|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Hockey Helmets, Daylight Saving, and Other Binary Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does Schelling use as an example of discrimination?
(a) Individual and mass.
(b) American and European.
(c) Boys and girls.
(d) Fish and fowl.
2. What does Schelling say was seeking equilibrium as America's space industry interacted with the Russians'?
(a) The system of America's space agencies.
(b) The system of technical knowledge itself.
(c) The system of America's universities which produced scientists.
(d) The system of America's military defense industry.
3. How many distinct eggs does Schelling say a woman can produce?
(a) 8 million.
(b) 4 million.
(d) 1 million.
4. What is another trait does Schelling say parents might be able to choose?
(a) Skin color.
(c) Historical knowledge.
5. What does Schelling say about the frequency of pairs?
(a) Many phenomena occur in pairs.
(b) Pairs are common if your criteria are simple.
(c) Pairs are rare in nature but common in society.
(d) Pairs are a human construct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many distinct sperm does Schelling say a man can produce?
2. How does Schelling describe the Golden Gate Bridge?
3. What additional factors does Schelling say contribute to population preferences?
4. What does Schelling compare to the process of tracking the circulation of money in an economy?
5. What does Schelling say people feel in a "bounded-neighborhood" model?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)