|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan cling to his unpleasant life?
(a) He feels better each day.
(b) He is hoping his life will improve.
(c) He enjoys making business deals.
(d) He is afraid of the afterlife.
2. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
(a) Dance instructor.
(b) Headmaster of a school.
(c) Accountant of a busy firm.
3. What pleases Kirsha most about his son's return?
(a) Kirsha has missed his son.
(b) Kirsha's predictions about his son's future are vindicated.
(c) Kirsha is attracted to his daughter-in-law.
(d) Kirsha is attracted to his daughter-in-law's brother.
4. Why does Radwan Hussainy counsel Kirsha to be kind to those who envy him?
(a) Envy is worse than illness.
(b) He should set a good example.
(c) Those who envy him do not understand his suffering.
(d) He should rejoice at his recovery.
5. What gift has Abbas brought for Hamida?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) A silver necklace.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A gold bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
2. What is the only thing that Hamida misses about her past life?
3. Why is Kirsha offended at Ibrahim Farhat's offer to pay for his support?
4. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the worst thing about his present situation?
5. What happens to Zaita and Dr. Booshy in the tombs?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)