|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ibrahim Faraj makes Hamida change?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) Her manners.
(d) Her wardrobe.
2. What relation is Mrs. Kirsha to Hamida?
(a) She is her foster mother.
(b) She is secretly her mother.
(c) She is her aunt.
(d) She was a wet nurse to the child.
3. How does Hussain Kirsha convince Abbas to go to work for the British?
(a) Hussain Kirsha tells Abbas he will never win Hamida unless he does.
(b) Hussain Kirsha tells Abbas that no one in the alley cares for him.
(c) Hussain Kirsha tells Abbas his life is boring.
(d) Hussain Kirsha tells Abbas that the British are the Egyptians' true friends.
4. How does Mrs. Afify react to the news of Dr. Booshy's capture?
(a) She buys the stolen teeth.
(b) She throws away her gold teeth.
(c) She goes to visit him in jail.
(d) She tells everyone she knows.
5. What does Mrs. Afify want from Dr. Booshy?
(a) A false tooth.
(b) Bridgework for her teeth.
(c) A gold plate to replace her teeth.
(d) Whitening chemicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Radwan Hussainy invite Kirsha into his home?
2. How many children does Mrs. Kirsha have?
3. Why is Uncle Kamil unable to vote?
4. How do Salim Alwan's sons react to his hostility?
5. Why does Hamida think she will never eat lentils again?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)