|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamida have that proves her popularity with the soldiers?
(a) Beautiful clothes.
2. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
(a) Shame and humiliation.
(b) Relief and hope.
(c) Contempt and animosity.
(d) Love and adoration.
3. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
(a) Headmaster of a school.
(c) Dance instructor.
(d) Accountant of a busy firm.
4. Why is Ibrahim Faraj, the stranger, so pleased when Hamida readily comes with him?
(a) He is saving the cost of wooing her.
(b) He is saving days of work pursuing her.
(c) She is an easy catch.
(d) She is compliant and friendly.
5. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
(a) He is obviously a foreigner.
(b) He is obviously unacquainted with the residents.
(c) He is obviously well to do.
(d) He is obviously investigating something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susu say is life's most beautiful thing?
2. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
3. Who does Salim Alwan trust now that he never did before?
4. What endeavor do Dr. Booshy and Zaita share?
5. What does Kirsha want from Hamida after his heart attack?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)