|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamida see the choice Ibrahim Faraj offers her?
(a) Virtue and vice.
(b) Solitude or marriage.
(c) A dull past or an exciting future.
(d) Innocence and crime.
2. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Twenty pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
3. Why is Kirsha offended at Ibrahim Farhat's offer to pay for his support?
(a) Kirsha is insulted at the thought that he could be bribed.
(b) Kirsha has more money than Ibrahim Farhat.
(c) Kirsha is loyal to the candidate without payment.
(d) Ibrahim Farhat paid other cafe owners more.
4. What does Kirsha admire about Hitler?
(a) His shrewdness and strategies.
(b) His elegant uniform and moustache.
(c) His cruelty and barbarity.
(d) His concern for his people.
5. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
(a) Egyptians are richer than others.
(b) Egyptians are wiser than others.
(c) Egyptian history is a treasure for others.
(d) A war for others is good fortune for Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan deprive his household of good food?
2. How does Abbas respond to his first drink of alcohol?
3. What pleases Kirsha most about his son's return?
4. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida their life together will be like?
5. Why does Hamida think she will never eat lentils again?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)