|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phoebe feel when she first hears her father cry after Mick's death?
(a) She doesn't hear her father cry.
(b) She hates the sound.
(c) She is confused by the sound.
(d) She is haunted by the sound.
2. What does Phoebe say when she is told Mick was in an accident?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) I don't believe you.
(c) It's not true.
(d) I know.
3. What does Phoebe say caused Mick to lose control of his bike the day he died?
(a) Someone yelled at him.
(b) He was riding too fast.
(c) His tire hit a rock.
(d) He was too tired to be riding.
4. What does Phoebe do after fighting with Mick in the kitchen?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Shoves him into the refrigerator.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Starts crying.
5. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why does Phoebe say Mick treated Wocket like a friend more than a pet?
(a) Because he described the dog's feelings.
(b) Because he shared his bed with the dog.
(c) Because he dressed the dog up in shoes.
(d) Because he talked to the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe say Mick named Helen?
2. Why does Phoebe say her mother created a schedule for her and Mick?
3. What does Phoebe say to Mick after he asks her to ride his bike in "Sirens"?
4. How does Phoebe describe the name she called Mick the morning before he died?
5. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why doesn't Phoebe look at pictures of Mick?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Serengeti Sucks", what does Phoebe say she realizes about her family?
2. Why does Phoebe wonder if Mick can hear her in "Treasures"?
3. In "Treasures", what happens when Zoe calls Phoebe?
4. How does Phoebe initially introduce her brother to the reader?
5. Why is the cigar in Mick's room funny to Phoebe?
6. When Phoebe looks into Mick's room in "Treasures", what things does she see?
7. Why do Phoebe and Mick have a written out schedule for their mornings?
8. Why doesn't Phoebe like riding her bike to school?
9. What do Mick and Phoebe argue about the morning of Mick's death?
10. Why does Phoebe say Mick went through a period of wearing camouflage pants?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)