1. Why do the residents of the alley think they've been suffering during the war?
(a) Due to the wickedness of the British.
(b) Due to the malice of the gods.
(c) Due to their own wickedness.
(d) Due to random chance.
2. Why is Uncle Kamil unafraid of dying?
(a) He is in constant pain.
(b) He has led a sinless life.
(c) He wants to be reunited with his wife.
(d) His life is merely a prolonged sleep.
3. How does Sanker disrespect the old poet?
(a) He calls him names.
(b) He demands that he leave the restaurant.
(c) He ignores his order for coffee.
(d) He closes the door in his face.
4. How has Dr. Booshy earned his title?
(a) He studied dentistry abroad.
(b) He studied at the university in Cairo.
(c) He was apprenticed to a dentist.
(d) His patients call him "doctor."
5. Why do patients accept Dr. Booshy's painful cures?
(a) They believe he is the best.
(b) They believe pain is inescapable.
(c) They believe pain is the best healer.
(d) His fees are so low.
This section contains 5,367 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)