|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phoebe describe herself when she returns to school after Mick's death?
2. Who else will be part of the assembly Phoebe is asked to join in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
(a) Police officers.
(d) Bike manufacturers.
3. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", what does Phoebe first see when she returns home from school?
(a) Mick's collection of rocks.
(b) Her mother crying.
(c) Her father's pants.
(d) Nana on the phone.
4. What type of funeral service does Phoebe's mother say she wants?
(a) A private burial.
(b) A parade.
(c) A traditional service.
(d) A quiet ceremony.
5. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", what does Phoebe say she thinks going to class will be like?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) A good way to pass the time.
(c) Mick's memorial service.
(d) Unimportant and boring.
6. What emotion does Phoebe say took over Mick's memorial service?
7. What does Phoebe say happens when she walks into her classroom in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
(a) Everyone gets quiet.
(b) People clap.
(c) Everyone says they are sorry.
(d) No one looks at her.
8. What does Phoebe say she hates in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) Her family of three.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her tears.
(d) Her friends.
9. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", why does Phoebe begin talking about Mick to everyone?
(a) To upset her mother.
(b) To remember him.
(c) To make her father happy.
(d) To begin to feel better.
10. In "Common Sense and Good Judgment", what does Phoebe remember arguing about with Mick?
(a) Borrowing each other's bikes.
(b) A movie.
(c) Using the phone.
(d) The Three Stooges.
11. Why does Phoebe become angry with her friends at lunch in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
(a) Because they won't talk about Mick.
(b) Because they keep telling stories about Mick.
(c) Because they don't look at her.
(d) Because they sit somewhere else.
12. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", who does Phoebe think is waking her up?
(a) Her mother.
13. Why does Phoebe think what Amy said to her at lunch in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven" was stupid?
(a) Amy is too afraid to say anything.
(b) Because it was about her mother.
(c) Because she said it wrong.
(d) Because it was mean toward Mick.
14. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", what does Zoe tell Phoebe to do after lunch?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Go home.
(c) Skip class with her.
(d) See the counselor.
15. In "Getting a Grip", what does Phoebe say Mick told their father about his dignity?
(a) That he had misplaced it.
(b) That he wasn't handling it.
(c) The he wasn't sure what it was.
(d) That he was trying his best to use it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Getting a Grip", what does Phoebe say people call someone after they die?
2. How does Phoebe summarize her grandmothers' ideas about Mick's death?
3. What does Phoebe remember Mick saying he wished he could have taught their great-grandmother?
4. Why does Phoebe cover up her laughter in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven" after she wakes up from her dream?
5. What does Mrs. Berryhill say to Phoebe in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven" that upsets her?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)