|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A swan.
(d) A flower.
2. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In their same home.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the underworld.
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
5. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(b) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(c) Cover your head.
(d) Wear your garments loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
2. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
3. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
4. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
5. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Procne respond when she receives news of the way that Tereus is treating her sister, Philomena?
2. Who are Philemon and Baucis?
3. What condition does Jupiter come up with for the return of Proserpina from the underworld?
4. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
5. Who do Cupid's first two arrows shoot, and what is the outcome?
6. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe kill themselves?
7. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
8. How does Perseus come to marry Andromeda?
9. What happens when Andromeda's fiance breaks up her wedding to Perseus?
10. How does Minerva respond to Arachne's portrait of the gods?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)