|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael have for dinner?
2. What was the question on Taylor's first note passed to Michael during the science test?
3. Who tells Michael that his mother has been kidnapped?
4. What does Taylor say she was doing the first time she used her power?
5. What did Cody hit Michael in the head with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Hatch tell Taylor about her birth and her biological relatives?
2. According to Michael, what makes him different from the reader?
3. Why does Michael feel a little guilty about going out to a ball game and a party on Friday night? What is his mom's response?
4. How does the game end and what does Taylor late confess about her role in it?
5. How does Mrs. Vey discover that Ostin knows about Michael's electric power?
6. What is the basic information from the newspaper article Ostin finds related to the Pasadena Hospital?
7. What happened when Michael was bullied at Churchill Junior High School?
8. How is Taylor kidnapped?
9. What is the discussion Mr. Dallstrom has with Michael?
10. Describe the conversation with the first cheerleader who approaches Ostin and Michael in Chapter 9. What is Ostin's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of a superior race of people is nothing new. Describe at least one other instance in literature or history when this idea is used. Compare the leaders of that instance to Hatch. What do the people opposed to the idea have in common?
Essay Topic 2
What does Tara mean when she tells Taylor that Hatch would be freaked out if someone could read minds? List at least three scenes in which Taylor's ability to read minds plays an important role in the story. What other character has this ability near the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the abilities of Tara with those of Taylor. Compare the abilities of Michael to those of Nichelle. Name several times the powers of each are used. What do the ways the Glows use their powers say about the personalities of each?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)