|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street Jack lives on?
2. How many necklaces are placed in front of Taylor from which to choose?
3. What does Nichelle say she'd be doing if it weren't for the Academy?
4. What does Dr. Hatch say about Michael's powers?
5. What does Tara say to the hostess at the Japanese restaurant that prompts them to give her a table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taylor believe Griff's purpose is and what does Tara reveal that his purpose actually is?
2. What does Tara say about how she first came to the academy and how she came to live there?
3. What does Hatch say caused the deaths of four of the electric children? What does he say that means to Michael?
4. What does Dr. Parker say is the reason Michael handles the electricity differently?
5. What are the powers of Ian, McKenna, and Abigail?
6. What does Dr. Hatch mean when he says Michael loves his mother? What does this indicate about who kidnapped Michael's mother?
7. What is the story Tara tells Taylor about the eagles?
8. What does Clyde yell to the officer who comes into the interrogation room to get Michael and what does the officer think about Clyde's words?
9. How do Michael and Ostin get inside the building once they're in the compound?
10. Describe the situation involving Zeus's confrontation at the concert, including the involvement of other Glows and Hatch.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are Jack, Mitchell, and Wade? How do the three interact with Michael and Ostin? What is their action that prompts the friendship between Taylor and Michael? How do the relationships between Michael, Wade, and Jack change over the course of the story? Why do they change?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Dr. Hatch? What is his role in the story? What are his motives? How are his motives seen? What kind of person is he? Support your answers with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider the main theme of the story? Why? Give at least three examples of this theme in the book.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)