|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
2. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
3. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
4. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
5. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the gods go through metamorphoses from spirit into animal. Choose two gods who were transformed, explain the circumstances surrounding their metamorphoses, and explain why each object of metamorphoses was chosen explicitly for that god's situation.
Essay Topic 2
All of Ovid's relationships in the text seem to end the same way - with one or both of the lovers in extreme pain. Choose two relationships featured in the novel and explain how pain inevitably rose from the couple's love.
Essay Topic 3
The Olympian gods were often hypocritical in the novel. Choose two examples of rules that the mortals were given that the gods blatantly ignored. Then, explain the effect that the hypocritical nature the gods expressed had on their relationships with the mortals.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)