Chapters 1 through 8
• As the story opens, a man later identified as Dr. C. James Hatch is talking on the telephone. He says they have all but two of the children and that he has a million dollar bounty out on those two, making him certain they'll be found soon.
• Michael Vey is fifteen, lives in Idaho, has Tourette's Syndrome, and has a secret.
• Michael is called to the principal's office and put in detention because some bullies shoved him in his locker.
• After school, the three bullies - Mitchell, Wade, and Jack - beat up Michael, accusing him of telling on them.
• Michael shocks the three. A cheerleader, Taylor Ridley, sees Michael do it.
• Taylor invites Michael to her house and reveals that she knows about his secret, prompting him to give her the rest of the details. He says he's always been able to shock people.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)