|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the water nymph transform the attacking animals into?
2. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
3. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
(a) The wood nymph sanctuary.
(b) Venus' statue.
(c) The river of Thates.
(d) Diana's shrine.
4. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(b) Disc throwing.
(c) Pole vaulting.
(d) Hurtle jumping.
5. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
2. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
3. How is Acis killed?
4. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
5. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
2. How is Crotana founded?
3. How does Hippomenes outsmart Atalanta?
4. How does Picus find himself transformed into a woodpecker?
5. How does Orpheus lose his wife, Eurydice?
6. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
7. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
8. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
9. How is Achilles killed?
10. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)