|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Uncle Kamil unable to vote?
(a) He doesn't know his birthplace.
(b) He is not Egyptian.
(c) He doesn't study the issues.
(d) He doesn't know how to read.
2. Why does Salim Alwan apologize to Sheikh Darwish?
(a) Salim Alwan is genuinely humbled.
(b) Salim Alwan is anxious to please Sheikh Darwish.
(c) A sick man should not anger one of God's holy men.
(d) Sheikh Darwish's howling is embarrassing.
3. How does Hamida blunder while the stranger is watching her?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She runs from him.
(c) She speaks to him.
(d) She lets him see that she is watching him.
4. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Fifty pounds.
5. What does Kirsha forbid in the workplace when he returns after his heart attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pleases Kirsha most about his son's return?
2. What part of Kirsha has suffered the worst damage from the heart attack?
3. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
4. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the advantage of British nationality?
5. Why does Susu say it is an advantage that Hamida has never danced before?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)