|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
(a) By setting him on fire.
(b) By drowning him.
(c) By poisoning him.
(d) By stoning him.
2. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A snake.
(d) A spider.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
4. How is Acis killed?
(a) He is drowned in a stormy sea.
(b) He is starved by the nymph Hunger.
(c) He is poisoned by a snake bite.
(d) He is smashed by a giant boulder.
5. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
(a) A bird.
(b) A man.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
2. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
3. What job does Ganymede take over when he lives with Jupiter?
4. What type of bird is Daedalion transformed into when he jumps off the cliff?
5. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
2. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
3. How does Cipius convince Rome to exile him to his own land?
4. How does Circe exact her revenge on Scylla?
5. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
6. How does Peleus eventually get Thetis to marry him?
7. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
8. How does Picus find himself transformed into a woodpecker?
9. How does Hyacinth find himself transformed into a flower?
10. How does Orpheus lose his wife, Eurydice?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)