|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the professions of Salim Alwan's sons?
(a) A teacher, a musician, and a barber.
(b) They do not work.
(c) A judge, an attorney, and a doctor.
(d) They are all merchants.
2. What does Ibrahim Faraj tell Hamida their life together will be like?
(a) Like film stars.
(b) Like well-matched spouses.
(c) Like royalty.
(d) Like eternal lovers.
3. Why do the boys advise Uncle Kamil to put up a poster of Ibrahim Farhat, the candidate?
(a) Ibrahim Farhat is the best candidate.
(b) If Farhat sees the poster, he will be all of Uncle Kamil's sweets.
(c) Ibrahim Farhat is fond of sweets.
(d) Uncle Kamil would be wise to take his side.
4. What effect has personal sorrow had on Radwan Hussainy?
(a) It has made him pessimistic and fearful.
(b) It has made him loving and patient.
(c) It has made him sorrowful and despairing.
(d) It has made him cruel and unforgiving.
5. What does Mrs. Afify suspect is causing Umm Hamida to delay in finding her a husband?
(a) Umm Hamida wants more money than they agreed upon.
(b) Umm Hamida can't find a suitable man.
(c) Umm Hamida is distracted by Hamida's engagement.
(d) Umm Hamida is taking the best man for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hussain Kirsha laid off by the British?
2. How long has the poet been reciting in Kirsha's cafe?
3. How long has Hamida been missing when Abbas returns?
4. What does Ibrahim Faraj say pimps are?
5. Why does Radwan Hussainy counsel Kirsha to be kind to those who envy him?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)