|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do patients accept Dr. Booshy's painful cures?
(a) They believe pain is the best healer.
(b) His fees are so low.
(c) They believe pain is inescapable.
(d) They believe he is the best.
2. How does Hussain Kirsha feel about his father's erotic adventures?
(a) He is scandalized.
(b) He does not want to be the object of gossip and jokes.
(c) He is deeply ashamed.
(d) He thinks it is amusing.
3. What bad habits does Kirsha have?
(a) Coffee and tobacco.
(b) Tobacco and lying.
(c) Alcohol and hashish.
(d) Hashish and relations with boys.
4. Why does Salim Alwan avoid a political career?
(a) He makes more money in commerce.
(b) He does not understand politics.
(c) He does not like politics.
(d) He has never been invited to participate in politics.
5. Why does Abbas say that Uncle Kamil is completely without profit for him?
(a) Uncle Kamil takes more than his half of the food they share.
(b) Uncle Kamil never pays his bills.
(c) Uncle Kamil has no hair to cut.
(d) Uncle Kamil doesn't pay his share of the rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim Alwan's company sell?
2. How does Hussain Kirsha convince Abbas to go to work for the British?
3. What effect has personal sorrow had on Radwan Hussainy?
4. Why does Mrs. Kirsha hesitate to confront Kirsha about his erotic adventures?
5. How does Salim Alwan deal with his family?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)