|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Choosing Our Children's Genes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Schelling say is essential to economic analysis?
(a) Profit and loss.
(c) Income and economic growth.
(d) Accounting statements.
2. What does Schelling say would be the consequence of a culture preferring male children?
(a) Shortage of workers.
(b) Shortage of soldiers.
(c) Shortage of wives.
(d) Influx of immigrants.
3. What does Schelling say about the underlying motivation for segregation?
(a) It is based in race or ethnic hatred.
(b) ItIt is inevitable.
(c) It can be fairly ordinary.
(d) It is necessary.
4. What example does Schelling use as an example of discrimination?
(a) Boys and girls.
(b) American and European.
(c) Fish and fowl.
(d) Individual and mass.
5. How does Schelling describe the Golden Gate Bridge?
(a) As a static equilibrium.
(b) As a semi-closed system.
(c) As a closed system.
(d) As an open system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schelling say would be the downside to chromosomal modification?
2. What choice does Schelling say eugenics gave parents?
3. What does Schelling say race discrimination can lead to?
4. How does Schelling describe the system of skiers going up a lift and coming down the trails?
5. What does Schelling say about segregation?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)