|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
2. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A swan.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A princess.
3. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A flood.
(b) A fire.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A monsoon.
4. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
5. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
2. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
3. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
4. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
5. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pentheus killed?
2. How does Minerva respond to Arachne's portrait of the gods?
3. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
4. What happens when Jupiter goes to visit Lycaon?
5. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
6. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
7. How does the competition between Minerva and Arachne progress?
8. Why does Tereus believe that his relationship with Procne is doomed from the start?
9. In what ways do the brave villagers in Crete attempt to kill the wild boar that has been terrorizing the village?
10. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)