1. Why do the residents of the alley think they've been suffering during the war?
(a) Due to the wickedness of the British.
(b) Due to random chance.
(c) Due to their own wickedness.
(d) Due to the malice of the gods.
2. Why is Uncle Kamil unafraid of dying?
(a) He has led a sinless life.
(b) He wants to be reunited with his wife.
(c) His life is merely a prolonged sleep.
(d) He is in constant pain.
3. How does Sanker disrespect the old poet?
(a) He calls him names.
(b) He closes the door in his face.
(c) He demands that he leave the restaurant.
(d) He ignores his order for coffee.
4. How has Dr. Booshy earned his title?
(a) He studied at the university in Cairo.
(b) He was apprenticed to a dentist.
(c) His patients call him "doctor."
(d) He studied dentistry abroad.
5. Why do patients accept Dr. Booshy's painful cures?
(a) They believe pain is the best healer.
(b) They believe pain is inescapable.
(c) They believe he is the best.
(d) His fees are so low.
This section contains 5,367 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)