|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Phoebe say Mick was when he saw his christening gown?
2. In "Mick", why doesn't Phoebe want to give the cereal box to Mick?
(a) Because there was a prize inside.
(b) Because it wasn't his turn.
(c) Because there was only a little left.
(d) She wanted to give him the box.
3. What does Phoebe ask her mother about Mick in "Treasures"?
(a) If he can hear them.
(b) If he will see them again.
(c) If he can see them.
(d) If he left her anything.
4. What is Phoebe doing when she hears the ambulance sirens?
(d) Talking with a friend.
5. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why does Phoebe not tell her father to come to the door when guests arrive?
(a) Because he was sleeping.
(b) Because she didn't like the guests.
(c) Because of how he looks.
(d) Because he asked her to leave him alone.
6. Where does Phoebe run to in "Treasures"?
(a) To Zoe's house.
(b) To where Mick's accident happened.
(c) To school.
(d) To a lawn chair in the backyard.
7. What does Phoebe's father do when he catches Phoebe and Mick fighting?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He crosses his arms.
(c) He takes a picture.
(d) He yells at them.
8. In "Treasures", why doesn't Phoebe have much to say to Zoe?
(a) She doesn't want to think about school.
(b) She hasn't spoken to Zoe in weeks.
(c) She doesn't feel like gossiping.
(d) She just wants to be alone.
9. In "Mick", what does Phoebe say the purpose of her narrating this novel is?
(a) To make sure she remembers her brother.
(b) To let the reader get to know Mick.
(c) She isn't sure why she is narrating the story.
(d) To teach people about wearing helmets.
10. In "Sirens", what does Phoebe say Mick once wore to Sunday school for a year?
(a) A motorcycle shirt.
(b) His father's ties.
(c) A helmet.
(d) A pair of overalls.
11. Why doesn't Mick give Phoebe the pirate tattoo?
(a) Because he says it's for a boy.
(b) Because she doesn't say please nicely enough.
(c) Because it is his turn to get the tattoo.
(d) Because he pretends like he can't hear her ask for it.
12. What does Mick do after his father catches him fighting with Phoebe?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He pretends like they are playing.
(c) He gives his dad the tattoo.
(d) He gives Phoebe the tattoo.
13. How does Phoebe get home in "Sirens"?
(a) The principal gives her a ride.
(b) Zoe's mother gives her a ride.
(c) She walks.
(d) She rides bikes with Zoe.
14. In "Sirens", what does Phoebe do instead of crying?
(a) She plugs her ears.
(b) She focuses on small details.
(c) She pretends to be an actress.
(d) She repeats the lyrics to songs.
15. According to Phoebe, why was Mick so upset when he saw his christening gown?
(a) Because he didn't want to be a baby.
(b) Because he couldn't remember wearing it.
(c) Because it had pink bows on it.
(d) Because it looked like a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phoebe feel when she first hears her father cry after Mick's death?
2. Why does Phoebe say her stomach started to "churn" while watching the ambulance?
3. What does Phoebe say Mick did after Wocket's death?
4. How does Phoebe describe the name she called Mick the morning before he died?
5. What does Phoebe do when she sees Mick's bike in the gutter?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)