|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Salim Alwan trust now that he never did before?
(b) His family.
(d) His employees.
2. What does the stranger say is the last thing new lovers learn about each other?
(a) Their names.
(b) Their family connections.
(c) Their religion.
(d) Their hobbies.
3. What does Hussain Kirsha wish he had been?
(a) A rich man.
(b) A Briton.
(c) A combat soldier.
(d) A politician.
4. How does Hamida view her relationship with the stranger?
(a) As true love.
(b) As a romance.
(c) As an amusement.
(d) As a battle.
5. Who does Kirsha support in the election?
(a) Whoever cares for the poor.
(b) Whoever preaches independence for Egypt.
(c) Whoever pays most.
(d) Whoever supports the British occupation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susu say is life's most beautiful thing?
2. Why does Zaita insist Dr. Booshy accompany him into the tombs?
3. Why is Uncle Kamil unable to vote?
4. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
5. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)