|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' son.
(b) Tereus' father.
(d) Tereus' mother.
2. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A river tide.
(d) A log.
3. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the water pods.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the tree branches.
4. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are mother-daughter.
(d) They are sisters.
5. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He tears his own heart in two.
(b) He drinks a vile of poison.
(c) He stabs himself with a sword.
(d) He drowns himself in the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
2. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
3. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
4. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
5. What type of bird does Scylla's father transform into after his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Andromeda's fiance breaks up her wedding to Perseus?
2. What condition does Jupiter come up with for the return of Proserpina from the underworld?
3. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
4. What happens when Jupiter goes to visit Lycaon?
5. How is Hercules killed?
6. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
7. How does Minerva respond to Arachne's portrait of the gods?
8. What significant events happen surrounding the birth of Hercules?
9. Who is Erysichthon and how is he punished for his actions against the nymph?
10. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)