|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Rutherford's new friend passes out from alcohol, what does Rutherford do?
(a) Steals the man's work papers and boards the ship as him.
(b) Goes home and prepares for his wedding.
(c) Steals the man's work papers and uses his identity to start a new life in Alabama.
(d) Boards the ship as a stowaway.
2. How many bullet holes does Captain Falcon's door have in it?
3. After the cargo is brought on board, what does Captain Falcon put Rutherford in charge of?
(a) Feeding the Allmuseri.
(b) Feeding the goats.
(c) Guarding the ivory and gold.
(d) Feeding the sheep.
4. Isadora's terms leave Rutherford so afraid that he is afflicted for several hours with bouts of _________________.
5. What is another name for the crew's sleeping quarters, according to Rutherford's entry?
(a) Berthing area.
6. What percentage was Captain Falcon set to receive of the cargo's value?
7. Who is "Papa"?
(a) Reverend Chandler.
(c) Captain Falcon.
(d) Mr. Zeringue.
8. When Rutherford sees the Allmuseri, what tribe does he describe them as taller than?
9. What does Rutherford eventually take up as a career?
10. The sailor that Rutherford meets in Entry 1 is taking the position of ____________ aboard Captain Falcon's ship.
(d) First Mate.
11. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
12. Where did freedman Rutherford Calhoun work when he was a slave?
(a) As a house slave.
(b) In the corn fields.
(c) In the cotton fields.
(d) In the gardens.
13. How much water do the Allmuseri have in the hold where they are they are kept?
(a) An inch.
(b) Six inches.
(c) Two feet.
(d) A foot.
14. The next time Rutherford talks to Falcon, what does Falcon tell him he plans to do with the Allmuseri once they reach land?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Keep them for himself.
(d) Set them free.
15. How many lines of a book had Captain Falcon taught himself to read at once?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Allmuseri require no medication?
2. What has destroyed the Allmuseri village?
3. Falcon tells Rutherford that it is his bet Rutherford will be ________________ by the time the ship returns to New Orleans.
4. Approximately long will the ship's journey take?
5. Where does Tommy stay for the rest of the voyage to New Orleans?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)