|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of funeral service does Phoebe's mother say she wants?
(a) A quiet ceremony.
(b) A parade.
(c) A private burial.
(d) A traditional service.
2. How does Phoebe present her brother's bike helmet to the people at the assembly?
(a) She has someone else present it.
(b) She drops it on the floor.
(c) She wears it herself.
(d) She leaves it in the box at first.
3. What type of luck does Phoebe say she pressed in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
(a) Not wearing a bike helmet.
(b) Not waiting to cross the street.
(c) Not wearing shin guards.
(d) Not using sun block.
4. Who says you do "God stuff" in heaven?
(a) Phoebe's father.
(c) Phoebe's mother.
5. How old does Phoebe say Mick was when their parents bought him a bike helmet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe show everyone at Mick's memorial service?
2. What does Phoebe say made Mick sweat during their great-grandmother's funeral?
3. What does Phoebe call the boy who refers to her brother as "the dead kid"?
4. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what emotion does Phoebe wish Mick will never feel in the afterlife?
5. Who does Phoebe see first in her dream in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nana help Phoebe's family begin eating in the kitchen again?
2. When Phoebe changes her mind about taking part in the bike safety assembly, what does she compare it to?
3. Why does Mrs. Berryhill call Phoebe into her office in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
4. What does Phoebe say to the mail carrier in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
5. What does Zoe tell Phoebe in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano" that makes Phoebe feel better about Mick after his death?
6. What does Phoebe dream in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
7. How does Phoebe react when she is first asked to take part in the bike safety assembly?
8. Why does Phoebe enjoy hearing people laugh at Mick's memorial service?
9. What does Phoebe do at the bike safety assembly?
10. What makes Mick decide to be cremated?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)