|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoebe compare her father to in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) A fool.
(b) A slob.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A monster.
2. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what does Phoebe remember Mick putting in the mail box?
(a) A bunch of rocks.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A jar of flies.
(d) A plastic snake.
3. What does Phoebe compare her mother to in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) A zombie.
(b) A fool.
(c) A slob.
(d) A monster.
4. What does Phoebe say when she shows Mick's helmet to the people at the assembly?
(a) That she knows everyone has one, too.
(b) She doesn't say anything.
(c) That Mick thought it made him look like a dork.
(d) That this could have saved Mick's life.
5. What type of hat does Phoebe remember her great-grandmother wearing during her funeral?
(a) A black hat.
(b) She didn't wear a hat.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A cowboy hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe do when she is asked to take part in the assembly?
2. Who does Phoebe see first in her dream in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
3. What happens to Phoebe when she hears someone call her brother "the dead kid" at school?
4. What bothers Phoebe about Mick's urn?
5. Why does Phoebe say her father mentioned leading a horse to water in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Phoebe bring a Mother's Day card with her to Mick's memorial service?
2. What happens between Phoebe's family during the car ride to Mick's memorial service?
3. What does Phoebe's father say about the dangerous intersection in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
4. Why does Zoe call someone a moron in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
5. How does Phoebe rebel in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
6. What does the school janitor say at Mick's memorial service?
7. Why does talking to Mrs. Berryhill upset Phoebe in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
8. Why is Phoebe confused about God in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
9. When Phoebe changes her mind about taking part in the bike safety assembly, what does she compare it to?
10. How does Phoebe react when she is first asked to take part in the bike safety assembly?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)