|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
2. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A fox.
(c) A bear.
(d) A deer.
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A princess.
(d) A goddess.
4. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She turns them to stone.
(b) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(c) She drowns them in a river.
(d) She transforms them into rats.
5. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
2. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
3. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
4. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
5. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Phaeton's visit to the Sun?
2. Why does Tereus believe that his relationship with Procne is doomed from the start?
3. How does the competition between Minerva and Arachne progress?
4. What is Narcissus' reaction to Echo's advances, and how does she respond?
5. Who are Philemon and Baucis?
6. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
7. What is the response to the three sisters who sit around gossiping and telling impious stories?
8. How does Europa come to be missing?
9. How does Minerva respond to Arachne's portrait of the gods?
10. How does Perseus come to marry Andromeda?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)