|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To marry Medea.
(b) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(c) To take back the golden fleece.
(d) To return the gold he stole.
2. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A shark.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
3. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
4. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are mother-daughter.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are cousins.
5. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His gender.
(c) His ability to love.
(d) His speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
2. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
3. How does Pyramus kill himself?
4. What does Hercules break off of Achelous during their battle?
5. What is unique about Argus' face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Procne respond when she receives news of the way that Tereus is treating her sister, Philomena?
2. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
3. What happens when Andromeda's fiance breaks up her wedding to Perseus?
4. How does Perseus come to marry Andromeda?
5. What significant events happen surrounding the birth of Hercules?
6. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
7. How does the competition between Minerva and Arachne progress?
8. What condition does Jupiter come up with for the return of Proserpina from the underworld?
9. Who do Cupid's first two arrows shoot, and what is the outcome?
10. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)