|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan cling to his unpleasant life?
(a) He is hoping his life will improve.
(b) He enjoys making business deals.
(c) He is afraid of the afterlife.
(d) He feels better each day.
2. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
(a) Egyptian history is a treasure for others.
(b) A war for others is good fortune for Egypt.
(c) Egyptians are wiser than others.
(d) Egyptians are richer than others.
3. What does Mrs. Afify want from Dr. Booshy?
(a) A gold plate to replace her teeth.
(b) Bridgework for her teeth.
(c) Whitening chemicals.
(d) A false tooth.
4. What does Ibrahim Faraj say pimps are?
(a) Caretakers of beauty.
(b) Partners in crime.
(c) Stockbrokers of happiness.
(d) Shrewd money makers.
5. What does Abbas want to do while he's on holiday?
(a) Travel to the beach.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Get married.
(d) Relax with his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the advantage of British nationality?
2. How does the stranger delight Sanker?
3. How does Hamida feel about the stranger's constant attention?
4. Why do the boys advise Uncle Kamil to put up a poster of Ibrahim Farhat, the candidate?
5. What does the stranger say is the last thing new lovers learn about each other?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)