|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
(a) To Ulysses.
(b) To Ajax.
(c) To neither of the men.
(d) To both men to split between them.
2. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
(b) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
(c) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
(d) Building a house on someone else's land.
3. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the heel.
(d) In the elbow.
4. Which goddess sends omens to Julius Caesar about his fate?
5. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His fighting history.
(b) His strong body.
(c) His ancestral lines.
(d) His battle scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
2. What does Diana sacrifice in the place of Iphigenia?
3. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
4. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
5. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Myrrha transform into a tree?
2. What question does Tlepolemus ask Nestor during his storytelling, and what is Nestor's response?
3. How does Circe exact her revenge on Scylla?
4. How is Achilles killed?
5. How does Peleus eventually get Thetis to marry him?
6. Why does Byblis turn into a stream?
7. How is Crotana founded?
8. What story does Hippolytus tell Numa's wife when she is mourning over her husband's death?
9. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
10. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)