|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A sword.
(c) A giant wave.
(d) A lightning bolt.
2. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
3. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to grow in girth.
(b) The begin to age more slowly.
(c) They begin to grow in height.
(d) They begin to age more quickly.
4. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(b) Gold plated flowers.
(c) Green vines.
5. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn water to wine.
(b) The power to turn people to stone.
(c) The power to turn people to snakes.
(d) The power to turn objects to gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
2. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
4. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
5. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the competition between Minerva and Arachne progress?
2. What is the response to the three sisters who sit around gossiping and telling impious stories?
3. How is Hercules killed?
4. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
5. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
6. What significant events happen surrounding the birth of Hercules?
7. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
8. What is the result of Phaeton's visit to the Sun?
9. In what ways do the brave villagers in Crete attempt to kill the wild boar that has been terrorizing the village?
10. What happens after Juno enlists Tisiphone to help her extract her revenge on Athamas and Ino?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)