|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why does the doctor give Phoebe's mother a pill?
(a) To relax her muscles.
(b) To keep her nourished.
(c) To give her energy.
(d) To help her sleep.
2. How old does Phoebe say Mick was when he saw his christening gown?
3. After Mick's death, when does Phoebe's mother start going to bed?
(a) 11 pm.
(b) 7 pm.
(c) 6 pm.
(d) 10 pm.
4. What does Phoebe ask her mother about Mick in "Treasures"?
(a) If he can see them.
(b) If he will see them again.
(c) If he left her anything.
(d) If he can hear them.
5. In "Sirens", why does Mick want Phoebe to ride his bike home?
(a) He wants to share his bike with her.
(b) He has a detention.
(c) He is getting a ride to a friend's house.
(d) He has soccer practice.
6. In "Mick", why doesn't Phoebe want to give the cereal box to Mick?
(a) She wanted to give him the box.
(b) Because it wasn't his turn.
(c) Because there was a prize inside.
(d) Because there was only a little left.
7. What does Phoebe's father do when he catches Phoebe and Mick fighting?
(a) He yells at them.
(b) He takes a picture.
(c) He crosses his arms.
(d) He leaves the room.
8. Why does Phoebe say her mother created a schedule for her and Mick?
(a) To help them finish their homework.
(b) To make sure the house was clean.
(c) To keep track of where they were after school.
(d) To help them avoid fighting.
9. In "Sirens", what does Phoebe do instead of crying?
(a) She focuses on small details.
(b) She pretends to be an actress.
(c) She repeats the lyrics to songs.
(d) She plugs her ears.
10. In "The Serengeti Sucks", what do Phoebe's neighbors do after Mick's death?
(a) They clean Phoebe's house.
(b) They send cards.
(c) They bring food.
(d) They ignore Phoebe's family.
11. Where does Phoebe see pictures of Wocket in Mick's room?
(a) On his closet door.
(b) Next to his bed.
(c) Around his mirror.
(d) Under his bed.
12. What does Phoebe say to Mick after he asks her to ride his bike in "Sirens"?
(a) You'll figure it out.
(b) It's alright.
(c) It's not a big deal.
(d) You'll be fine.
13. In "Treasures", what does Phoebe say feels disloyal?
(a) Feeling better.
(b) Being alive.
(c) Going back to school.
(d) Speaking with a counselor.
14. What does Phoebe see that makes her cry in "Treasures"?
(a) A postcard.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A flower.
(d) A photograph.
15. In "Mick", what does Phoebe say the purpose of her narrating this novel is?
(a) She isn't sure why she is narrating the story.
(b) To make sure she remembers her brother.
(c) To teach people about wearing helmets.
(d) To let the reader get to know Mick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mick", what does Phoebe say is weird about the way Mick talks?
2. What does Phoebe say Mick named Helen?
3. Why doesn't Mick give Phoebe the pirate tattoo?
4. Why does Phoebe hang up on Zoe in "Treasures"?
5. After Wocket's death, what does Phoebe remember Mick worrying about?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)