|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what emotion does Phoebe wish Mick will never feel in the afterlife?
2. In "Getting a Grip", what does Phoebe say Mick told their father about his dignity?
(a) That he wasn't handling it.
(b) That he was trying his best to use it.
(c) The he wasn't sure what it was.
(d) That he had misplaced it.
3. What does Mrs. Berryhill say to Phoebe in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven" that upsets her?
(a) She says Mick is still with her.
(b) She refers to death as a loss.
(c) She says she feels Phoebe's pain.
(d) She says Phoebe should go home.
4. What type of funeral service does Phoebe's mother say she wants?
(a) A traditional service.
(b) A quiet ceremony.
(c) A parade.
(d) A private burial.
5. Why does Phoebe talk at Mick's memorial service?
(a) Because she really wants to.
(b) Because the crowd asks her to.
(c) Because she promised Mick.
(d) Because her parents don't want to.
6. Why do some of the kids in the audience of the assembly begin moving forward and craning their necks?
(a) To see what happened to the policeman.
(b) To see what Phoebe has in her bag.
(c) To see how Phoebe will start her speech.
(d) To see what fell of the stage.
7. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", what does Zoe tell Phoebe to do after lunch?
(a) See the counselor.
(b) Tell a joke.
(c) Skip class with her.
(d) Go home.
8. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", what does Phoebe say she thinks going to class will be like?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Mick's memorial service.
(c) Unimportant and boring.
(d) A good way to pass the time.
9. What type of hat does Phoebe bring with her to the assembly?
(a) A hat in the shape of a fish.
(b) A hat the glows in the dark.
(c) A hat with fake hair attached.
(d) She doesn't bring a hat with her.
10. What does Eileen do when she sees Phoebe return to school after Mick's death?
(a) She hugs Phoebe.
(b) She ignores Phoebe.
(c) She stares at Phoebe.
(d) She laughs at Phoebe.
11. Why does Phoebe say the "woman didn't have a clue" in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
(a) Because she didn't understand Phoebe's feelings.
(b) Because she misunderstood Phoebe.
(c) Because she didn't know about Mick's death.
(d) Because she smiled too much.
12. What emotion does Phoebe say took over Mick's memorial service?
13. Where does Phoebe lie down after returning home from school in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
(a) Her parent's bed.
(b) Mick's bed.
(c) Her bed.
(d) The couch.
14. Why does Phoebe think what Amy said to her at lunch in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven" was stupid?
(a) Amy is too afraid to say anything.
(b) Because it was about her mother.
(c) Because it was mean toward Mick.
(d) Because she said it wrong.
15. Who else will be part of the assembly Phoebe is asked to join in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
(b) Police officers.
(c) Bike manufacturers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phoebe see first in her dream in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
2. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what does Phoebe remember Mick putting in the mail box?
3. What does Phoebe call the boy who refers to her brother as "the dead kid"?
4. What does Phoebe remember Mick saying he wished he could have taught their great-grandmother?
5. What does Phoebe say she hates in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)