|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
2. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His fighting history.
(b) His battle scars.
(c) His ancestral lines.
(d) His intelligence.
3. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Drown her.
(d) Sacrifice her.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
5. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
(a) A rat.
(b) A crow.
(c) A deer.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
2. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
3. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
4. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
5. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cipius convince Rome to exile him to his own land?
2. Why does Pythagoras believe that man should abstain from eating meat?
3. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
4. How does Pygmalion meet his wife?
5. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
6. How does Circe exact her revenge on Scylla?
7. How does Picus find himself transformed into a woodpecker?
8. How does Orpheus die?
9. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
10. Why does Daedalion throw himself off a cliff?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)