|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibrahim Faraj say pimps are?
(a) Shrewd money makers.
(b) Stockbrokers of happiness.
(c) Caretakers of beauty.
(d) Partners in crime.
2. What endeavor do Dr. Booshy and Zaita share?
(a) Grave robbing.
(b) Burglary of homes.
(c) Picking pockets.
(d) Extortion of beggars.
3. What does Mrs. Afify want from Dr. Booshy?
(a) Bridgework for her teeth.
(b) A gold plate to replace her teeth.
(c) Whitening chemicals.
(d) A false tooth.
4. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
(a) He is obviously unacquainted with the residents.
(b) He is obviously a foreigner.
(c) He is obviously well to do.
(d) He is obviously investigating something.
5. Why has Abbas returned to the alley?
(a) He has returned to his barber shop.
(b) He is on holiday.
(c) He has been laid off.
(d) He has returned because he was homesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moment marks the dividing point between Hamida's two lives?
2. Who does Salim Alwan believe has better fortune than he?
3. What is Uncle Kamil reluctant to tell Abbas?
4. What is the only thing that Hamida misses about her past life?
5. Who does Hussain Kirsha blame for his failures?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)