|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
(a) Shame and humiliation.
(b) Love and adoration.
(c) Relief and hope.
(d) Contempt and animosity.
2. Why does Hussain Kirsha avoid the cafe as he returns home?
(a) He doesn't want to be seen by anybody.
(b) He wants to see his mother before his father.
(c) He wants to see his father before his mother.
(d) He wants to see his father before the alley people.
3. What pleases Kirsha most about his son's return?
(a) Kirsha has missed his son.
(b) Kirsha is attracted to his daughter-in-law.
(c) Kirsha's predictions about his son's future are vindicated.
(d) Kirsha is attracted to his daughter-in-law's brother.
4. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the worst thing about his present situation?
(a) He hasn't saved any money.
(b) He has to live at home with his parents.
(c) He has no job prospects.
(d) His wife may be pregnant.
5. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
(a) A war for others is good fortune for Egypt.
(b) Egyptians are wiser than others.
(c) Egyptians are richer than others.
(d) Egyptian history is a treasure for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan cling to his unpleasant life?
2. What does Hussain Kirsha wish he had been?
3. What does Kirsha forbid in the workplace when he returns after his heart attack?
4. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
5. Ibrahim Faraj compares Hamida to what animal?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)