|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael's response when his mom says his electricity is a gift?
2. Nichelle says she is _________.
3. Where is Ostin the morning after he goes out with Michael for ice cream?
4. What is Michael's comeback when one of the three call him "blinky boy"?
5. Where does Michael live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael say happened at the only other party he'd been invited to since he had moved to Idaho?
2. How does Mrs. Vey discover that Ostin knows about Michael's electric power?
3. Why does Michael feel a little guilty about going out to a ball game and a party on Friday night? What is his mom's response?
4. When does Michael tell his mother about the offer to attend Elgen Academy? What is his mother's reaction?
5. What does Dr. Hatch tell Taylor about his ultimate goals for a new race and what that will mean for the world?
6. What is the discussion Mr. Dallstrom has with Michael?
7. What are some of the pieces of information Michael gets from the police about the kidnapping of his mother?
8. What was the situation that caused Michael to be in detention when the class was studying Greek mythology?
9. Where does Ostin go that afternoon after class, and why does he go there?
10. Describe the encounter with the man wearing dirty clothes outside the pizza place.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Ostin Liss? What is Ostin's biggest strength? How does he use that to help Michael? What is Ostin's biggest weakness? In what ways is Ostin a typical teen? In what ways is he not a typical teen?
Essay Topic 2
What does Tara mean when she tells Taylor that Hatch would be freaked out if someone could read minds? List at least three scenes in which Taylor's ability to read minds plays an important role in the story. What other character has this ability near the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Zeus? Why does he never bathe? What is his role as a Glow? Why does he blindly follow Hatch? What does Taylor learn about Zeus's family? How does she learn this? What is the effect of this information on Zeus?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)