a chalkboard.
(d) Deep, melodious breaths.
13. How much does Mr. Zeringue tell Rutherford he owes him?
(a) Fifty thousand francs.
(b) Fifty thousand pounds.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand sovereigns.
14. Where does the explorer now reside?
(a) In a hacienda in Madrid.
(b) In a temple in Bangalang.
(c) In an institution for the insane in Havana.
(d) In a plantation in New Orleans.
15. What is Mr. Zeringue?
(a) The town gangster.
(b) The town benefactor.
(c) The town's wealthiest businessman.
(d) The town financier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Allmuseri language, what part of speech is used instead of nouns?
2. What is another name for the crew's sleeping quarters, according to Rutherford's entry?
3. What is Isadora's career?
4. When is the only time Cringle seems to relax?
5. What does Cringle tell Rutherford about seeing and hearing the cabin boy in Falcon's quarters?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)