|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hussain Kirsha laid off by the British?
(a) They are leaving Egypt.
(b) They doubt his loyalty.
(c) They believe the war will end soon.
(d) His work was inadequate.
2. Who does Salim Alwan believe has better fortune than he?
(a) Those who have faith in Allah.
(b) Those who die of a heart attack.
(c) Those who have faithful families.
(d) Those who make more money.
3. What is Mrs. Kirsha's complaint when Hussain Kirsha comes home?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He married without consulting his parents.
(c) He has brought strangers into the home.
(d) He is unkind to her.
4. How does Abbas respond to his first drink of alcohol?
(a) He says it is cheering.
(b) He says it is horrible.
(c) He says it is wonderful.
(d) He says it is delightful.
5. Ibrahim Faraj compares Hamida to what animal?
(a) A shrew.
(b) A tigress.
(c) A vixen.
(d) A panther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kirsha forbid in the workplace when he returns after his heart attack?
2. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida their life together will be like?
3. Why is Kirsha offended at Ibrahim Farhat's offer to pay for his support?
4. What is the one thought that weakens Hamida's determination to go with Ibrahim Faraj?
5. How does Sheikh Darwish respond to Ibrahim Farhat's request for a blessing?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)