|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
(a) A deer.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A crow.
2. What does Circe transform the soldiers scouting her island into?
3. What ears does Apollo place atop Midas' head?
4. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
(a) In a sea cave.
(b) In a tree truck.
(c) At the top of Mount Olympus.
(d) In the shadow of the clouds.
5. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is heartbroken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
2. Where does Orpheus go to attempt to win back his wife?
3. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
5. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Picus find himself transformed into a woodpecker?
2. How does Hyacinth find himself transformed into a flower?
3. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
4. How does Orpheus die?
5. What happens during the battle between Achilles and Cycnus?
6. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
7. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
8. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
9. What story does Hippolytus tell Numa's wife when she is mourning over her husband's death?
10. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)