|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hussain Kirsha laid off by the British?
(a) They are leaving Egypt.
(b) His work was inadequate.
(c) They doubt his loyalty.
(d) They believe the war will end soon.
2. How does the stranger irritate Kirsha?
(a) By refusing to pay his bill.
(b) By paying his bill in large notes.
(c) By paying for all his customers.
(d) By paying his bill with small change.
3. Why does Salim Alwan apologize to Sheikh Darwish?
(a) Salim Alwan is genuinely humbled.
(b) A sick man should not anger one of God's holy men.
(c) Sheikh Darwish's howling is embarrassing.
(d) Salim Alwan is anxious to please Sheikh Darwish.
4. What does Kirsha admire about Hitler?
(a) His cruelty and barbarity.
(b) His shrewdness and strategies.
(c) His elegant uniform and moustache.
(d) His concern for his people.
5. What does Hussain Kirsha wish he had been?
(a) A Briton.
(b) A combat soldier.
(c) A politician.
(d) A rich man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
2. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the advantage of British nationality?
3. What moment marks the dividing point between Hamida's two lives?
4. What does Abbas want to do while he's on holiday?
5. What does Ibrahim Farhat do for a living?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)