Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kirsha support in the election?
(a) Whoever pays most.
(b) Whoever supports the British occupation.
(c) Whoever cares for the poor.
(d) Whoever preaches independence for Egypt.
2. Who does Salim Alwan trust now that he never did before?
(a) His employees.
(c) His family.
3. What is Mrs. Kirsha's complaint when Hussain Kirsha comes home?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He married without consulting his parents.
(c) He is unkind to her.
(d) He has brought strangers into the home.
4. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
(a) They are afraid a new wife will tire Salim Alwan.
(b) They are afraid a new wife will neglect Salim Alwan.
(c) They are afraid a new wife will upset their mother.
(d) They are afraid a new wife will take all his money.
5. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Twenty pounds.
(d) Fifty pounds.
6. Why does Salim Alwan cling to his unpleasant life?
(a) He is hoping his life will improve.
(b) He is afraid of the afterlife.
(c) He feels better each day.
(d) He enjoys making business deals.
7. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
(a) A war for others is good fortune for Egypt.
(b) Egyptian history is a treasure for others.
(c) Egyptians are richer than others.
(d) Egyptians are wiser than others.
8. What happens to Zaita and Dr. Booshy in the tombs?
(a) They are trapped inside.
(b) They get scared and run away.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They can't find the gold teeth.
9. What does Hamida have that proves her popularity with the soldiers?
(a) Beautiful clothes.
10. Why does Susu say it is an advantage that Hamida has never danced before?
(a) Hamida will be more difficult to teach.
(b) Susu can mold Hamida as he wishes.
(c) Hamida will be more graceful.
(d) Hamida will be more obedient.
11. What does Kirsha forbid in the workplace when he returns after his heart attack?
12. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
(a) Her wardrobe.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) Her name.
(d) Her manners.
13. Why does Salim Alwan apologize to Sheikh Darwish?
(a) Sheikh Darwish's howling is embarrassing.
(b) A sick man should not anger one of God's holy men.
(c) Salim Alwan is anxious to please Sheikh Darwish.
(d) Salim Alwan is genuinely humbled.
14. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
(a) Shame and humiliation.
(b) Love and adoration.
(c) Contempt and animosity.
(d) Relief and hope.
15. What does the stranger say is the last thing new lovers learn about each other?
(a) Their hobbies.
(b) Their religion.
(c) Their family connections.
(d) Their names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys advise Uncle Kamil to put up a poster of Ibrahim Farhat, the candidate?
2. Why is Hussain Kirsha disappointed in Hitler?
3. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
4. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida their life together will be like?
5. Why is Hussain Kirsha laid off by the British?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)