|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week is Mick's memorial service?
2. Who said that Phoebe "tends to be very rebellious at times"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her first grade teacher.
(c) Zoe's mother.
3. What happens to Phoebe when she hears someone call her brother "the dead kid" at school?
(a) Her face turns red.
(b) She cries.
(c) She vomits.
(d) Her blood runs cold.
4. In "Getting a Grip", what does Phoebe say Mick told their father about his dignity?
(a) The he wasn't sure what it was.
(b) That he was trying his best to use it.
(c) That he had misplaced it.
(d) That he wasn't handling it.
5. Why does Phoebe think she dreamed about Mrs. Berryhill?
(a) Because she dislikes her.
(b) Phoebe didn't dream about Mrs. Berryhill.
(c) Because she likes her.
(d) Because they talked about Mick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Getting a Grip", who remembers when Mick said that music "got into his pants"?
2. What does Eileen do when she sees Phoebe return to school after Mick's death?
3. What does Phoebe compare her father to in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
4. What does Phoebe remember Mick saying he wished he could have taught their great-grandmother?
5. What does Phoebe show everyone at Mick's memorial service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zoe tell Phoebe in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano" that makes Phoebe feel better about Mick after his death?
2. How does Phoebe feel about returning to school after Mick's death?
3. Why does Zoe come over to Phoebe's house in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
4. How does Phoebe react when she is first asked to take part in the bike safety assembly?
5. What does Phoebe say about the dangerous intersection in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
6. Why does Mrs. Berryhill call Phoebe into her office in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
7. Why does Zoe call someone a moron in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
8. What does Phoebe dream in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
9. Why does Phoebe bring a Mother's Day card with her to Mick's memorial service?
10. What happens to Phoebe and her friends when she first returns to school after Mick's death?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)