|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
2. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
3. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
4. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Remove the skin from his body.
(b) Drain him of his blood.
(c) Shave off all their father's hair.
(d) Cut off one of their father's toes.
5. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are mother-daughter.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
2. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
3. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
5. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
2. In what ways do the brave villagers in Crete attempt to kill the wild boar that has been terrorizing the village?
3. How are the five families of Thebe formed?
4. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
5. What happens when Andromeda's fiance breaks up her wedding to Perseus?
6. How does Io come to be pregnant with Erasmus?
7. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe kill themselves?
8. What happens after Juno enlists Tisiphone to help her extract her revenge on Athamas and Ino?
9. What significant events happen surrounding the birth of Hercules?
10. What is Narcissus' reaction to Echo's advances, and how does she respond?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)