|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Kirsha's personality when she visits Radwan Hussainy?
(a) Mrs. Kirsha is shy and diffident.
(b) Mrs. Kirsha is fearless and shameless.
(c) Mrs. Kirsha is fearful and ashamed.
(d) Mrs. Kirsha is hesitant and unsure of herself.
2. How does Zaita react to being compared with Jaada?
(a) He is unsurprised.
(b) He is encouraged in his pursuit of Husniya.
(c) He is insulted.
(d) He is flattered.
3. Why was Zaita happy as a child?
(a) His family had a comfortable home in those days.
(b) He played at a swimming hole.
(c) The muddy sidewalk was a summer resort for him.
(d) His family took him to a summer resort.
4. How does Salim Alwan deal with his family?
(a) He is critical and demeaning.
(b) He is distant and uninvolved.
(c) He is cruel and demanding.
(d) He is kind and generous.
5. How does Radwan Hussainy advise Mrs. Kirsha to deal with her husband's weakness?
(a) Radway Hussainy advises Mrs. Kirsha to keep her husband's weakness secret.
(b) Radwan Hussainy advises Mrs. Kirsha to pray.
(c) Radwan Hussainy advises Mrs. Kirsha to teach her husband.
(d) Radwan Hussainy advises Mrs. Kirsha to seek divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Dr. Booshy earned his title?
2. How many children does Salim Alwan have?
3. How is Hamida's engagement to Abbas confirmed?
4. Was is Radwan Hussainy an unusual landlord?
5. What does Radwan Hussainy advise Mrs. Kirsha to do about her husband's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of Abbas and Hussain Kirsha, which was first to leave the alley and which was first to return?
2. Why do Abbas' words of love have an effect on Hamida although she does not care for him?
3. When Mrs. Kirsha appeals to Radwan Hussainy for help, for whom does Radwan Hussainy pray first?
4. What has caused Sheikh Darwish to weep and how so loudly that all the alley can hear him?
5. Waiting for the boy with whom he has become acquainted, Kirsha suffers the "bitterness of victory." What is the bitterness of victory?
6. What does Hamida believe rich people eat?
7. How long as Hamida been gone when Abbas comes home, and what efforts have been made to find her?
8. Why does Zaita claim that the best doctors in Egypt don't have the skill that he does?
9. How could Salim Alwan earn the respected title of "bey?"
10. Why does Ibrahim Faraj refrain from having sex with Hamida?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)