|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adonis die?
(a) He transforms into a flower and lives forever.
(b) He is drowned by an angry water nymph.
(c) He is mauled to death in the woods.
(d) He is trampled to death by stampeding livestock.
2. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
3. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is heartbroken.
4. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
(a) That they will be quickly forgotten.
(b) That they will change literature.
(c) That they will be read only by philosophers.
(d) That they will live forever.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
3. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
4. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
5. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
2. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
3. How does Peleus eventually get Thetis to marry him?
4. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
5. How does Orpheus lose his wife, Eurydice?
6. Why does Byblis turn into a stream?
7. Why does Daedalion throw himself off a cliff?
8. What question does Tlepolemus ask Nestor during his storytelling, and what is Nestor's response?
9. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
10. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)