Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-5 Abstract
* Kirsha ousts the old poet from his cafe.
* Radwan Hussainy gives him money and comfort.
* The radio has replaced live recitations.
* Sheikh Darwish says that in English this means "history."
Chapters 6-9 Abstract
* Abbas plays a joke on gullible Uncle Kamil, telling him he has purchased a shroud for his burial.
* Sheika Darwish...
This section contains 1,520 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)