|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hat does Phoebe say Mick used to put on Wocket?
2. What does Phoebe say she thought of funeral arrangements before her brother's death?
(a) That the church took care of it all.
(b) That someone else made them.
(c) That they took up a lot of time.
(d) That the funeral home took care of it all.
3. How does Phoebe feel when she first hears her father cry after Mick's death?
(a) She doesn't hear her father cry.
(b) She is confused by the sound.
(c) She hates the sound.
(d) She is haunted by the sound.
4. Where does Phoebe's mother work?
(a) A library.
(b) From home.
(c) A research lab.
(d) A school.
5. What does Phoebe do when she sees Mick's bike in the gutter?
(a) She cries.
(b) She prays.
(c) She runs over to it.
(d) She closes her eyes.
6. How does Phoebe feel about the pirate tattoo in "Mick"?
(a) She doesn't get a chance to see it.
(b) She isn't sure if she likes it or not.
(c) She likes it a lot.
(d) She doesn't like it.
7. In "Sirens", why can't Phoebe ride Mick's bike home?
(a) She is still angry at Mick.
(b) She has soccer practice.
(c) She has a detention.
(d) She is getting a ride with a friend.
8. In "The Serengeti Sucks", what do Phoebe's neighbors do after Mick's death?
(a) They ignore Phoebe's family.
(b) They clean Phoebe's house.
(c) They bring food.
(d) They send cards.
9. Why does Phoebe say her stomach started to "churn" while watching the ambulance?
(a) Because the sound of the sirens was loud.
(b) Because it stopped in front of the soccer field.
(c) Because it turned the corner by her school.
(d) Because she knew someone was hurt.
10. Who yells at Phoebe's father when he leaves the kitchen angry in "Mick"?
(a) Phoebe's mother.
(d) No one.
11. Why does Phoebe say she was never close to Wocket?
(a) She tore Phoebe's new dress.
(b) She smelled funny.
(c) Mick liked her better.
(d) She chewed Phoebe's Barbie doll.
12. After Wocket's death, what does Phoebe remember Mick worrying about?
(a) Being able to sleep.
(b) Loving a new dog.
(c) Forgetting Wocket.
(d) Being alone.
13. What type of books were Mick's favorites?
(a) Sports books.
(b) History books.
(c) Comic books.
(d) Joke books.
14. What does Phoebe say to Mick after he asks her to ride his bike in "Sirens"?
(a) You'll be fine.
(b) It's alright.
(c) It's not a big deal.
(d) You'll figure it out.
15. In "Mick", how long does Phoebe say it has been since Mick died?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why doesn't Phoebe look at pictures of Mick?
2. Who tells Phoebe that Mick was in an accident?
3. Why doesn't Phoebe want to watch the ambulance in "Sirens"?
4. Where does Phoebe's mother go when she goes outside in "Treasures"?
5. Who says "The Serengeti sucks"?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)