|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do patients accept Dr. Booshy's painful cures?
(a) They believe he is the best.
(b) They believe pain is inescapable.
(c) His fees are so low.
(d) They believe pain is the best healer.
2. How does Salim Alwan deal with his family?
(a) He is distant and uninvolved.
(b) He is kind and generous.
(c) He is critical and demeaning.
(d) He is cruel and demanding.
3. What does Salim Alwan want from Hamida?
(a) He wants her to work in his business.
(b) He wants to adopt her.
(c) He wants her to be mistress.
(d) He wants her to be his second wife.
4. What does Abbas say is everything in life?
5. What tragedies have befallen Radwan Hussain?
(a) The death of his children and the loss of his friends.
(b) The loss of his fortune and the death of his wife.
(c) The death of his wife and his failed university exams.
(d) Failed university exams and the death of his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abbas say that Uncle Kamil is completely without profit for him?
2. What does Husniya tell Zaita he must do before he can talk to people?
3. What does Hussain Kirsha hope Hitler will do?
4. How does Hussain Kirsha feel about his father's erotic adventures?
5. How does Hamida feel about Abbas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do residents of the alley fear Umm Hamida?
2. Why does Kirsha wish success to Hitler?
3. How does Hamida feel about questions of morality?
4. How does Kirsha react to the gossip about his homosexual adventures?
5. When Kirsha shows anger toward Sheikh Darwish, he appeals to Zainab. Who is she and why does Sheikh Darwish pray to her?
6. What does Zaita say was the summer resort of his childhood?
7. What does Zaita promise he will do to help the beggar who is too big and strong to gain people's sympathy?
8. How had Sheikh Darwish become a homeless man of God?
9. What does Radwan Hussainy say is half of worshiping?
10. Of Abbas and Hussain Kirsha, which was first to leave the alley and which was first to return?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)