|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zaita insist Dr. Booshy accompany him into the tombs?
(a) Zaita is fearful and needs support.
(b) Dr. Booshy is stronger.
(c) Zaita needs someone to hold the light.
(d) Zaita enjoys torturing Dr. Booshy.
2. Why has Abbas returned to the alley?
(a) He has returned because he was homesick.
(b) He has returned to his barber shop.
(c) He is on holiday.
(d) He has been laid off.
3. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
(a) Twenty pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) Fifty pounds.
4. How does the stranger delight Sanker?
(a) By calling attention to Sanker's efficiency.
(b) By treating Sanker respectfully.
(c) By giving Sanker large tips.
(d) By helping Sanker with his heavy work load.
5. How does Abbas respond to his first drink of alcohol?
(a) He says it is horrible.
(b) He says it is delightful.
(c) He says it is wonderful.
(d) He says it is cheering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan plan revenge on his wife?
2. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
3. How does Hamida view her relationship with the stranger?
4. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
5. Why is Ibrahim Faraj, the stranger, so pleased when Hamida readily comes with him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)