|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hussain Kirsha blame for his failures?
(a) The British.
(b) His father.
(d) His new wife.
2. What does Hussain Kirsha wish he had been?
(a) A combat soldier.
(b) A Briton.
(c) A rich man.
(d) A politician.
3. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) Fifty pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
4. How does the stranger delight Sanker?
(a) By helping Sanker with his heavy work load.
(b) By treating Sanker respectfully.
(c) By giving Sanker large tips.
(d) By calling attention to Sanker's efficiency.
5. What does Susu say is life's most beautiful thing?
(a) A good meal.
(c) A kind word.
(d) A graceful dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
2. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
3. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
4. Why does Salim Alwan deprive his household of good food?
5. Why does Ibrahim Faraj stop himself from having sex with Hamida?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)