|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many teeth.
(b) He has many ears.
(c) He has many eyes.
(d) He has many tongues.
2. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
3. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's fiance.
(b) Perseus' mother.
(c) Andromeda's brother.
(d) Perseus' wife.
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To take back the golden fleece.
(b) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(c) To return the gold he stole.
(d) To marry Medea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
3. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
4. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Perseus come to marry Andromeda?
2. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
3. Who do Cupid's first two arrows shoot, and what is the outcome?
4. What happens when Andromeda's fiance breaks up her wedding to Perseus?
5. How is Hercules killed?
6. What happens when Jupiter goes to visit Lycaon?
7. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
8. Who is Erysichthon and how is he punished for his actions against the nymph?
9. What condition does Jupiter come up with for the return of Proserpina from the underworld?
10. What happens when Medea attempts to help Pelias' daughter return their father to an age of youthfulness?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)