|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zaita react to being compared with Jaada?
(a) He is encouraged in his pursuit of Husniya.
(b) He is flattered.
(c) He is insulted.
(d) He is unsurprised.
2. What does Hussain Kirsha hope Hitler will do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Fight for another twenty years.
3. How does the boy respond to Kirsha's invitation to come to his cafe?
(a) "A good jug pours forth good water."
(b) "If you want to eat, you must tire yourself out."
(c) "May God forgive your evil thoughts!"
(d) "Only a fool refuses generosity!"
4. How does Hamida feel about Abbas?
(a) Hamida neither likes nor dislikes Abbas.
(b) Hamida secretly hates Abbas.
(c) Hamida is secretly delighted with his attention.
(d) Hamida secretly loves Abbas.
5. Why does Mrs. Kirsha hesitate to confront Kirsha about his erotic adventures?
(a) She is afraid of his anger.
(b) She does not want her son to find out.
(c) She does not want to hurt his feelings.
(d) She does not want to provide scandal for the gossips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was is Radwan Hussainy an unusual landlord?
2. How many children does Salim Alwan have?
3. How does Zaita treat his clients?
4. What do Hussain Kirsha's modern friends have that he envies?
5. Why does Umm Hamida object to Salim Alwan's desire to marry Hamida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad habits does Mrs. Afify have?
2. When Umm Hamida informs Mrs. Afify that she has found a new husband for her, she tells her that she will need to prepare her own trousseau, which is not what she actually means. What does she mean?
3. What does Radwan Hussainy say can defeat all of life's tragedies?
4. Why does Ibrahim Faraj refrain from having sex with Hamida?
5. When Mrs. Kirsha appeals to Radwan Hussainy for help, for whom does Radwan Hussainy pray first?
6. Why does Uncle Kamil have nothing more to do with Salim Alwan?
7. Why is Salim Alwan convinced that his employees are cheating him in spite of the fact that his careful auditing of the books shows no discrepancy?
8. How did Hamida feel when she was in Ibrahim Faraj's house?
9. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida that marriage leads to?
10. Why does Mrs. Kirsha go to Radwan Hussainy to complain of her husband's behavior?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)