|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
(a) A scholar to study with him.
(b) A woman to marry him.
(c) An ally to fight with him.
(d) An artist to create with him.
2. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In their same home.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the underworld.
3. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To return the gold he stole.
(b) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(c) To marry Medea.
(d) To take back the golden fleece.
4. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
5. What type of bird does Scylla's father transform into after his death?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A swan.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A penguin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
3. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
4. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
5. What power does Medusa's head hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
2. Who is Erysichthon and how is he punished for his actions against the nymph?
3. How is Hercules killed?
4. How does Europa come to be missing?
5. Who do Cupid's first two arrows shoot, and what is the outcome?
6. How does Procne respond when she receives news of the way that Tereus is treating her sister, Philomena?
7. What happens after Juno enlists Tisiphone to help her extract her revenge on Athamas and Ino?
8. In what ways do the brave villagers in Crete attempt to kill the wild boar that has been terrorizing the village?
9. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
10. Why does Tereus believe that his relationship with Procne is doomed from the start?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)