|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan cling to his unpleasant life?
(a) He feels better each day.
(b) He is hoping his life will improve.
(c) He enjoys making business deals.
(d) He is afraid of the afterlife.
2. What is Ibrahim Faraj's new name for Hamida?
3. What are Kirsha's real feelings about Hussain Kirsha's return home?
(a) He is disinterested in his son's return and unconcerned by his marriage.
(b) He is pleased at his son's return and delighted with his marriage.
(c) He is amused by his son's return and surprised at his marriage.
(d) He is furious at his son's return and appalled at his marriage.
4. Why does Salim Alwan apologize to Sheikh Darwish?
(a) A sick man should not anger one of God's holy men.
(b) Sheikh Darwish's howling is embarrassing.
(c) Salim Alwan is anxious to please Sheikh Darwish.
(d) Salim Alwan is genuinely humbled.
5. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
(a) He is obviously investigating something.
(b) He is obviously a foreigner.
(c) He is obviously well to do.
(d) He is obviously unacquainted with the residents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Abbas returned to the alley?
2. What does Hamida have that proves her popularity with the soldiers?
3. Why is Uncle Kamil unable to vote?
4. Why does Hamida think she will never eat lentils again?
5. How does Hamida feel about the stranger's constant attention?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)