|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Michael that his mother has been kidnapped?
2. Why did Michael say Ostin never got shoved in a locker?
3. What was the Meridian Warhoop?
4. What does Taylor's father do for a living?
5. What does Taylor say she was doing the first time she used her power?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Taylor kidnapped?
2. How does the game end and what does Taylor late confess about her role in it?
3. What is the discussion Mr. Dallstrom has with Michael?
4. What does Ostin say he discovered when he went looking into the birth records for the period covering Taylor and Michael's births?
5. What does Dr. Hatch tell Taylor about her birth and her biological relatives?
6. What does Ostin think about Mrs. Vey? What does Michael think about Ostin's attitude?
7. When does Michael tell his mother about the offer to attend Elgen Academy? What is his mother's reaction?
8. What are Michael's thoughts about Taylor Ridley? Why doesn't he share that information with his best friend, Ostin?
9. According to Michael, what makes him different from the reader?
10. Describe the scene in which Taylor is caught passing notes in science class.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the first three people Michael tells about his power after he moves to Idaho? How does each learn about Michael's power? What is the reaction of each? What is Mrs. Vey's reaction when she learns the secret is out? What is Michael's response?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene in which Michael is called on to kill Wade. What is his reaction? How does he justify his reaction? What does Wade do later to repay Michael's refusal? What does Michael's refusal to kill Wade say about his personality? What does Wade's reaction later say about his?
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider the main theme of the story? Why? Give at least three examples of this theme in the book.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)