|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He drowns it.
(b) He sets it on fire.
(c) He wrestles it.
(d) He stabs it.
2. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many ears.
(b) He has many teeth.
(c) He has many tongues.
(d) He has many eyes.
3. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
4. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills her son.
(b) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(c) She kills all of them.
(d) She kills her brother.
5. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He stabs himself with a sword.
(b) He drowns himself in the sea.
(c) He tears his own heart in two.
(d) He drinks a vile of poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
2. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
4. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
5. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Medea attempts to help Pelias' daughter return their father to an age of youthfulness?
2. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
3. How is Hercules killed?
4. How does Minerva respond to Arachne's portrait of the gods?
5. What significant events happen surrounding the birth of Hercules?
6. What is a Minotaur, and what is Minos' reaction to it?
7. What happens when Jupiter goes to visit Lycaon?
8. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
9. Who is Erysichthon and how is he punished for his actions against the nymph?
10. How does Procne respond when she receives news of the way that Tereus is treating her sister, Philomena?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)