|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entry 2: June 20, 1830.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Falcon tells Rutherford that it is his bet Rutherford will be ________________ by the time the ship returns to New Orleans.
(a) A ship's officer.
(b) A man's man.
(d) A slave.
2. Rutherford warns the reader not to be too ________________ his way of life.
(a) Disgusted by.
(b) Critical of.
(c) Angered by.
(d) Judgmental of.
3. According to Rutherford, what are Falcon's legs shorter than?
(a) His chart table.
(b) His bed.
(c) His dining table.
(d) His captain's chair.
4. At the beginning of Entry 2, what does Rutherford say wakes him up?
(a) A pistol pressed against his head.
(b) A knife pressed against his stomach.
(c) A knife pressed against his neck.
(d) A pistol pressed against his stomach.
5. What does Cringle tell Rutherford about seeing and hearing the cabin boy in Falcon's quarters?
(a) He tells Rutherford not to speak of it to anyone.
(b) He tells Rutherford to tell anyone who will listen.
(c) He tells Rutherford that he wants to kill Falcon over it.
(d) He says nothing to Rutherford about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Squibb walk with a limp?
2. Isadora warns Rutherford that he is not _________.
3. How many bullet holes does Captain Falcon's door have in it?
4. What position does Peter Cringle hold aboard the Republic?
5. When he arrives in New Orleans, where does Rutherford try, but fail, to find work?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)