|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Sirens", why does Mick want Phoebe to ride his bike home?
(a) He has a detention.
(b) He wants to share his bike with her.
(c) He has soccer practice.
(d) He is getting a ride to a friend's house.
2. In "Sirens", what does Phoebe compare hearing about Mick's accident to?
(a) A book.
(b) A play.
(c) A movie.
(d) A television show.
3. Why does Phoebe say she was never close to Wocket?
(a) She smelled funny.
(b) Mick liked her better.
(c) She tore Phoebe's new dress.
(d) She chewed Phoebe's Barbie doll.
4. How does Phoebe describe the name she called Mick the morning before he died?
5. What does Phoebe say MFU stood for?
(a) Mobile Field Unit.
(b) Many Flies United.
(c) Magic Field Unit.
(d) Mobile First Unit.
6. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why does the doctor give Phoebe's mother a pill?
(a) To give her energy.
(b) To keep her nourished.
(c) To help her sleep.
(d) To relax her muscles.
7. How does Phoebe feel about the pirate tattoo in "Mick"?
(a) She doesn't get a chance to see it.
(b) She doesn't like it.
(c) She likes it a lot.
(d) She isn't sure if she likes it or not.
8. What does Phoebe's father do when Phoebe asks "How's Mick?" in "The Serengeti Sucks"?
(a) He shakes his head.
(b) He shuts the door behind him.
(c) He hugs Phoebe.
(d) He hands her a card.
9. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why does Phoebe yell at her father?
(a) For buying Mick a new bike.
(b) For shutting Mick's door.
(c) Phoebe doesn't yell at her father.
(d) For turning off her light.
10. In "The Serengeti Sucks", why doesn't Phoebe look at pictures of Mick?
(a) She doesn't want to cry.
(b) She can't find them.
(c) It makes her worry.
(d) It makes her sick.
11. Why doesn't Mick give Phoebe the pirate tattoo?
(a) Because he pretends like he can't hear her ask for it.
(b) Because she doesn't say please nicely enough.
(c) Because he says it's for a boy.
(d) Because it is his turn to get the tattoo.
12. Why does Phoebe say her parents put Wocket to sleep?
(a) They didn't put Wocket to sleep.
(b) She had a heart problem.
(c) She hurt her hip.
(d) She had cancer.
13. How does Zoe describe the grief counselor at school?
14. In "Sirens", who does Phoebe say her bike reminds her of?
(b) Little Red Riding Hood.
(c) Little Bo Peep.
(d) Her mother.
15. In "Mick", how does Phoebe say her parents are different from her?
(a) They are smart.
(b) They are organized.
(c) They are funny.
(d) They are caring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe say the school psychologist met with her mother in "Sirens"?
2. In "The Serengeti Sucks", when does Phoebe's father finally pick her up from Zoe's?
3. Where does Phoebe's mother go when she goes outside in "Treasures"?
4. According to Phoebe, why was Mick so upset when he saw his christening gown?
5. Why is Zoe upset when Mick passes her on his bike in "Sirens"?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)