|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salim Alwan's lunch do for him?
(a) It is an aphrodisiac.
(b) It gives him unusual energy for work.
(c) It helps him to nap.
(d) It makes him cheerful.
2. What relation is Umm Hamida to Hamida?
(a) She was a wet nurse to the child.
(b) She is secrety her mother.
(c) She is her foster mother.
(d) She is her aunt.
3. What tragedies have befallen Radwan Hussain?
(a) The death of his wife and his failed university exams.
(b) The loss of his fortune and the death of his wife.
(c) The death of his children and the loss of his friends.
(d) Failed university exams and the death of his children.
4. What bad habits does Kirsha have?
(a) Coffee and tobacco.
(b) Hashish and relations with boys.
(c) Alcohol and hashish.
(d) Tobacco and lying.
5. How long has the poet been reciting in Kirsha's cafe?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Two years.
(d) All evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamida believe is the key to the entire world?
2. Why does Mrs. Kirsha hesitate to confront Kirsha about his erotic adventures?
3. What does Hamida believe is everything in life?
4. What does Sheikh Darwish say about Abbas' love of Hamida?
5. What does Salim Alwan's company sell?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)