|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kirsha poor?
(a) Mrs. Kirsha takes all his money.
(b) Kirsha's money goes to support Hussain Kirsha's lifestyle.
(c) Kirsha's cafe does not make a profit.
(d) Kirsha squanders his money.
2. Why does Mrs. Kirsha hesitate to confront Kirsha about his erotic adventures?
(a) She does not want to provide scandal for the gossips.
(b) She is afraid of his anger.
(c) She does not want to hurt his feelings.
(d) She does not want her son to find out.
3. What does Salim Alwan's lunch do for him?
(a) It gives him unusual energy for work.
(b) It helps him to nap.
(c) It makes him cheerful.
(d) It is an aphrodisiac.
4. What does Hamida believe is the key to the entire world?
(b) True love.
(c) Reliable friends.
(d) Good looks.
5. What trick does Abbas play on Uncle Kamil?
(a) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he will never die.
(b) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he will live much longer.
(c) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he has bought him a nice shroud.
(d) Abbas convinces Uncle Kamil that he will pay for his burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hamida envy Jewish girls?
2. Why do the residents of the alley think they've been suffering during the war?
3. What does Kirsha believe is replacing public recitations?
4. Who is the only person in constant motion in the cafe?
5. What tragedies have befallen Radwan Hussain?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)