|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Help him through magical tasks.
(b) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
(c) Complete the tasks for Jason.
(d) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
2. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
3. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A giant.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A mermaid.
4. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The skies.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The gods.
(d) The muses.
5. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(b) Tereus' mother.
(c) Tereus' father.
(d) Tereus' son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
2. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
3. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
4. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
5. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
2. How does Europa come to be missing?
3. How does Minerva respond to Arachne's portrait of the gods?
4. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
5. What is the result of Phaeton's visit to the Sun?
6. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
7. What happens when Jupiter goes to visit Lycaon?
8. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe kill themselves?
9. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
10. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)