Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamida have that proves her popularity with the soldiers?
(a) Beautiful clothes.
2. What does Hamida feel when she unexpectedly encounters Abbas?
(a) Shame and humiliation.
(b) Relief and hope.
(c) Contempt and animosity.
(d) Love and adoration.
3. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
(a) Headmaster of a school.
(c) Dance instructor.
(d) Accountant of a busy firm.
4. Why is Ibrahim Faraj, the stranger, so pleased when Hamida readily comes with him?
(a) He is saving the cost of wooing her.
(b) He is saving days of work pursuing her.
(c) She is an easy catch.
(d) She is compliant and friendly.
5. Why does the stranger seem out of place in Midaq Alley?
(a) He is obviously a foreigner.
(b) He is obviously unacquainted with the residents.
(c) He is obviously well to do.
(d) He is obviously investigating something.
6. What does Susu say is life's most beautiful thing?
(b) A graceful dancer.
(c) A kind word.
(d) A good meal.
7. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) Her manners.
(d) Her wardrobe.
8. Who does Salim Alwan trust now that he never did before?
(b) His family.
(c) His employees.
9. What endeavor do Dr. Booshy and Zaita share?
(a) Burglary of homes.
(b) Grave robbing.
(c) Extortion of beggars.
(d) Picking pockets.
10. What does Kirsha want from Hamida after his heart attack?
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A business partnership.
11. Why does Salim Alwan cling to his unpleasant life?
(a) He feels better each day.
(b) He enjoys making business deals.
(c) He is afraid of the afterlife.
(d) He is hoping his life will improve.
12. How does Hussain Kirsha think Egypt is different from the rest of the world?
(a) Egyptians are richer than others.
(b) Egyptian history is a treasure for others.
(c) A war for others is good fortune for Egypt.
(d) Egyptians are wiser than others.
13. Why has Abbas returned to the alley?
(a) He has been laid off.
(b) He has returned to his barber shop.
(c) He has returned because he was homesick.
(d) He is on holiday.
14. How does Abbas learn that Hamida left with a man?
(a) The factory girls tell him.
(b) Uncle Kamil tells him.
(c) Umm Hamida tells him.
(d) Hussain Kirsha tells him.
15. Why do Salim Alwan's sons object to his marrying again?
(a) They are afraid a new wife will take all his money.
(b) They are afraid a new wife will neglect Salim Alwan.
(c) They are afraid a new wife will upset their mother.
(d) They are afraid a new wife will tire Salim Alwan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hamida think she will never eat lentils again?
2. Who does Salim Alwan believe has better fortune than he?
3. What does the stranger say is the last thing new lovers learn about each other?
4. What does Abbas want to do while he's on holiday?
5. Why is Hussain Kirsha laid off by the British?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)