|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Kirsha's complaint when Hussain Kirsha comes home?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He is unkind to her.
(c) He married without consulting his parents.
(d) He has brought strangers into the home.
2. Why does Salim Alwan plan revenge on his wife?
(a) He believes that she has cursed him.
(b) He believes that she has stolen from him.
(c) He believes that she is unfaithful.
(d) He believes that she is envious of him.
3. How does Hamida see the choice Ibrahim Faraj offers her?
(a) Innocence and crime.
(b) Solitude or marriage.
(c) A dull past or an exciting future.
(d) Virtue and vice.
4. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
(a) Her wardrobe.
(b) Her manners.
(c) Her hairstyle.
(d) Her name.
5. What is the one thought that weakens Hamida's determination to go with Ibrahim Faraj?
(a) She will never see Salim Alwan again.
(b) She will never see Umm Hamida again.
(c) She will never see Abbas again.
(d) She will never see Midaq Alley again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamida view her relationship with the stranger?
2. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
3. Who does Salim Alwan believe has better fortune than he?
4. What part of Kirsha has suffered the worst damage from the heart attack?
5. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)