|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inspires Myscelus to start the land of Crotana?
(c) King Midas.
2. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
(a) It is the color of gold.
(b) It flakes off his body when touched.
(c) It is transparent.
(d) It is impenetrable.
3. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
4. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
(a) The ability to propecy.
(b) The ability to fly.
(c) Eternal life.
(d) Transformation from mortal to goddess.
5. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Drown her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Sacrifice her.
(d) Burn her at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adonis die?
2. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
3. What does Circe transform the soldiers scouting her island into?
4. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
5. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
2. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
3. How does Cipius convince Rome to exile him to his own land?
4. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
5. How does Romulus restore the throne of his grandfather?
6. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
7. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
8. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
9. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
10. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)