|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He paints a portrait of her.
(b) He overpowers her.
(c) He soothes her with poetry.
(d) He ties her up.
2. How is Acis killed?
(a) He is drowned in a stormy sea.
(b) He is smashed by a giant boulder.
(c) He is poisoned by a snake bite.
(d) He is starved by the nymph Hunger.
3. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
4. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Silver coins.
(b) Jingling bells.
(c) Golden apples.
(d) Furry kittens.
5. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
2. How does Circe attempt to lure Picus into the woods?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
4. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
5. What type of nymph is Galatea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the battle between Achilles and Cycnus?
2. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
3. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
4. What story does Hippolytus tell Numa's wife when she is mourning over her husband's death?
5. What question does Tlepolemus ask Nestor during his storytelling, and what is Nestor's response?
6. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
7. How does Hippomenes outsmart Atalanta?
8. How does Circe exact her revenge on Scylla?
9. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
10. Why does Byblis turn into a stream?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)