|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many eyes.
(b) He has many teeth.
(c) He has many ears.
(d) He has many tongues.
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(a) Sea urchins.
3. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Five days.
(d) Five years.
4. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
5. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To marry Medea.
(b) To take back the golden fleece.
(c) To return the gold he stole.
(d) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
2. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
3. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
4. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
5. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ovid, how is the earth created?
2. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
3. What is a Minotaur, and what is Minos' reaction to it?
4. How is Hercules killed?
5. What is Narcissus' reaction to Echo's advances, and how does she respond?
6. Who are Philemon and Baucis?
7. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
8. What prophecy does Meleager's mother remember in regards to her son's life and death?
9. What is the result of Phaeton's visit to the Sun?
10. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)