|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
2. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His battle scars.
(b) His ancestral lines.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His fighting history.
3. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A lion.
(b) A kangaroo.
(c) A bird.
(d) A whale.
4. What type of nymph is Galatea?
(a) A sea nymph.
(b) A tree nymph.
(c) A fire nymph.
(d) A flower nymph.
5. Where does Orpheus go to attempt to win back his wife?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The vally of the gods.
(d) The underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
2. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
3. What does Circe transform Scylla's lower body into?
4. Which goddess sends omens to Julius Caesar about his fate?
5. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
2. How does Orpheus lose his wife, Eurydice?
3. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
4. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
5. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
6. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
7. How is Achilles killed?
8. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
9. How does Hyacinth find himself transformed into a flower?
10. Why does Myrrha transform into a tree?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)