Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamida have that proves her popularity with the soldiers?
2. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
3. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
4. Why is Ibrahim Faraj, the stranger, so pleased when Hamida readily comes with him?
5. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
Determine what the main theme of Midaq Alley is, and support your answer with evidence from the book. Where is this theme seen in the book? How is it exemplified? Who does it affect? What role does it have in the plot?
Evaluate the character of Sheikh Darwish. What makes him a holy man? What effect do his pronouncements have on those around him? As a stylistic tool, he is used by Mahfouz for foreshadowing and explanation. Use examples of both in your analysis.
A protagonist in a story is the character who suffers most and learns most. Is there a single protagonist in this story? If so, who is the protagonist? Use evidence from the text to support your point of view.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)