|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Kirsha's personality when she visits Radwan Hussainy?
(a) Mrs. Kirsha is hesitant and unsure of herself.
(b) Mrs. Kirsha is fearful and ashamed.
(c) Mrs. Kirsha is shy and diffident.
(d) Mrs. Kirsha is fearless and shameless.
2. How old is the photo Mrs. Afify sends to her suitor?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) It is new.
3. What does Kirsha mean when he says a "galman"?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A Briton.
(c) A new type of hashish.
(d) A neat, clean person.
4. Why is Uncle Kamil unafraid of dying?
(a) He wants to be reunited with his wife.
(b) His life is merely a prolonged sleep.
(c) He is in constant pain.
(d) He has led a sinless life.
5. What tragedies have befallen Radwan Hussain?
(a) The death of his wife and his failed university exams.
(b) The death of his children and the loss of his friends.
(c) The loss of his fortune and the death of his wife.
(d) Failed university exams and the death of his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Radwan Hussainy advise Mrs. Kirsha to do about her husband's behavior?
2. How does Hussain Kirsha feel about his father's erotic adventures?
3. How is Hamida's engagement to Abbas confirmed?
4. What does Salim Alwan eat for lunch each day?
5. What do his jealous friends call Hussain Kirsha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jaada do that causes Husniya to beat him continually?
2. How do Hamida and her friends feel about the Jewish girls that work in Cairo?
3. As the story ends, what are the residents of the alley preparing to celebrate?
4. How long as Hamida been gone when Abbas comes home, and what efforts have been made to find her?
5. What bad habits does Mrs. Afify have?
6. When Hussain Kirsha returns home in a sorry state, who does he blame for his troubles?
7. Why does Kirsha wish success to Hitler?
8. Of Abbas and Hussain Kirsha, which was first to leave the alley and which was first to return?
9. How had Sheikh Darwish become a homeless man of God?
10. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida that marriage leads to?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)