|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street Jack lives on?
2. What team does Dr. Hatch say he can arrange for Taylor to be a cheerleader for when she's older?
3. What is the snack Jack offers Michael?
4. What does Dr. Hatch demand Taylor do while they are at the concert?
5. What does Taylor reveal to Ostin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Parker say is the reason Michael handles the electricity differently?
2. Describe the scene at breakfast the morning after Michael is released from the hospital.
3. Describe the situation involving Zeus's confrontation at the concert, including the involvement of other Glows and Hatch.
4. What, according to Jack, is Wade's story?
5. What does Hatch reveal to Michael about his father's death?
6. What does Tara say about how she first came to the academy and how she came to live there?
7. What does Hatch ask Taylor to do during the concert? What are her thoughts about the request?
8. What does Hatch say caused the deaths of four of the electric children? What does he say that means to Michael?
9. Describe the tragic scene Hatch is watching as Chapter 29 opens. What does his conversation indicate about his role in that tragedy?
10. What are Dr. Hatch's final words to Taylor as they head back to the Academy after the morning of shopping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Tara mean when she tells Taylor that Hatch would be freaked out if someone could read minds? List at least three scenes in which Taylor's ability to read minds plays an important role in the story. What other character has this ability near the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Michael Vey? Describe his life. What kind of person is he? What are the challenges he faces? In what way is he a typical teen?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of a superior race of people is nothing new. Describe at least one other instance in literature or history when this idea is used. Compare the leaders of that instance to Hatch. What do the people opposed to the idea have in common?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)