|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Hockey Helmets, Daylight Saving, and Other Binary Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schelling say is the best use of sorting and mixing models?
(a) Free markets.
(b) Residence or membership.
(c) Population and food supply.
(d) Marriage and evolution.
2. What is the first thing Schelling says a social behavior model can be?
(a) A precise statement of a set of relationships.
(b) A flow chart.
(c) A hypothetical explanation of individual's motives.
(d) A form of accounting.
3. What example does Schelling use to illustrate decisions of the majority that can be known?
(a) Whether people are only children.
(b) What language people speak.
(c) How to dress for an office environment.
(d) Whether people are vaccinated.
4. What example from nature does Schelling contrapose to human decisions?
5. Why does Schelling say people tend to sit in the back of a theater?
(a) Because that's where the desirable people sit.
(b) Because they want to be able to leave.
(c) Because it is darker there.
(d) Because they are afraid of the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition would the population not be constrained by a mathematical identity after the youngest ten percent of a population moved away?
2. What does Schelling say would be at risk in a culture where parents preferred male children?
3. What does Schelling say Hardin based his research on?
4. What does Schelling say about Christmas cards?
5. Where do social scientists chart binary choices?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)