|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
(a) It flakes off his body when touched.
(b) It is transparent.
(c) It is the color of gold.
(d) It is impenetrable.
2. What ears does Apollo place atop Midas' head?
3. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A bird.
(c) A man.
(d) A tree.
4. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
5. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Building a house on someone else's land.
(b) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
(c) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
(d) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
2. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
3. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
4. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
5. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hecuba exact her revenge on her son, Polydorus?
2. How does Romulus restore the throne of his grandfather?
3. How does Ceyx respond to the news that wolves are attacking his livestock?
4. Why does Daedalion throw himself off a cliff?
5. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
6. How is Achilles killed?
7. How is Memnon remembered after his death at Hercules' hands?
8. What story does Vertumnus tell Pomona, luring her into a relationship with him?
9. How does Scylla exact her revenge on Circe?
10. What does Ovid predict about the words of his novel in his epilogue?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)