Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The glory of the Olympian gods.
2. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To return the gold he stole.
(b) To take back the golden fleece.
(c) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(d) To marry Medea.
3. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He tears his own heart in two.
(b) He drowns himself in the sea.
(c) He stabs himself with a sword.
(d) He drinks a vile of poison.
4. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In their same home.
(d) In the woods.
5. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
2. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
3. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Tlepolemus ask Nestor during his storytelling, and what is Nestor's response?
2. How is Pentheus killed?
3. How does Cipius convince Rome to exile him to his own land?
4. How does Romulus restore the throne of his grandfather?
5. What does Alcyone see in her dream brought to her by the nymph Sleep?
6. What is the response to the three sisters who sit around gossiping and telling impious stories?
7. What condition does Jupiter come up with for the return of Proserpina from the underworld?
8. What is Narcissus' reaction to Echo's advances, and how does she respond?
9. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
10. How does Midas find himself with the ears of a donkey?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)