Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
2. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
3. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
4. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
5. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
Throughout the novel, there are many symbols of peace that appear in the violent world of the gods. Describe two symbols of peace that appear in the novel, and explain how the symbols came to be.
Almost all interactions with the Olympian gods resulted in either punishment or reward for the lesser beings. Choose one example of punishment and one example of reward given by the Olympian gods. How does this dichotomy affect the relationship that lesser beings have with the Olympian gods throughout the text?
Many of the gods act violently toward the mortals they rule over. Choose two examples of violence against the mortals and then explain what effect the violent behaviors of the gods had on the balance between the two worlds.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)