|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the English instructor say the girls learn English best?
(a) In conversation with each other.
(b) In taverns and hotels.
(c) In textbooks.
(d) In classrooms.
2. What has Abbas learned while he has been away from the alley?
(a) How to speak English.
(b) How to speak Arabic.
(c) How to speak French.
(d) How to speak German.
3. What does Mrs. Afify suspect is causing Umm Hamida to delay in finding her a husband?
(a) Umm Hamida can't find a suitable man.
(b) Umm Hamida wants more money than they agreed upon.
(c) Umm Hamida is distracted by Hamida's engagement.
(d) Umm Hamida is taking the best man for herself.
4. Why do the residents of the alley think they've been suffering during the war?
(a) Due to their own wickedness.
(b) Due to random chance.
(c) Due to the wickedness of the British.
(d) Due to the malice of the gods.
5. What happens to Zaita and Dr. Booshy in the tombs?
(a) They get scared and run away.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are trapped inside.
(d) They can't find the gold teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Dr. Booshy earned his title?
2. What does Kirsha want from Hamida after his heart attack?
3. How does Abbas learn that Hamida left with a man?
4. Ibrahim Faraj compares Hamida to what animal?
5. How does the boy respond to Kirsha's invitation to come to his cafe?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)