|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rutherford befriends an Allmuseri woman and a young girl named Baleka. What relationship is Baleka to the Allmuseri woman?
2. What does Cringle tell Rutherford about seeing and hearing the cabin boy in Falcon's quarters?
(a) He tells Rutherford that he wants to kill Falcon over it.
(b) He tells Rutherford to tell anyone who will listen.
(c) He tells Rutherford not to speak of it to anyone.
(d) He says nothing to Rutherford about it.
3. How does Rutherford describe himself as having felt on board?
4. When Rutherford sees the Allmuseri, what tribe does he describe them as taller than?
5. The name of the ship on which Rutherford's new acquaintance is sailing is:
(a) The Federalist>.
(b) The Juno.
(c) The Black Pearl.
(d) The Republic.
6. Captain Falcon asks Rutherford to be his ____________ around the crew.
(a) Ears and eyes.
(b) Hands and feet.
(c) Heart and soul.
(d) Eyes and ears.
7. Captain Ebenezer Falcon has a reputation for being:
8. Captain Falcon tells Rutherford that the cargo they will pick up at Bangalang includes forty ______________ tribes people.
9. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
10. What is Mr. Zeringue?
(a) The town gangster.
(b) The town's wealthiest businessman.
(c) The town benefactor.
(d) The town financier.
11. Captain Falcon's ship is going to Bangalang, located on the coast of which country?
12. About whom does Rutherford want to learn more?
(a) Tommy, the cabin boy.
(d) Captain Falcon.
13. What is the total value of the ship's entire cargo?
14. How many lines of a book had Captain Falcon taught himself to read at once?
15. When the Republic begins its return trip to New Orleans, what does it encounter?
(a) Rough water and bad weather.
(b) Sea monsters.
(d) Calm water and no wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage was Captain Falcon set to receive of the cargo's value?
2. How many days does it take the Republic to travel from New Orleans to Africa?
3. When McGaffin notices the ring that Rutherford is wearing, how does Rutherford say he got it from Captain Falcon?
4. After talking with Isadora and Mr. Zeringue, where does Rutherford go that turns out to be filled with sailors?
5. At the beginning of Entry 2, what does Rutherford say wakes him up?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)