|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through written letters.
(b) Through woven tapestries.
(c) Through eye blinking.
(d) Through smoke signals.
2. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
3. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A lightning bolt.
(b) A wild animal.
(c) A sword.
(d) A giant wave.
4. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(c) Green vines.
(d) Gold plated flowers.
5. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A monsoon.
(c) A flood.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
2. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
4. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
5. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Minerva respond to Arachne's portrait of the gods?
2. What is Narcissus' reaction to Echo's advances, and how does she respond?
3. What happens when Medea attempts to help Pelias' daughter return their father to an age of youthfulness?
4. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
5. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe kill themselves?
6. What is a Minotaur, and what is Minos' reaction to it?
7. What condition does Jupiter come up with for the return of Proserpina from the underworld?
8. How does the competition between Minerva and Arachne progress?
9. How is Hercules killed?
10. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)