|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hussain Kirsha avoid the cafe as he returns home?
(a) He wants to see his father before his mother.
(b) He doesn't want to be seen by anybody.
(c) He wants to see his mother before his father.
(d) He wants to see his father before the alley people.
2. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
(a) They are afraid a new wife will upset their mother.
(b) They are afraid a new wife will take all his money.
(c) They are afraid a new wife will tire Salim Alwan.
(d) They are afraid a new wife will neglect Salim Alwan.
3. What is Uncle Kamil reluctant to tell Abbas?
(a) Hamida has disappeared.
(b) Hamida has died.
(c) Hamida has become ill.
(d) Hamida has married.
4. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
(a) They feel irritation.
(b) They feel angry.
(c) They feel vengeful.
(d) They feel genuine sadness.
5. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
(a) Egyptian history is a treasure for others.
(b) Egyptians are wiser than others.
(c) A war for others is good fortune for Egypt.
(d) Egyptians are richer than others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
2. What does Hussain Kirsha wish he had been?
3. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
4. How does the stranger irritate Kirsha?
5. How long has Hamida been missing when Abbas returns?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)