|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Uncle Kamil unable to vote?
(a) He doesn't know his birthplace.
(b) He doesn't know how to read.
(c) He is not Egyptian.
(d) He doesn't study the issues.
2. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
(a) They feel irritation.
(b) They feel vengeful.
(c) They feel genuine sadness.
(d) They feel angry.
3. Who does Hussain Kirsha blame for his failures?
(a) The British.
(b) His new wife.
(c) His father.
4. How does Sheikh Darwish respond to Ibrahim Farhat's request for a blessing?
(a) He promises him success.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He curses him.
(d) He agrees to pray for him.
5. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
(a) He is obviously investigating something.
(b) He is obviously unacquainted with the residents.
(c) He is obviously well to do.
(d) He is obviously a foreigner.
6. What part of Kirsha has suffered the worst damage from the heart attack?
(a) His digestive system.
(b) His circulatory system.
(c) His nervous system.
(d) His respiratory system.
7. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida their life together will be like?
(a) Like royalty.
(b) Like film stars.
(c) Like well-matched spouses.
(d) Like eternal lovers.
8. How does Hamida see the choice Ibrahim Faraj offers her?
(a) A dull past or an exciting future.
(b) Virtue and vice.
(c) Solitude or marriage.
(d) Innocence and crime.
9. What does Kirsha want from Hamida after his heart attack?
(a) A girlfriend.
(d) A business partnership.
10. How does Mrs. Afify react to the news of Dr. Booshy's capture?
(a) She throws away her gold teeth.
(b) She buys the stolen teeth.
(c) She tells everyone she knows.
(d) She goes to visit him in jail.
11. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the advantage of British nationality?
(a) In England, everyone is rich.
(b) In England, everyone is equal.
(c) In England, everyone is happy.
(d) In England, everyone is strong.
12. Who does Salim Alwan believe has better fortune than he?
(a) Those who have faithful families.
(b) Those who have faith in Allah.
(c) Those who make more money.
(d) Those who die of a heart attack.
13. What is Ibrahim Faraj's new name for Hamida?
14. What does Ibrahim Farhat do for a living?
(a) Ibrahim Farhat is an accountant.
(b) Ibrahim Farhat is an actor.
(c) Ibrahim Farhat is a merchant.
(d) Ibrahim Farhat is a professional politician.
15. What does Ibrahim Faraj say pimps are?
(a) Shrewd money makers.
(b) Stockbrokers of happiness.
(c) Partners in crime.
(d) Caretakers of beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Salim Alwan trust now that he never did before?
2. Why does Salim Alwan plan revenge on his wife?
3. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
4. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
5. Why is Ibrahim Faraj, the stranger, so pleased when Hamida readily comes with him?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)