|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
(a) A crag.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A bird.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
2. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
(a) A pool of water.
(b) A kingfisher.
(c) A weeping willow.
(d) A flowering rose bush.
3. What type of bird is Daedalion transformed into when he jumps off the cliff?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A kingfisher.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A vulture.
4. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is repulsed.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
(a) In a tree truck.
(b) In a sea cave.
(c) At the top of Mount Olympus.
(d) In the shadow of the clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which goddess convinces the nymphs to transform the gates of Rome back to their original position?
2. What does the water nymph transform the attacking animals into?
3. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
4. What type of nymph is Galatea?
5. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peleus eventually get Thetis to marry him?
2. How does Hippomenes outsmart Atalanta?
3. How is Achilles killed?
4. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
5. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
6. What question does Tlepolemus ask Nestor during his storytelling, and what is Nestor's response?
7. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
8. How is Crotana founded?
9. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
10. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)