* Kirsha ousts the old poet from his cafe.
* Radwan Hussainy gives him money and comfort.
* The radio has replaced live recitations.
* Sheikh Darwish says that in English this means "history."
* Abbas plays a joke on gullible Uncle Kamil, telling him he has purchased a shroud for his burial.
* Sheika Darwish wanders into the night, homeless and unafraid.
* Mrs. Afify decides to hire a marriage broker, Umm Hamida.
* Umm Hamida contracts to find a husband for Mrs. Afify in exchange for free rent for the rest of her life.
* Hamida looks out at the alley from her window and observes Salim Alwan watching her.
* Uncle Kamil tries to convince Abbas to give him his shroud so he can sell it now.
* Husniya beats her husband with her slipper.
* While getting a haircut from Abbas, Hussain Kirsha brags of his successful career.
* Hussain Kirsha tries to convince Abbas...
This section contains 1,344 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)