|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For beating a donkey.
(b) For raping his wife.
(c) For stealing from Midas.
(d) For killing his brother.
2. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
4. What type of bird is Daedalion transformed into when he jumps off the cliff?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A kingfisher.
(d) A sparrow.
5. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Circe find Scylla when she sets out to poison her?
2. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
3. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
4. Which of the following is the way that Cipius finds himself altered by the gods.
5. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
2. What story does Hippolytus tell Numa's wife when she is mourning over her husband's death?
3. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
4. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
5. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
6. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
7. How does Romulus restore the throne of his grandfather?
8. Why does Daedalion throw himself off a cliff?
9. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
10. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)