|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Umm Hamida object to Salim Alwan's desire to marry Hamida?
(a) Hamida is too difficult and contrary.
(b) Umm Hamida and Hamida are not of Salim Alwan's class.
(c) Citizens of the alley will object.
(d) Salim Alwan is too old.
2. How does Zaita know the intimate details of the bakers' lives?
(a) He can hear their arguing through the wall.
(b) He spies through a hole in the wall.
(c) Husniya tells him everything.
(d) Jaada confides in him.
3. What does Salim Alwan believe that Allah has done to make men's lives easier?
(a) Provided for them to take more than one wife.
(b) Made hashish legal.
(c) Provided for them to marry one woman.
(d) Made sharp bargaining acceptable.
4. What does Salim Alwan eat for lunch each day?
(a) Potatoes and vegetables.
(b) Rice and meat.
(c) Vegetables, potatoes, and a bowl of green wheat with pigeon meat and nutmeg.
(d) Sprouted alfalfa with vegetables.
5. What do his jealous friends call Hussain Kirsha?
(a) Hussain Kirsha the Fox.
(b) Hussain Kirsha the Garage.
(c) Hussain Kirsha the Ladykiller.
(d) Hussain Kirsha the Large.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people in the alley avoid Zaita?
2. How much older is Mrs. Afify than her prospective husband?
3. What relation is Mrs. Kirsha to Hamida?
4. What does Abbas say is everything in life?
5. How do the residents of the alley believe women should be treated?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)