|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
(a) To Ajax.
(b) To Ulysses.
(c) To both men to split between them.
(d) To neither of the men.
2. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
3. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Jingling bells.
(b) Golden apples.
(c) Furry kittens.
(d) Silver coins.
4. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
5. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For raping his wife.
(b) For beating a donkey.
(c) For killing his brother.
(d) For stealing from Midas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orpheus go to attempt to win back his wife?
2. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
3. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
4. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Circe exact her revenge on Scylla?
2. How does Hyacinth find himself transformed into a flower?
3. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
4. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
5. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
6. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
7. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
8. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
9. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
10. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)