|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
(a) He is obviously investigating something.
(b) He is obviously unacquainted with the residents.
(c) He is obviously well to do.
(d) He is obviously a foreigner.
2. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
(a) They are afraid a new wife will upset their mother.
(b) They are afraid a new wife will take all his money.
(c) They are afraid a new wife will neglect Salim Alwan.
(d) They are afraid a new wife will tire Salim Alwan.
3. What is the first class to which Ibrahim Faraj takes Hamida?
(a) Oriental dancing.
(c) Sexual mores and manners.
(d) Western dancing.
4. Ibrahim Faraj compares Hamida to what animal?
(a) A vixen.
(b) A panther.
(c) A tigress.
(d) A shrew.
5. What does Kirsha admire about Hitler?
(a) His concern for his people.
(b) His elegant uniform and moustache.
(c) His cruelty and barbarity.
(d) His shrewdness and strategies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan curse Sheikh Darwish?
2. What does Hamida have that proves her popularity with the soldiers?
3. What is Ibrahim Faraj's new name for Hamida?
4. How does Hamida blunder while the stranger is watching her?
5. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)