Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
2. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
3. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
4. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
5. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of time after creation, the humans go through four distinct ages. Briefly describe the four ages, and explain which among them had the largest impact on humanity, citing examples from the text to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 2
One of the most famous arguments in Ovid's "Metamorphoses" happens between Ulysses and Ajax after Achilles dies in battle, as both men want to inherit Achilles' armor. Explain the argument that each man gave for deserving the armor, and then explain the effect that the final decision had on the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, there are many symbols of peace that appear in the violent world of the gods. Describe two symbols of peace that appear in the novel, and explain how the symbols came to be.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)