|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoebe say made Mick sweat during their great-grandmother's funeral?
(a) Seeing her in the casket.
(b) A fever he started to run.
(c) The heat in the church.
(d) His heavy suit.
2. How old does Phoebe say Mick was when their parents bought him a bike helmet?
3. In "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven", who does Phoebe think is waking her up?
(c) Her mother.
4. What day of the week is Mick's memorial service?
5. Who says you do "God stuff" in heaven?
(a) Phoebe's mother.
(d) Phoebe's father.
6. What does Phoebe remember Mick saying he wished he could have taught their great-grandmother?
(a) Video games.
(b) Dance moves.
(d) How to use a TV remote.
7. Why does Phoebe say her father snapped his fingers at Mick in "Getting a Grip"?
(a) To confuse him.
(b) To help him keep beat to a song.
(c) To tease him.
(d) To get his attention.
8. Who said that Phoebe "tends to be very rebellious at times"?
(a) Her first grade teacher.
(b) Zoe's mother.
(d) Her mother.
9. What does Phoebe call the boy who refers to her brother as "the dead kid"?
(a) A moron.
(b) A creep.
(c) A dead kid himself.
(d) A fool.
10. What does Phoebe compare her mother to in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) A slob.
(b) A monster.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A fool.
11. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what emotion does Phoebe wish Mick will never feel in the afterlife?
12. How does Zoe react when Phoebe calls her for the first time in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) She is ready to help Phoebe.
(b) She keeps interrupting Phoebe.
(c) She cries.
(d) She hangs up on Phoebe.
13. Why does Phoebe become angry with her friends at lunch in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
(a) Because they sit somewhere else.
(b) Because they don't look at her.
(c) Because they won't talk about Mick.
(d) Because they keep telling stories about Mick.
14. What does Eileen do when she sees Phoebe return to school after Mick's death?
(a) She hugs Phoebe.
(b) She stares at Phoebe.
(c) She laughs at Phoebe.
(d) She ignores Phoebe.
15. What does Phoebe say she hates in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her tears.
(d) Her family of three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe put in her hair before her brother's memorial service?
2. Why does Phoebe touch her mother's hair in "Getting a Grip"?
3. How does the audience at the assembly react to the first half of Phoebe's speech?
4. What type of luck does Phoebe say she pressed in "Common Sense and Good Judgment"?
5. Where does Phoebe lie down after returning home from school in "Dogs Can Laugh in Heaven"?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)