|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kirsha forbid in the workplace when he returns after his heart attack?
2. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the advantage of British nationality?
(a) In England, everyone is strong.
(b) In England, everyone is equal.
(c) In England, everyone is rich.
(d) In England, everyone is happy.
3. What gift has Abbas brought for Hamida?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A silver necklace.
(c) A gold bracelet.
(d) A gold necklace.
4. What does Kirsha want from Hamida after his heart attack?
(b) A girlfriend.
(d) A business partnership.
5. What does Abbas want to do while he's on holiday?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Relax with his friends.
(c) Get married.
(d) Travel to the beach.
6. Why is Hussain Kirsha disappointed in Hitler?
(a) Hussain Kirsha hoped Hitler would conquer the world.
(b) Hussain Kirsha hoped Hitler would fight on indefinitely.
(c) Hussain Kirsha hoped Hitler would defeat Russia.
(d) Hussain Kirsha hoped Hitler would come to Egypt.
7. What pleases Kirsha most about his son's return?
(a) Kirsha is attracted to his daughter-in-law.
(b) Kirsha is attracted to his daughter-in-law's brother.
(c) Kirsha has missed his son.
(d) Kirsha's predictions about his son's future are vindicated.
8. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
(a) They feel vengeful.
(b) They feel genuine sadness.
(c) They feel angry.
(d) They feel irritation.
9. Who does Hussain Kirsha blame for his failures?
(a) The British.
(c) His father.
(d) His new wife.
10. What does Hussain Kirsha wish he had been?
(a) A politician.
(b) A Briton.
(c) A rich man.
(d) A combat soldier.
11. How long has Hamida been missing when Abbas returns?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
12. What does Ibrahim Faraj say pimps are?
(a) Caretakers of beauty.
(b) Stockbrokers of happiness.
(c) Partners in crime.
(d) Shrewd money makers.
13. Why does Ibrahim Faraj stop himself from having sex with Hamida?
(a) He doesn't want to frighten her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants to treat her respectfully.
(d) American officers pay fifty pounds for virgins.
14. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
(a) They are afraid a new wife will neglect Salim Alwan.
(b) They are afraid a new wife will tire Salim Alwan.
(c) They are afraid a new wife will take all his money.
(d) They are afraid a new wife will upset their mother.
15. What is the only thing that Hamida misses about her past life?
(a) Her late-afternoon walk.
(b) Her foster mother.
(d) Her girlfriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim Alwan apologize to Sheikh Darwish?
2. What is the first class to which Ibrahim Faraj takes Hamida?
3. What part of Kirsha has suffered the worst damage from the heart attack?
4. Why does Salim Alwan curse Sheikh Darwish?
5. Why is Kirsha offended at Ibrahim Farhat's offer to pay for his support?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)