|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Getting a Grip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mick", what does Phoebe say the purpose of her narrating this novel is?
(a) To teach people about wearing helmets.
(b) To make sure she remembers her brother.
(c) To let the reader get to know Mick.
(d) She isn't sure why she is narrating the story.
2. In "Getting a Grip", who remembers when Mick said that music "got into his pants"?
(a) The school janitor.
(d) Mick's kindergarten teacher.
3. In "Tap Dancing on God's Piano", what does Phoebe remember Mick putting in the mail box?
(a) A bunch of rocks.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A jar of flies.
(d) A plastic snake.
4. According to Phoebe, why was Mick so upset when he saw his christening gown?
(a) Because he couldn't remember wearing it.
(b) Because it had pink bows on it.
(c) Because it looked like a dress.
(d) Because he didn't want to be a baby.
5. Why are Zoe and Mick friends?
(a) They both like motorcycles.
(b) They both think wrestling is real.
(c) They both have the same birthday.
(d) The both like Phoebe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe ask Zoe where Mick is in "Tap Dancing on God's Piano"?
2. What does Phoebe's father do when Phoebe asks "How's Mick?" in "The Serengeti Sucks"?
3. In "The Serengeti Sucks", when does Phoebe's father finally pick her up from Zoe's?
4. Why doesn't Phoebe want to watch the ambulance in "Sirens"?
5. When Phoebe returns home after learning Mick has died, what does she see that gives her chills?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)