|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamida respond to Abbas' words of love?
(a) Abbas' words make her angry.
(b) Hamida has no interest in Abbas' words.
(c) Abbas' words cause her to fall in love.
(d) Abbas' words of love please her vanity, but not her heart.
2. What effect has personal sorrow had on Radwan Hussainy?
(a) It has made him sorrowful and despairing.
(b) It has made him loving and patient.
(c) It has made him pessimistic and fearful.
(d) It has made him cruel and unforgiving.
3. What does Kirsha blame himself for his wife's behavior?
(a) Kirsha should have been kinder to his wife.
(b) Kirsha should have beaten his wife.
(c) Kirsha should have left his wife.
(d) Kirsha should have educated his wife.
4. How does Sheikh Darwish respond to Ibrahim Farhat's request for a blessing?
(a) He curses him.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He promises him success.
(d) He agrees to pray for him.
5. How many children does Salim Alwan have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Ibrahim Farhat offer Kirsha for his support?
2. Why does Hussain Kirsha avoid the cafe as he returns home?
3. Why does Umm Hamida consult Radwan Hussainy about Salim Alwan's offer?
4. How does Salim Alwan deal with his family?
5. How does Hussain Kirsha convince Abbas to go to work for the British?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)