|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Hatch say has been the fate of four of the electric children who didn't die in their first few days of life?
(a) Their hearts failed.
(b) They shorted out electrical appliances and died.
(c) They died in electricity-related accidents.
(d) The died of cancer by age seven.
2. What is Zeus's comeback when a man at the concert says he smells?
(a) He says the man can't possibly smell anything over his breath.
(b) He calls the man's girlfriend a goat.
(c) He says the man is probably smelling his girlfriend.
(d) He says the man is ugly.
3. What was the nightmare Michael had that night?
(a) His mother was being shocked repeatedly.
(b) He was being shocked repeatedly.
(c) His mother was in a cage at the zoo.
(d) Taylor was being shocked repeatedly.
4. What does Nichelle say she'd be doing if it weren't for the Academy?
(a) She says she doesn't know.
(b) Flipping burgers.
(c) Living happily with her family.
(d) Going to school.
5. What does Michael have to drink for breakfast at the Liss apartment?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(d) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ostin say he's going to Pasadena with Michael?
2. What is Tara's answer when Taylor asks if they are always allowed to have champagne?
3. What is the conclusion Ostin comes to that leads him to his plan to escape?
4. What does Dr. Hatch say they're having for dinner in honor of Taylor's homecoming?
5. What does Dr. Hatch reveal about Michael's father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Jack, is Wade's story?
2. What were some of the things Clyde called Michael and said to him?
3. What does Dr. Parker say is unique about Michael's electricity?
4. What is it that worries Taylor about the morning of shopping in the exclusive shops? What is Dr. Hatch's reaction when they meet for lunch?
5. Describe the scene at breakfast the morning after Michael is released from the hospital.
6. How do Michael and Ostin get inside the building once they're in the compound?
7. Describe the tragic scene Hatch is watching as Chapter 29 opens. What does his conversation indicate about his role in that tragedy?
8. What does Tara say about how she first came to the academy and how she came to live there?
9. What does Dr. Hatch mean when he says Michael loves his mother? What does this indicate about who kidnapped Michael's mother?
10. Describe the scene in which Dr. Hatch presents Taylor with a diamond necklace as a gift.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)