|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamida believe the stranger means when he says, "I'm just the one to take you!"
(a) A business partnership.
(b) A trip abroad.
(d) Sexual slavery.
2. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
(a) Dance instructor.
(c) Headmaster of a school.
(d) Accountant of a busy firm.
3. Why does Salim Alwan plan revenge on his wife?
(a) He believes that she is unfaithful.
(b) He believes that she has cursed him.
(c) He believes that she has stolen from him.
(d) He believes that she is envious of him.
4. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida their life together will be like?
(a) Like royalty.
(b) Like well-matched spouses.
(c) Like film stars.
(d) Like eternal lovers.
5. Who does Salim Alwan believe has better fortune than he?
(a) Those who die of a heart attack.
(b) Those who have faith in Allah.
(c) Those who have faithful families.
(d) Those who make more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys advise Uncle Kamil to put up a poster of Ibrahim Farhat, the candidate?
2. Why does Zaita insist Dr. Booshy accompany him into the tombs?
3. Why is Ibrahim Faraj, the stranger, so pleased when Hamida readily comes with him?
4. What moment marks the dividing point between Hamida's two lives?
5. What endeavor do Dr. Booshy and Zaita share?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)