|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
2. How does the enemy of Rome get in to defeat the city?
(a) Neptune gave the enemy wings to fly over the gates.
(b) Jupiter unlocked the gate.
(c) Pluto made the enemy invisible so they could sneak past the gates' guards.
(d) Mercury scorched the gates of Rome, melting the metal.
3. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
(a) By poisoning him.
(b) By drowning him.
(c) By stoning him.
(d) By setting him on fire.
4. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
5. What does Circe transform the soldiers scouting her island into?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which goddess convinces the nymphs to transform the gates of Rome back to their original position?
2. What type of nymph is Galatea?
3. What does Diana sacrifice in the place of Iphigenia?
4. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
5. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daedalion throw himself off a cliff?
2. What is interesting about Aeneas' three daughters?
3. How does Peleus eventually get Thetis to marry him?
4. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
5. How does Romulus restore the throne of his grandfather?
6. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
7. How does Hyacinth find himself transformed into a flower?
8. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
9. Why does Myrrha transform into a tree?
10. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)