|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Twenty pounds.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) Fifty pounds.
2. What does the stranger say is the last thing new lovers learn about each other?
(a) Their family connections.
(b) Their religion.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their hobbies.
3. Who does Salim Alwan believe has better fortune than he?
(a) Those who have faith in Allah.
(b) Those who have faithful families.
(c) Those who die of a heart attack.
(d) Those who make more money.
4. What does Ibrahim Faraj say pimps are?
(a) Partners in crime.
(b) Shrewd money makers.
(c) Stockbrokers of happiness.
(d) Caretakers of beauty.
5. Why does Susu say it is an advantage that Hamida has never danced before?
(a) Hamida will be more difficult to teach.
(b) Susu can mold Hamida as he wishes.
(c) Hamida will be more obedient.
(d) Hamida will be more graceful.
6. What happens to Zaita and Dr. Booshy in the tombs?
(a) They are trapped inside.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They can't find the gold teeth.
(d) They get scared and run away.
7. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
(a) They are afraid a new wife will upset their mother.
(b) They are afraid a new wife will neglect Salim Alwan.
(c) They are afraid a new wife will take all his money.
(d) They are afraid a new wife will tire Salim Alwan.
8. How long has Hamida been missing when Abbas returns?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
9. How does Mrs. Afify react to the news of Dr. Booshy's capture?
(a) She buys the stolen teeth.
(b) She tells everyone she knows.
(c) She goes to visit him in jail.
(d) She throws away her gold teeth.
10. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the advantage of British nationality?
(a) In England, everyone is rich.
(b) In England, everyone is strong.
(c) In England, everyone is happy.
(d) In England, everyone is equal.
11. What does Kirsha forbid in the workplace when he returns after his heart attack?
12. Why has Abbas returned to the alley?
(a) He has been laid off.
(b) He has returned because he was homesick.
(c) He has returned to his barber shop.
(d) He is on holiday.
13. What does Mrs. Afify want from Dr. Booshy?
(a) A gold plate to replace her teeth.
(b) Bridgework for her teeth.
(c) A false tooth.
(d) Whitening chemicals.
14. Who does Salim Alwan trust now that he never did before?
(a) His family.
(b) His employees.
15. What does Susu say is life's most beautiful thing?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A graceful dancer.
(d) A kind word.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
2. Why does Radwan Hussainy counsel Kirsha to be kind to those who envy him?
3. What moment marks the dividing point between Hamida's two lives?
4. Why does Zaita insist Dr. Booshy accompany him into the tombs?
5. What is Ibrahim Faraj's new name for Hamida?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)