|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rutherford eventually take up as a career?
2. How does Rutherford describe Nathaniel Meadows?
(a) Somewhat disfigured and meek.
(b) Extremely handsome and meek.
(c) Extremely handsome and arrogant.
(d) Severely disfigured and arrogant.
3. What is the term used for the toilet?
(c) Honey bucket.
4. Isadora's terms leave Rutherford so afraid that he is afflicted for several hours with bouts of _________________.
5. After Rutherford's new friend passes out from alcohol, what does Rutherford do?
(a) Steals the man's work papers and uses his identity to start a new life in Alabama.
(b) Steals the man's work papers and boards the ship as him.
(c) Boards the ship as a stowaway.
(d) Goes home and prepares for his wedding.
6. The next time Rutherford talks to Falcon, what does Falcon tell him he plans to do with the Allmuseri once they reach land?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Keep them for himself.
(c) Set them free.
(d) Kill them.
7. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
8. What does Captain Falcon tell Rutherford he has been teased about since he was a boy?
(a) His voice.
(b) His protruding belly.
(c) His small size.
(d) His limp.
9. What does Captain Falcon catch Rutherford doing one night?
(a) Rummaging through his cabin.
(b) Rummaging through the galley.
(c) Stealing from the liquor stash.
(d) Stealing from the rest of the crew.
10. According to Rutherford, what are Falcon's legs shorter than?
(a) His bed.
(b) His dining table.
(c) His chart table.
(d) His captain's chair.
11. Isadora warns Rutherford that he is not _________.
12. While in New Orleans, where does Rutherford like to hang out?
(a) The bar.
(b) The waterfront.
(c) The French Quarter.
(d) The marina.
13. What was the profession of Captain Falcon's father?
14. When he arrives in New Orleans, where does Rutherford try, but fail, to find work?
(a) Negro bars.
(b) Restaurants and the shipyard..
(c) Salons and negro bars.
15. How much water do the Allmuseri have in the hold where they are they are kept?
(a) An inch.
(b) Six inches.
(c) A foot.
(d) Two feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Falcon asks Rutherford to be his ____________ around the crew.
2. Captain Ebenezer Falcon has a reputation for being:
3. What is Mr. Zeringue?
4. When Rutherford sees the Allmuseri, what tribe does he describe them as taller than?
5. What position does Peter Cringle hold aboard the Republic?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)