|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hussain Kirsha wish he had been?
(a) A combat soldier.
(b) A rich man.
(c) A politician.
(d) A Briton.
2. What is Ibrahim Faraj's new name for Hamida?
3. How does Abbas respond to his first drink of alcohol?
(a) He says it is delightful.
(b) He says it is horrible.
(c) He says it is cheering.
(d) He says it is wonderful.
4. How does the stranger irritate Kirsha?
(a) By paying his bill in large notes.
(b) By paying his bill with small change.
(c) By refusing to pay his bill.
(d) By paying for all his customers.
5. What are Kirsha's real feelings about Hussain Kirsha's return home?
(a) He is amused by his son's return and surprised at his marriage.
(b) He is pleased at his son's return and delighted with his marriage.
(c) He is furious at his son's return and appalled at his marriage.
(d) He is disinterested in his son's return and unconcerned by his marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thought that weakens Hamida's determination to go with Ibrahim Faraj?
2. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the worst thing about his present situation?
3. How does Hamida view her relationship with the stranger?
4. Who does Hussain Kirsha blame for his failures?
5. What does the stranger say is the last thing new lovers learn about each other?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)