|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
(a) The river of Thates.
(b) Venus' statue.
(c) The wood nymph sanctuary.
(d) Diana's shrine.
2. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
3. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He paints a portrait of her.
(b) He ties her up.
(c) He overpowers her.
(d) He soothes her with poetry.
4. Who inspires Myscelus to start the land of Crotana?
(c) King Midas.
5. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For killing his brother.
(b) For beating a donkey.
(c) For stealing from Midas.
(d) For raping his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Byblis tell the family member that she is in love with him?
2. What does Diana sacrifice in the place of Iphigenia?
3. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
4. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
5. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
2. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
3. How does Hyacinth find himself transformed into a flower?
4. Why does Myrrha transform into a tree?
5. Why does Byblis turn into a stream?
6. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
7. What story does Hippolytus tell Numa's wife when she is mourning over her husband's death?
8. How is Achilles killed?
9. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
10. How does Circe exact her revenge on Scylla?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)