|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He wrestles it.
(b) He stabs it.
(c) He drowns it.
(d) He sets it on fire.
2. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The gift of everlasting life.
(b) The ability to love.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The ability to prophecy.
3. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
(a) Clytie extinguishes the Sun.
(b) Clytie has Leucothoe buried alive.
(c) Clytie kills herself from the anguish.
(d) Clytie tears Leucothoe's heart out.
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(d) Sea urchins.
5. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(b) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(c) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(d) Because their fathers are both murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
2. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
3. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
4. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
5. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Cupid's first two arrows shoot, and what is the outcome?
2. What does Minos continually have a recurring dream about?
3. How is Hercules killed?
4. How is Pentheus killed?
5. What is the response to the three sisters who sit around gossiping and telling impious stories?
6. What condition does Jupiter come up with for the return of Proserpina from the underworld?
7. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
8. What happens when Cephalus calls for a breeze to cool him in the woods?
9. Why does Tereus believe that his relationship with Procne is doomed from the start?
10. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe kill themselves?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)