|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schelling say is the result if aggregate behavior results from a small number of variables?
2. What does Schelling say is important in economics?
(c) Individual behavior.
(d) Natural laws.
3. In Schelling's analysis, what behavior governs the people filling the theater?
(b) Bunching behavior.
(d) Group aversion.
4. What does Schelling say about human desire?
(a) It is torn between irreconcilable desires for different states.
(b) It is torn within itself and it is split from its own language.
(c) It seeks mathematically-predictable levels of stability.
(d) It changes from childhood to teen years to adulthood.
5. What does Schelling say people feel in a "bounded-neighborhood" model?
(a) Trapped among people similar to themselves.
(b) Happy if members of another race do not outnumber them.
(c) Happy if they are the vast majority.
(d) Apprehensive about the future if there is a chance that other ethnicities might take over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Schelling say the success of society is evaluated?
2. What does Schelling say about discrimination?
3. What does Schelling say race discrimination can lead to?
4. What additional reason does Schelling give for the desire to sit in the back of a theater?
5. What does Schelling say the defines independent variable in a behavioral system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors influence how effective a proposition is, in Schelling's analysis?
2. Which U.S. presidents' decisions about nuclear weapons does Schelling describe?
3. What are the nine ways Schelling describes by which propositions can be constrained successfully?
4. What are the two important components of idealized models of integration and segregation, in Schelling's analysis?
5. What are discrete variables and continuous variables?
6. What aspect of the history of nuclear weapons does Schelling describe?
7. What is a self-fulfilling prophecy?
8. What is the lemons model?
9. What is the key factor in the critical-mass model?
10. In what way does Schelling say that individual and aggregate behavior are different?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)