|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A crag.
(c) A bird.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
2. What job does Ganymede take over when he lives with Jupiter?
(b) Stable boy.
3. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He tried to follow them, but failed.
(c) He followed the omens and was successful.
(d) He found the omens silly and amusing.
4. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is excited.
5. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A glass bowl.
(c) A boat anchor.
(d) A boulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
2. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
3. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
4. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
5. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
2. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
3. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
4. How is Achilles killed?
5. Why does Byblis turn into a stream?
6. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
7. How does Romulus restore the throne of his grandfather?
8. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
9. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
10. How does Circe exact her revenge on Scylla?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)