|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Getting a Grip", what does Phoebe say Mick told their father about his dignity?
(a) The he wasn't sure what it was.
(b) That he wasn't handling it.
(c) That he had misplaced it.
(d) That he was trying his best to use it.
2. Why does Phoebe cover up her laughter in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven" after she wakes up from her dream?
(a) She knows there isn't anything funny going on.
(b) She doesn't cover her laugh.
(c) She is in a quiet place.
(d) She doesn't want to upset her mother.
3. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what emotion does Phoebe wish Mick will never feel in the afterlife?
4. What does Phoebe say when she shows Mick's helmet to the people at the assembly?
(a) She doesn't say anything.
(b) That she knows everyone has one, too.
(c) That this could have saved Mick's life.
(d) That Mick thought it made him look like a dork.
5. When does Phoebe call Zoe for a second time in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) After her mother falls asleep.
(b) Before school starts.
(c) After midnight.
(d) Around noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe's family do while driving to Mick's memorial service?
2. What does Phoebe first show the audience at the assembly?
3. What does Phoebe tell the flower delivery person in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
4. Where does Phoebe lie down after returning home from school in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
5. Why does Phoebe ask Zoe where Mick is in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Phoebe and her friends when she first returns to school after Mick's death?
2. How does Phoebe feel about returning to school after Mick's death?
3. When Phoebe changes her mind about taking part in the bike safety assembly, what does she compare it to?
4. How does Phoebe feel before attending Mick's memorial service?
5. What does Zoe tell Phoebe in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano" that makes Phoebe feel better about Mick after his death?
6. What does Phoebe say about the dangerous intersection in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
7. Why does Mrs. Berryhill call Phoebe into her office in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
8. Why does talking to Mrs. Berryhill upset Phoebe in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
9. What does Phoebe's father say about the dangerous intersection in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
10. Why does Phoebe bring a Mother's Day card with her to Mick's memorial service?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)