|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamida deal with moral issues?
(a) Morals are no part of Hamida's nature.
(b) Hamida is instinctively moral.
(c) Radwan Hussainy has taught Hamida morality.
(d) Umm Hamida has taught Hamida morality.
2. How often does Jaada go to the baths?
(c) Each month.
(d) Twice a year.
3. How does Zaita help the strong man to become an efficient beggar?
(a) He amputates an arm.
(b) He disfigures his face.
(c) He blinds him.
(d) He teaches him to behave like an imbecile.
4. How does Zaita react to being compared with Jaada?
(a) He is unsurprised.
(b) He is flattered.
(c) He is encouraged in his pursuit of Husniya.
(d) He is insulted.
5. Why is Uncle Kamil unafraid of dying?
(a) He has led a sinless life.
(b) His life is merely a prolonged sleep.
(c) He wants to be reunited with his wife.
(d) He is in constant pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the residents of the alley believe women should be treated?
2. Why does Kirsha say the neighbors gossip about him?
3. Why does Hamida accept attention from Abbas?
4. What does Hamida believe is everything in life?
5. Why does Hamida fear marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hussain Kirsha say that Abbas should be an Italian rather than a Briton?
2. What relationship does the Kirsha family have to Hamida?
3. What does Radwan Hussainy say is half of worshiping?
4. Why does Abbas believe that Hamida feels the same attraction for him that he feels for her?
5. Why does Uncle Kamil have nothing more to do with Salim Alwan?
6. How could Salim Alwan earn the respected title of "bey?"
7. Why does Radwan Hussainy feel guilty for the wrongdoing of Dr. Booshy and Zaita?
8. How did Hamida feel when she was in Ibrahim Faraj's house?
9. What has caused Sheikh Darwish to weep and how so loudly that all the alley can hear him?
10. How does Radwan Hussainy behave toward his wife that is in contrast to his treatment of all others?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)