|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
2. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
3. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
(a) In a sea cave.
(b) In the shadow of the clouds.
(c) In a tree truck.
(d) At the top of Mount Olympus.
4. How does Byblis tell the family member that she is in love with him?
(a) In a poem.
(b) In a letter.
(c) In a painting.
(d) In a song.
5. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A lion.
(b) A kangaroo.
(c) A bird.
(d) A whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
2. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
3. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
4. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
5. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
2. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
3. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
4. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
5. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
6. Why does Daedalion throw himself off a cliff?
7. How does Hyacinth find himself transformed into a flower?
8. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
9. How does Picus find himself transformed into a woodpecker?
10. What happens during the battle between Achilles and Cycnus?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)