|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phoebe say Mick tried to get out of going to their great-grandmother's funeral?
2. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", what does Phoebe first see when she returns home from school?
3. What type of hat does Phoebe bring with her to the assembly?
4. Where does Phoebe say Mick's bow tie came from?
5. What does Phoebe say made Mick laugh during their great-grandmother's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zoe come over to Phoebe's house in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
2. Why is Phoebe confused about God in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
3. How does Phoebe rebel in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
4. Why does Phoebe bring a Mother's Day card with her to Mick's memorial service?
5. What is Mick's interment like?
6. Why does Mrs. Berryhill call Phoebe into her office in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
7. What does Phoebe do at the bike safety assembly?
8. What does Phoebe say about the dangerous intersection in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
9. When Phoebe changes her mind about taking part in the bike safety assembly, what does she compare it to?
10. Why does Phoebe enjoy hearing people laugh at Mick's memorial service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of grief and the grieving process in "Mick Harte Was Here". Consider the ways the characters grieve and compare and contrast their methods and process. What does this novel reveal about grief?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of guilt in "Mick Harte Was Here". Consider Phoebe's guilt, along with the guilt of other characters. How does guilt motivate? How does guilt drive the plot? How is guilt resolved in the end of this novel? What does the author reveal about guilt?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the parallels the author draws in "Mick Harte Was Here". How are Wocket and Mick developed in this way? How does the past parallel the present? What is the effect of this technique?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)