|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan apologize to Sheikh Darwish?
(a) Salim Alwan is genuinely humbled.
(b) A sick man should not anger one of God's holy men.
(c) Salim Alwan is anxious to please Sheikh Darwish.
(d) Sheikh Darwish's howling is embarrassing.
2. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
(a) Love and adoration.
(b) Shame and humiliation.
(c) Contempt and animosity.
(d) Relief and hope.
3. Where does the English instructor say the girls learn English best?
(a) In textbooks.
(b) In taverns and hotels.
(c) In classrooms.
(d) In conversation with each other.
4. What happens to Zaita and Dr. Booshy in the tombs?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They get scared and run away.
(c) They are trapped inside.
(d) They can't find the gold teeth.
5. What does Ibrahim Farhat do for a living?
(a) Ibrahim Farhat is a merchant.
(b) Ibrahim Farhat is a professional politician.
(c) Ibrahim Farhat is an accountant.
(d) Ibrahim Farhat is an actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan curse Sheikh Darwish?
2. Why is Uncle Kamil unable to vote?
3. What gift has Abbas brought for Hamida?
4. Why does Salim Alwan plan revenge on his wife?
5. What is Mrs. Kirsha's complaint when Hussain Kirsha comes home?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)