|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoebe say she thought of funeral arrangements before her brother's death?
(a) That they took up a lot of time.
(b) That someone else made them.
(c) That the church took care of it all.
(d) That the funeral home took care of it all.
2. In "Sirens", what does Phoebe compare hearing about Mick's accident to?
(a) A movie.
(b) A television show.
(c) A book.
(d) A play.
3. In "Sirens", why can't Phoebe ride Mick's bike home?
(a) She has soccer practice.
(b) She is still angry at Mick.
(c) She has a detention.
(d) She is getting a ride with a friend.
4. Why does Phoebe say she was never close to Wocket?
(a) She chewed Phoebe's Barbie doll.
(b) She tore Phoebe's new dress.
(c) She smelled funny.
(d) Mick liked her better.
5. What does Phoebe say Mick named Helen?
(a) A book.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mick's death, when does Phoebe's mother start going to bed?
2. Why does Phoebe mention HBO in "Sirens"?
3. Why does Zoe tell Phoebe about the meeting with the grief counselor?
4. Why does Phoebe get goosebumps in "Treasures"?
5. What does Phoebe say MFU stood for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Sirens", what happens at Phoebe's soccer practice?
2. Why is the cigar in Mick's room funny to Phoebe?
3. What does Phoebe do first when she goes home after learning of Mick's death?
4. What is Phoebe's mother's schedule like following Mick's death?
5. Why does Phoebe hang up on some people when they call after Mick's death?
6. How does Phoebe compare her grieving process to Mick's grieving after Wocket's death?
7. How does Phoebe describe Mick's relationship with flies?
8. When Phoebe goes to Zoe's house in "Sirens", how does she comfort herself?
9. How does Phoebe react when she sees Mick's bike in the street in "Sirens"?
10. When Phoebe looks into Mick's room in "Treasures", what things does she see?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)