|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nichelle make Taylor say before she'll stop torturing Taylor during the ride in the van?
2. What does Taylor say she was doing the first time she used her power?
3. What initials did Michael secretly write when he was nine?
4. What did Taylor give Michael as a birthday gift?
5. What did Mr. Dalstrom say when Michael insisted being stuffed in a locker wasn't his fault?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Taylor kidnapped?
2. What does Dr. Hatch tell Taylor about her birth and her biological relatives?
3. Where does Ostin go that afternoon after class, and why does he go there?
4. What does Ostin think about Mrs. Vey? What does Michael think about Ostin's attitude?
5. How does the game end and what does Taylor late confess about her role in it?
6. How does Mrs. Vey discover that Ostin knows about Michael's electric power?
7. Describe the scene between Michael and his mother the evening after Michael shocks Mitchell, Wade, and Jack.
8. What does Taylor say was her motivation for telling everyone Michael has a black belt? What does she say when Michael says her explanation is a lie?
9. Describe the encounter with the man wearing dirty clothes outside the pizza place.
10. Who visits Michael the evening after he's released from the hospital? What do they tell him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most important setting in the book? Why? Compare Cell 25 as a setting to any other setting in the book.
Essay Topic 2
What do you consider the main theme of the story? Why? Give at least three examples of this theme in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Who are Jack, Mitchell, and Wade? How do the three interact with Michael and Ostin? What is their action that prompts the friendship between Taylor and Michael? How do the relationships between Michael, Wade, and Jack change over the course of the story? Why do they change?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)