|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
(a) That they will live forever.
(b) That they will be quickly forgotten.
(c) That they will be read only by philosophers.
(d) That they will change literature.
2. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
(a) By reciting poetry.
(b) By dancing.
(c) By painting.
(d) By singing.
3. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
(a) By setting him on fire.
(b) By stoning him.
(c) By poisoning him.
(d) By drowning him.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
5. How does Ciprius feel about being exiled from the land?
(a) He was apathetic.
(b) He was pleased.
(c) He was terrified.
(d) He was saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
2. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
3. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
4. What does Circe transform Scylla's lower body into?
5. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Orpheus die?
2. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
3. How is Achilles killed?
4. How does Picus find himself transformed into a woodpecker?
5. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
6. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
7. Why does Daedalion throw himself off a cliff?
8. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
9. What happens during the battle between Achilles and Cycnus?
10. How does Hippomenes outsmart Atalanta?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)