|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
2. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A black hole.
(c) A stream.
(d) A gravestone.
3. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
4. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
5. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A cow.
(b) A rat.
(c) A swan.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
2. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
3. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
4. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
5. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
2. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
3. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
4. What happens after Juno enlists Tisiphone to help her extract her revenge on Athamas and Ino?
5. Who are Philemon and Baucis?
6. How does Io come to be pregnant with Erasmus?
7. Who do Cupid's first two arrows shoot, and what is the outcome?
8. How does Procne respond when she receives news of the way that Tereus is treating her sister, Philomena?
9. What is a Minotaur, and what is Minos' reaction to it?
10. How is Hercules killed?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)