|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheikh Darwish think Kirsha should love his wife?
(a) She is the most beautiful woman in the alley.
(b) She is a loving, patient woman.
(c) She is more male than female.
(d) She has put up with him for years.
2. When does Zaita begin work?
(a) At sundown.
(b) At noon.
(c) At sunup.
(d) At midnight.
3. Why is Uncle Kamil unafraid of dying?
(a) He has led a sinless life.
(b) He wants to be reunited with his wife.
(c) He is in constant pain.
(d) His life is merely a prolonged sleep.
4. What does Mrs. Afify want from Umm Hamida?
(a) A love potion.
(c) A husband.
(d) More rent.
5. Was is Radwan Hussainy an unusual landlord?
(a) He raises the rent only once a year.
(b) He ignored a military edict to raise rent.
(c) He raises the rent only once every five years.
(d) He lets his tenants live rent-free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim Alwan's lunch do for him?
2. How does Hamida deal with moral issues?
3. Why does Zaita never refer to himself as "doctor?"
4. What effect has personal sorrow had on Radwan Hussainy?
5. What relation is Umm Hamida to Hamida?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)