|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Michael say he hoped no one called his mother?
(a) He knew he'd be in trouble at home as well.
(b) He didn't want to make her day worse than it already was.
(c) He knew she'd cry.
(d) He knew she'd come to the school and make a scene.
2. What does Ostin have in his hand when Michael alerts him that Taylor has been kidnapped?
(a) His homework.
(b) A toaster strudel.
(c) A volt meter.
(d) A phone.
3. What does Taylor's father do for a living?
(a) He's a real estate agent.
(b) He's an engineer.
(c) He's a loan officer at a bank.
(d) He's a police officer.
4. How long does Dr. Hatch say Taylor will be staying at the Elgen Academy?
(a) As long as she wants.
(b) Just until Christmas.
(c) The rest of her life.
(d) A year or so.
5. Where does Michael have dinner the evening he goes home with Mr. and Mrs. Liss?
(a) At his house.
(b) At Ostin's house.
(c) At McDonald's.
(d) At Pizza Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say his mother was doing when they first saw the man with the gun?
2. What does Taylor say is the reason Michael was able to beat up Jack and his friends?
3. What does Nichelle make Taylor say before she'll stop torturing Taylor during the ride in the van?
4. Why does Dr. Hatch say he wears the sunglasses?
5. What was the question on Taylor's first note passed to Michael during the science test?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ostin think about Mrs. Vey? What does Michael think about Ostin's attitude?
2. Where does Ostin go that afternoon after class, and why does he go there?
3. What is the discussion Mr. Dallstrom has with Michael?
4. What does Dr. Hatch tell Taylor about his ultimate goals for a new race and what that will mean for the world?
5. What are some of the pieces of information Michael gets from the police about the kidnapping of his mother?
6. Describe the scene between Michael and his mother the evening after Michael shocks Mitchell, Wade, and Jack.
7. What had Mitchell, Wade, and Jack done to humiliate Ostin, and how long had it taken for Ostin to live it down?
8. What was the situation that caused Michael to be in detention when the class was studying Greek mythology?
9. What are Michael's thoughts about Taylor Ridley? Why doesn't he share that information with his best friend, Ostin?
10. Who visits Michael the evening after he's released from the hospital? What do they tell him?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)