|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect has personal sorrow had on Radwan Hussainy?
(a) It has made him cruel and unforgiving.
(b) It has made him pessimistic and fearful.
(c) It has made him loving and patient.
(d) It has made him sorrowful and despairing.
2. What stops the engagement of Salim Alwan to Hamida?
(a) Salim Alwan has a heart attack.
(b) Radwan Hussainy talks Salim Alwan out of the idea.
(c) Salim Alwan changes his mind.
(d) Mrs. Alwan stops Salim Alwan.
3. Why do the boys advise Uncle Kamil to put up a poster of Ibrahim Farhat, the candidate?
(a) If Farhat sees the poster, he will be all of Uncle Kamil's sweets.
(b) Ibrahim Farhat is fond of sweets.
(c) Uncle Kamil would be wise to take his side.
(d) Ibrahim Farhat is the best candidate.
4. Why does Kirsha say the neighbors gossip about him?
(a) They are envious.
(b) They are shocked by his behavior
(c) They want to help him.
(d) They have always hated him.
5. Why does Mrs. Kirsha hesitate to confront Kirsha about his erotic adventures?
(a) She is afraid of his anger.
(b) She does not want her son to find out.
(c) She does not want to hurt his feelings.
(d) She does not want to provide scandal for the gossips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Radwan Hussainy regarded by pious men like himself?
2. Who is the only person in constant motion in the cafe?
3. What bad habits does Kirsha have?
4. Why is Sheik Darwish always welcome?
5. What part of Kirsha has suffered the worst damage from the heart attack?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)