|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
2. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Building a house on someone else's land.
(b) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
(c) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
(d) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
3. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
4. What does the water nymph transform the attacking animals into?
5. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
(a) By poisoning the wife.
(b) By burning his ships.
(c) By stabbing Aeneas' heart.
(d) By killing their first born son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
2. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
3. What lie is told about Iphis when she is born?
4. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
5. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Crotana founded?
2. Why does Ulysses believe that he should be entitled to Achilles' armor after he dies?
3. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
4. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
5. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
6. What does Calchas see when the Greeks are chasing after the Trojans, and how is this sighting interpreted?
7. How does Picus find himself transformed into a woodpecker?
8. How does Orpheus lose his wife, Eurydice?
9. Why does Myrrha transform into a tree?
10. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)