Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
2. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
3. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
4. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
5. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
Taking a woman by force is an unfortunately common practice in Ovid's "Metamorphoses". Explain how women are treated by the gods in the novel, and how the practice of taking a woman by force relates to the idea of love.
Ovid's speech and use of poetry in the text is for a specific purpose. Explain why Ovid chose to write his text in this way, and what was accomplished by the use of poetic language and form. Finally, explain what Ovid stated directly about his words in the epilogue of his novel.
Many characters take over as the active narrator in "Metamorphoses". Choose one narrator who functioned as the main storyteller in the novel, and explain how the story was altered by that character's unique voice and perspective.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)