|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zaita treat his clients?
(a) He is as kind and patient as possible.
(b) He is as fast and efficient as possible.
(c) He is as friendly and encouraging as possible.
(d) He is as cruel and vicious as possible.
2. Why is Sheik Darwish always welcome?
(a) He is lively and intelligent.
(b) His presence is a good sign.
(c) He is garrulous and entertaining.
(d) He is wealthy and generous.
3. How long will Abbas be in the service of the British army?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Five years.
(c) At least six months.
(d) A year or two.
4. Why does Kirsha say the neighbors gossip about him?
(a) They have always hated him.
(b) They want to help him.
(c) They are envious.
(d) They are shocked by his behavior
5. What trick does Abbas play on Uncle Kamil?
(a) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he will never die.
(b) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he has bought him a nice shroud.
(c) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he will live much longer.
(d) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he will pay for his burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim Alwan eat for lunch each day?
2. How does Radwan Hussainy advise Mrs. Kirsha to deal with her husband's weakness?
3. Why does Abbas think Hamida talks of money rather than of love?
4. How does Hamida feel about Abbas?
5. Where does Sheik Darwish live?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)