|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Phoebe returns home after learning Mick has died, what does she see that gives her chills?
(a) Her dark house.
(b) A tree branch waving.
(c) A light coming from Mick's room.
(d) Her bedroom door shutting on its own.
2. In "The Serengeti Sucks", what do Phoebe's neighbors do after Mick's death?
(a) They clean Phoebe's house.
(b) They ignore Phoebe's family.
(c) They send cards.
(d) They bring food.
3. What does Phoebe say when she is told Mick was in an accident?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) I don't believe you.
(c) It's not true.
(d) I know.
4. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why does Phoebe not tell her father to come to the door when guests arrive?
(a) Because he was sleeping.
(b) Because of how he looks.
(c) Because he asked her to leave him alone.
(d) Because she didn't like the guests.
5. Why does Phoebe mention HBO in "Sirens"?
(a) To talk to Zoe about a television movie.
(b) To prove to Mick that she is right.
(c) To convince her parents to get cable.
(d) To explain where she heard a swear word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zoe tell Phoebe about the meeting with the grief counselor?
2. In "Sirens", how long does Phoebe say Mick will probably be mad at her for?
3. Who tells Phoebe that Mick was in an accident?
4. According to Phoebe, why was Mick so upset when he saw his christening gown?
5. In "Treasures", what does Phoebe say feels disloyal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Phoebe say many girls have crushes on Mick in "Sirens"?
2. What does Phoebe do first when she goes home after learning of Mick's death?
3. How does Phoebe describe the role of nature in death in "The Serengeti Sucks"?
4. What happens when Phoebe and her father watch a show about the Serengeti?
5. Why do Phoebe and Mick have a written out schedule for their mornings?
6. Why is the cigar in Mick's room funny to Phoebe?
7. In "Treasures", what happens when Zoe calls Phoebe?
8. How does Phoebe's dad react to the argument in "Mick"?
9. In "Mick", what is the first big "caper" Phoebe describes?
10. When Phoebe looks into Mick's room in "Treasures", what things does she see?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)