|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Disc throwing.
(b) Hurtle jumping.
(d) Pole vaulting.
2. How does Adonis die?
(a) He is drowned by an angry water nymph.
(b) He is mauled to death in the woods.
(c) He transforms into a flower and lives forever.
(d) He is trampled to death by stampeding livestock.
3. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His strong body.
(b) His battle scars.
(c) His fighting history.
(d) His ancestral lines.
4. What ears does Apollo place atop Midas' head?
5. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A fish.
(b) A bird.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
3. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
4. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
5. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
2. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
3. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
4. What happens during the battle between Achilles and Cycnus?
5. What question does Tlepolemus ask Nestor during his storytelling, and what is Nestor's response?
6. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
7. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
8. How does Orpheus lose his wife, Eurydice?
9. Why does Myrrha transform into a tree?
10. Why does Byblis turn into a stream?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)