|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hussain Kirsha feel about his father's erotic adventures?
(a) He is scandalized.
(b) He thinks it is amusing.
(c) He does not want to be the object of gossip and jokes.
(d) He is deeply ashamed.
2. How does Abbas respond to his first drink of alcohol?
(a) He says it is cheering.
(b) He says it is wonderful.
(c) He says it is horrible.
(d) He says it is delightful.
3. Why does Ibrahim Faraj stop himself from having sex with Hamida?
(a) American officers pay fifty pounds for virgins.
(b) He wants to treat her respectfully.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He doesn't want to frighten her.
4. How often does Jaada go to the baths?
(b) Each month.
(c) Twice a year.
5. How does Abbas learn that Hamida left with a man?
(a) Hussain Kirsha tells him.
(b) The factory girls tell him.
(c) Umm Hamida tells him.
(d) Uncle Kamil tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Husniya tell Zaita he must do before he can talk to people?
2. How much older is Mrs. Afify than her prospective husband?
3. What does the stranger say is the last thing new lovers learn about each other?
4. What effect has personal sorrow had on Radwan Hussainy?
5. What does Ibrahim Faraj say is his true profession?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)