|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zaita treat his clients?
(a) He is as cruel and vicious as possible.
(b) He is as kind and patient as possible.
(c) He is as friendly and encouraging as possible.
(d) He is as fast and efficient as possible.
2. Why does Abbas say that Uncle Kamil is completely without profit for him?
(a) Uncle Kamil takes more than his half of the food they share.
(b) Uncle Kamil never pays his bills.
(c) Uncle Kamil has no hair to cut.
(d) Uncle Kamil doesn't pay his share of the rent.
3. How does Kirsha defend his lustful conduct?
(a) "I can't help myself."
(b) "I am trying to save the boy from harm."
(c) "All men do many things that are dirty."
(d) "There is no evil in what I do."
4. Why does Hamida fear marriage?
(a) Hamidais afraid she won't have children.
(b) Hamida loves clothes and hates children.
(c) Hamida loves children and hates clothes.
(d) Hamida is afraid she cannot be a worthy wife.
5. What does Hamida believe is the key to the entire world?
(b) True love.
(c) Reliable friends.
(d) Good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the photo Mrs. Afify sends to her suitor?
2. How does Hamida deal with moral issues?
3. What does Salim Alwan want from Hamida?
4. Why does Sheikh Darwish think Kirsha should love his wife?
5. How many children does Salim Alwan have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of the alley residents was most affected by the news of Abbas' tragic death?
2. Why does Ibrahim Faraj refrain from having sex with Hamida?
3. What does Jaada do that causes Husniya to beat him continually?
4. Why does Abbas believe that Hamida feels the same attraction for him that he feels for her?
5. Why does Hussain Kirsha say that Abbas should be an Italian rather than a Briton?
6. What does Hamida believe rich people eat?
7. How did Hamida feel when she was in Ibrahim Faraj's house?
8. How does Radwan Hussainy feel about boredom?
9. How had Sheikh Darwish become a homeless man of God?
10. When Kirsha shows anger toward Sheikh Darwish, he appeals to Zainab. Who is she and why does Sheikh Darwish pray to her?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)