|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the poet been reciting in Kirsha's cafe?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) All evening.
(d) Two years.
2. How long will Abbas be in the service of the British army?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Five years.
(c) A year or two.
(d) At least six months.
3. What relation is Mrs. Kirsha to Hamida?
(a) She is her foster mother.
(b) She is secretly her mother.
(c) She is her aunt.
(d) She was a wet nurse to the child.
4. How does Hamida deal with moral issues?
(a) Hamida is instinctively moral.
(b) Radwan Hussainy has taught Hamida morality.
(c) Umm Hamida has taught Hamida morality.
(d) Morals are no part of Hamida's nature.
5. How much older is Mrs. Afify than her prospective husband?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the residents of the alley think they've been suffering during the war?
2. How does Kirsha reacts when Hussain says he really will leave home?
3. How often does Jaada go to the baths?
4. How do the residents of the alley believe women should be treated?
5. Why does Hamida accept attention from Abbas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kirsha come to Radwan Hussainy's home?
2. Why does Abbas believe that Hamida feels the same attraction for him that he feels for her?
3. Why does Ibrahim Faraj select the name Titi for Hamida?
4. Why does Mrs. Kirsha go to Radwan Hussainy to complain of her husband's behavior?
5. How do Hamida and her friends feel about the Jewish girls that work in Cairo?
6. What conflicting emotions does Hamida feel for the stranger who keeps staring at her?
7. What relationship does the Kirsha family have to Hamida?
8. Why does Radwan Hussainy advise Umm Hamida that Abbas will be a better husband for Hamida than Salim Alwan?
9. Which of the alley residents was most affected by the news of Abbas' tragic death?
10. How did Hamida feel when she was in Ibrahim Faraj's house?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)