|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamida feel about the stranger's constant attention?
(a) Fascinated and infuriated.
(b) Disinterested and bored.
(c) Frightened and worried.
(d) Thrilled and pleased.
2. What are Kirsha's real feelings about Hussain Kirsha's return home?
(a) He is disinterested in his son's return and unconcerned by his marriage.
(b) He is furious at his son's return and appalled at his marriage.
(c) He is pleased at his son's return and delighted with his marriage.
(d) He is amused by his son's return and surprised at his marriage.
3. Why does Radwan Hussainy counsel Kirsha to be kind to those who envy him?
(a) He should rejoice at his recovery.
(b) He should set a good example.
(c) Those who envy him do not understand his suffering.
(d) Envy is worse than illness.
4. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the worst thing about his present situation?
(a) He has to live at home with his parents.
(b) He has no job prospects.
(c) He hasn't saved any money.
(d) His wife may be pregnant.
5. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
(a) They feel vengeful.
(b) They feel genuine sadness.
(c) They feel angry.
(d) They feel irritation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan plan revenge on his wife?
2. How does Hamida see the choice Ibrahim Faraj offers her?
3. How does the stranger irritate Kirsha?
4. What does Susu say is life's most beautiful thing?
5. What is Ibrahim Faraj's new name for Hamida?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)