Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Umma Hamida pleased with Salim Alwan's offer?
(a) The marriage will make Hamida happy.
(b) The marriage will get Hamida out of her house.
(c) The marriage will be a professional success for her.
(d) The marriage will be a financial benefit to her.
2. Why does Umm Hamida consult Radwan Hussainy about Salim Alwan's offer?
(a) Radwan Hussainy is paid for his advice.
(b) Radwan Hussainy is a relative.
(c) Their family always relies on his advice.
(d) Their family has no other man to consult.
3. How does Salim Alwan deal with his family?
(a) He is distant and uninvolved.
(b) He is kind and generous.
(c) He is cruel and demanding.
(d) He is critical and demeaning.
4. Who is the only person in constant motion in the cafe?
(c) Mrs. Kirsha.
5. Where does Sheik Darwish live?
(a) He is homeless.
(b) He rents a room fro Kirsha.
(c) He lives in the cafe.
(d) He rents a room from Radwan Hussainy.
6. How does Hamida deal with moral issues?
(a) Hamida is instinctively moral.
(b) Morals are no part of Hamida's nature.
(c) Radwan Hussainy has taught Hamida morality.
(d) Umm Hamida has taught Hamida morality.
7. Why does Mrs. Kirsha hesitate to confront Kirsha about his erotic adventures?
(a) She does not want her son to find out.
(b) She is afraid of his anger.
(c) She does not want to hurt his feelings.
(d) She does not want to provide scandal for the gossips.
8. What does Mrs. Afify suspect is causing Umm Hamida to delay in finding her a husband?
(a) Umm Hamida can't find a suitable man.
(b) Umm Hamida is taking the best man for herself.
(c) Umm Hamida wants more money than they agreed upon.
(d) Umm Hamida is distracted by Hamida's engagement.
9. How is Radwan Hussainy regarded by pious men like himself?
(a) Radwan Hussainy is a scholar with great learning.
(b) Radwan Hussainy is their teacher of the Qur'an.
(c) Radwan Hussainy is a saintly man of god.
(d) Radwan Hussainy is limited and weak.
10. How does Hamida feel about Abbas?
(a) Hamida neither likes nor dislikes Abbas.
(b) Hamida secretly loves Abbas.
(c) Hamida secretly hates Abbas.
(d) Hamida is secretly delighted with his attention.
11. How does Kirsha reacts when Hussain says he really will leave home?
(a) Kirsha slaps Hussain.
(b) Kirsha refuses to speak.
(c) Kirsha leaves the room.
(d) Kirsha begins to weep.
12. How does Husniya react when Zaita reveals himself to her?
(a) She falls into his arms.
(b) She throws a heavy mug at him.
(c) She insults his manhood.
(d) She promises to meet him later.
13. What does Kirsha blame himself for his wife's behavior?
(a) Kirsha should have beaten his wife.
(b) Kirsha should have left his wife.
(c) Kirsha should have educated his wife.
(d) Kirsha should have been kinder to his wife.
14. What do Hussain Kirsha's modern friends have that he envies?
(b) Steady employment.
15. How much older is Mrs. Afify than her prospective husband?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zaita help the strong man to become an efficient beggar?
2. What does Husniya tell Zaita he must do before he can talk to people?
3. How does Hamida react when she learns that Salim Alwan wants to marry her?
4. What does Abbas say is everything in life?
5. What does Salim Alwan want from Hamida?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)