|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
2. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
3. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His ancestral lines.
(b) His fighting history.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His battle scars.
4. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A spider.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A snake.
5. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A dove.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities does Atalanta challenge her potential suitors to?
2. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
3. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
4. Who sings a song for Eurydice that is so moving, even the harsh Fates begin to weep?
5. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
2. What story does Hippolytus tell Numa's wife when she is mourning over her husband's death?
3. Why does Byblis turn into a stream?
4. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
5. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
6. How is Crotana founded?
7. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
8. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
9. What happens during the battle between Achilles and Cycnus?
10. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)