|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the way that Cipius finds himself altered by the gods.
(a) He began to moo like a cow rather than speak.
(b) His hands were transformed to hooves.
(c) He grew horns on his head.
(d) He grew a forked tail, which he attemtped to hide in his trousers.
2. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
3. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A woodpecker.
(c) A blackbird.
(d) A magpie.
4. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Golden apples.
(b) Furry kittens.
(c) Silver coins.
(d) Jingling bells.
5. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
(a) He followed the omens and was successful.
(b) He found the omens silly and amusing.
(c) He tried to follow them, but failed.
(d) He ignored them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
2. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
3. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
4. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
5. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
2. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
3. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
4. How does Cipius convince Rome to exile him to his own land?
5. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
6. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
7. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
8. How does Romulus restore the throne of his grandfather?
9. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
10. How does Orpheus die?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)