|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoebe describe in the beginning of "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
(a) A meeting at school.
(b) How to wear a bike helmet.
(c) The smell of a new car.
(d) A dangerous intersection.
2. What does Nana serve for dinner in "Dogs Can Laugh at Heaven"?
(a) Grilled cheese.
(d) Pot pie.
3. What type of hat does Phoebe bring with her to the assembly?
(a) She doesn't bring a hat with her.
(b) A hat in the shape of a fish.
(c) A hat with fake hair attached.
(d) A hat the glows in the dark.
4. How does the audience at the assembly react to the first half of Phoebe's speech?
(a) They think it is confusing.
(b) They think it is boring.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They think it is sad.
5. What does Phoebe's family do while driving to Mick's memorial service?
(a) They sing songs.
(b) They sit in silence.
(c) They hold hands.
(d) They wave their hands out the windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zoe react when Phoebe calls her for the first time in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
2. Why does Phoebe touch her mother's hair in "Getting a Grip"?
3. Where does Phoebe say Mick's bow tie came from?
4. Who else will be part of the assembly Phoebe is asked to join in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
5. Why does Phoebe think she dreamed about Mrs. Berryhill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phoebe dream in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
2. What does Zoe tell Phoebe in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano" that makes Phoebe feel better about Mick after his death?
3. What does Phoebe do at the bike safety assembly?
4. What happens to Phoebe and her friends when she first returns to school after Mick's death?
5. How does Phoebe feel about returning to school after Mick's death?
6. What happens between Phoebe's family during the car ride to Mick's memorial service?
7. Why does Zoe call someone a moron in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
8. What is Mick's interment like?
9. When Phoebe changes her mind about taking part in the bike safety assembly, what does she compare it to?
10. What does Phoebe's father say about the dangerous intersection in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)