|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
2. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
3. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
4. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
5. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
Essay Topic 1
Almost all interactions with the Olympian gods resulted in either punishment or reward for the lesser beings. Choose one example of punishment and one example of reward given by the Olympian gods. How does this dichotomy affect the relationship that lesser beings have with the Olympian gods throughout the text?
Essay Topic 2
Storytelling is an important asset to Ovid as he progresses through this novel. Explain how storytelling presents itself in the novel, and then compare / contrast storytelling and plot as they appear as themes in the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the gods go through metamorphoses from spirit into animal. Choose two gods who were transformed, explain the circumstances surrounding their metamorphoses, and explain why each object of metamorphoses was chosen explicitly for that god's situation.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)