|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which crew member does Cringle tell Rutherford to stay away from?
(a) Nathaniel Meadows.
(b) Captain Falcon.
2. How does Tommy wind up being the first to try to look at the mysterious cargo inside the crate?
(a) He wins a game of poker.
(b) He is the youngest crew member.
(c) He loses at a game of dice.
(d) He draws the shortest straw.
3. What is the name of the Spanish explorer who is the source of the only recorded description of the tribes people the crew will be picking up?
(a) Rafael Garcia.
(b) Marco Garcia.
(c) Garcia Rafael.
(d) Marco Polo.
4. Who does Cringle tell Rutherford is already aboard the ship when Rutherford presents his (stolen) work papers?
(a) Captain Falcon.
5. How does Rutherford describe himself as having felt on board?
6. How does Rutherford assume Falcon obtained the souvenirs in his cabin?
(a) Through diplomacy.
(b) Through barter and trade.
(c) In gift shops.
(d) Through raids and murders.
7. What does Captain Falcon consider himself?
(c) A genius.
8. Captain Falcon tells Rutherford that the cargo they will pick up at Bangalang includes forty ______________ tribes people.
9. When Falcon starts telling Rutherford intimate details about the crew members, how does Rutherford say it makes him feel?
10. Captain Falcon asks Rutherford to be his ____________ around the crew.
(a) Hands and feet.
(b) Eyes and ears.
(c) Ears and eyes.
(d) Heart and soul.
11. Who is appointed captain once Falcon is out of the way?
12. When Rutherford sees the Allmuseri, what tribe does he describe them as taller than?
13. Why does Squibb walk with a limp?
(a) He has a partially amputated foot.
(b) He has a metal rod in his leg.
(c) He has a metal rod in his foot.
(d) He has a wooden leg.
14. How much does Mr. Zeringue tell Rutherford he owes him?
(a) Fifty thousand sovereigns.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand pounds.
(d) Fifty thousand francs.
15. Where does the explorer now reside?
(a) In a temple in Bangalang.
(b) In an institution for the insane in Havana.
(c) In a plantation in New Orleans.
(d) In a hacienda in Madrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Entry 2, what does Rutherford say wakes him up?
2. After the cargo is brought on board, what does Captain Falcon put Rutherford in charge of?
3. About whom does Rutherford want to learn more?
4. Where did freedman Rutherford Calhoun work when he was a slave?
5. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)