|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoebe tell the flower delivery person in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) About Mick's favorite flower.
(b) About snakes and mice.
(d) About Mick's hatred of flowers.
2. Who does Mrs. Berryhill want Phoebe to meet with?
(a) Someone from the city counsel.
(b) Someone from the PTA.
(c) A support group.
(d) A grief counselor.
3. Why does Phoebe touch her mother's hair in "Getting a Grip"?
(a) Because she asks Phoebe to fix it.
(b) Because it looks soft.
(c) Because it is messy.
(d) Because it has turned gray.
4. What does Phoebe call the boy who refers to her brother as "the dead kid"?
(a) A fool.
(b) A moron.
(c) A creep.
(d) A dead kid himself.
5. What takes up the most time at Mick's memorial service?
(a) Singing funeral hymns.
(b) Stories about Mick.
(c) Getting people to the right seats.
(d) Prayers for Mick.
6. In "Getting a Grip", what does Phoebe say Mick told their father about his dignity?
(a) That he was trying his best to use it.
(b) The he wasn't sure what it was.
(c) That he wasn't handling it.
(d) That he had misplaced it.
7. What does Phoebe do when she is asked to take part in the assembly?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She smiles.
(c) She says she can't.
(d) She asks about the details.
8. What does Phoebe say she hates in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her tears.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her family of three.
9. What type of funeral service does Phoebe's mother say she wants?
(a) A quiet ceremony.
(b) A parade.
(c) A traditional service.
(d) A private burial.
10. Why does Phoebe think she dreamed about Mrs. Berryhill?
(a) Because she dislikes her.
(b) Because she likes her.
(c) Phoebe didn't dream about Mrs. Berryhill.
(d) Because they talked about Mick.
11. What does Phoebe say made Mick sweat during their great-grandmother's funeral?
(a) His heavy suit.
(b) A fever he started to run.
(c) Seeing her in the casket.
(d) The heat in the church.
12. Why does Phoebe say the "woman didn't have a clue" in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
(a) Because she didn't understand Phoebe's feelings.
(b) Because she misunderstood Phoebe.
(c) Because she didn't know about Mick's death.
(d) Because she smiled too much.
13. What bothers Phoebe about Mick's urn?
(a) The weight of it.
(b) The color of it.
(c) The shape of it.
(d) The size of it.
14. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what does Phoebe remember Mick putting in the mail box?
(a) An old shoe.
(b) A bunch of rocks.
(c) A jar of flies.
(d) A plastic snake.
15. Why does Phoebe cover up her laughter in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven" after she wakes up from her dream?
(a) She is in a quiet place.
(b) She doesn't cover her laugh.
(c) She knows there isn't anything funny going on.
(d) She doesn't want to upset her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe say her father snapped his fingers at Mick in "Getting a Grip"?
2. Why does Zoe believe that Mick is everywhere?
3. How does Phoebe say Mick tried to get out of going to their great-grandmother's funeral?
4. In "Common Sense and Good Judgment", what does Phoebe remember arguing about with Mick?
5. What does Phoebe say happens when she walks into her classroom in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)