|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoebe's stomach fill with butterflies in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) Because her grandmother calls.
(b) Because she wants to go back to school.
(c) Because she understands God.
(d) Because she thinks Mick can hear her.
2. What day of the week is Mick's memorial service?
3. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what does Phoebe remember Mick putting in the mail box?
(a) A plastic snake.
(b) A jar of flies.
(c) A bunch of rocks.
(d) An old shoe.
4. Who says you do "God stuff" in heaven?
(b) Phoebe's mother.
(d) Phoebe's father.
5. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", what does Phoebe first see when she returns home from school?
(a) Nana on the phone.
(b) Her father's pants.
(c) Her mother crying.
(d) Mick's collection of rocks.
6. What does Phoebe say happens when she walks into her classroom in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
(a) People clap.
(b) No one looks at her.
(c) Everyone says they are sorry.
(d) Everyone gets quiet.
7. What does Phoebe first show the audience at the assembly?
(a) A bow tie.
(b) A hat.
(c) A pair of sockets.
(d) A bike helmet.
8. What does Phoebe call the boy who refers to her brother as "the dead kid"?
(a) A fool.
(b) A moron.
(c) A dead kid himself.
(d) A creep.
9. What does Phoebe do when she is asked to take part in the assembly?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She smiles.
(c) She asks about the details.
(d) She says she can't.
10. What type of hat does Phoebe bring with her to the assembly?
(a) A hat with fake hair attached.
(b) A hat the glows in the dark.
(c) She doesn't bring a hat with her.
(d) A hat in the shape of a fish.
11. What bothers Phoebe about Mick's urn?
(a) The shape of it.
(b) The color of it.
(c) The weight of it.
(d) The size of it.
12. Who said that Phoebe "tends to be very rebellious at times"?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Zoe's mother.
(d) Her first grade teacher.
13. What does Eileen do when she sees Phoebe return to school after Mick's death?
(a) She laughs at Phoebe.
(b) She hugs Phoebe.
(c) She ignores Phoebe.
(d) She stares at Phoebe.
14. Who does Phoebe see first in her dream in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
(b) Mrs. Berryhill.
(d) Her mother.
15. What does Phoebe say made Mick sweat during their great-grandmother's funeral?
(a) The heat in the church.
(b) His heavy suit.
(c) Seeing her in the casket.
(d) A fever he started to run.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", why does Phoebe begin talking about Mick to everyone?
2. What does Phoebe say when she shows Mick's helmet to the people at the assembly?
3. How does the audience at the assembly react to the first half of Phoebe's speech?
4. In "Getting a Grip", what does Phoebe say people call someone after they die?
5. How does Phoebe say Mick tried to get out of going to their great-grandmother's funeral?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)