|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
2. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The violence of the Olympian gods.
3. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the pool.
(d) In the bedroom.
4. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
5. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' mother.
(c) Tereus' father.
(d) Tereus' son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
2. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
3. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
4. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Phaeton's visit to the Sun?
2. Why does Tereus believe that his relationship with Procne is doomed from the start?
3. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
4. How does the competition between Minerva and Arachne progress?
5. What is a Minotaur, and what is Minos' reaction to it?
6. What happens when Andromeda's fiance breaks up her wedding to Perseus?
7. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
8. What happens after Juno enlists Tisiphone to help her extract her revenge on Athamas and Ino?
9. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe kill themselves?
10. Who are Philemon and Baucis?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)