|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Wind.
(d) The Sea.
3. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
4. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Perseus' mother.
(b) Perseus' wife.
(c) Andromeda's fiance.
(d) Andromeda's brother.
5. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' mother.
(b) Tereus' father.
(c) Tereus' son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
2. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
3. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
4. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
5. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways do the brave villagers in Crete attempt to kill the wild boar that has been terrorizing the village?
2. What happens when Medea attempts to help Pelias' daughter return their father to an age of youthfulness?
3. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
4. What happens after Juno enlists Tisiphone to help her extract her revenge on Athamas and Ino?
5. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
6. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
7. What is a Minotaur, and what is Minos' reaction to it?
8. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
9. Why does Tereus believe that his relationship with Procne is doomed from the start?
10. How does Procne respond when she receives news of the way that Tereus is treating her sister, Philomena?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)