|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Hockey Helmets, Daylight Saving, and Other Binary Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice does Schelling say eugenics gave parents?
(a) Whether to have a boy or a girl.
(b) Whether to keep a baby or not.
(c) Whether to emigrate.
(d) Whether to have a left-handed or right-handed baby.
2. What does Schelling say parents are most concerned with in the case of vaccination?
(a) The consequences of not being vaccinated.
(b) How often the vaccination services are available.
(c) Who else is vaccinating their children.
(d) The benefits of the vaccine.
3. What does Schelling say the simplest model of a closed system with a density enhancement contains?
(a) Future forecasting predictions.
(b) Population numbers and individual preferences.
(c) Micropopulation numbers and statistical projections.
(d) Population numbers and historical date.
4. What does Schelling say governs each decision?
(a) Longing and fear.
(b) Dread and awe.
(c) Preferences and goals.
(d) The collective unconscious.
5. What process does Schelling imagine parents choosing to undergo, in his hypothetical example?
(c) Community planning.
(d) Chromosome selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say is the key to predicting whether there will be a critical mass?
2. What natural phenomenon does Schelling compare the economy to?
3. Which example does Schelling say complicates the prospect of arriving at a definitive proposition?
4. What does Schelling say discrimination is?
5. What does Schelling say the presence of a small group of black students in a college student body does for any economic propositions about the behavior of that student body?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)