|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the alley learn of Salim Alwan's lunch and its powers?
(a) Salim Alwan tells everyone.
(b) Husniaya tries it on her husband.
(c) Salim Alwan's wife complains to everyone.
(d) Sheikh Darwish tells everyone.
2. What does Hussain Kirsha say is the worst thing about his present situation?
(a) His wife may be pregnant.
(b) He has no job prospects.
(c) He has to live at home with his parents.
(d) He hasn't saved any money.
3. What effect has personal sorrow had on Radwan Hussainy?
(a) It has made him cruel and unforgiving.
(b) It has made him loving and patient.
(c) It has made him sorrowful and despairing.
(d) It has made him pessimistic and fearful.
4. What does Salim Alwan eat for lunch each day?
(a) Potatoes and vegetables.
(b) Vegetables, potatoes, and a bowl of green wheat with pigeon meat and nutmeg.
(c) Rice and meat.
(d) Sprouted alfalfa with vegetables.
5. What does Hussain Kirsha hope Hitler will do?
(a) Fight for another twenty years.
(d) Commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Uncle Kamil unable to vote?
2. What is Mrs. Kirsha's complaint when Hussain Kirsha comes home?
3. What has Abbas learned while he has been away from the alley?
4. Why does Salim Alwan deprive his household of good food?
5. What moment marks the dividing point between Hamida's two lives?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)