|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to age more quickly.
(b) The begin to age more slowly.
(c) They begin to grow in girth.
(d) They begin to grow in height.
2. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
3. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
4. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
(a) A leaf.
(b) A river tide.
(c) A log.
(d) A snowflake.
5. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A badger.
(b) A boar.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
2. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
4. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
5. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Phaeton's visit to the Sun?
2. Who do Cupid's first two arrows shoot, and what is the outcome?
3. How does the competition between Minerva and Arachne progress?
4. What happens after Juno enlists Tisiphone to help her extract her revenge on Athamas and Ino?
5. How is Hercules killed?
6. Why does Tereus believe that his relationship with Procne is doomed from the start?
7. What happens when Jupiter goes to visit Lycaon?
8. What is Narcissus' reaction to Echo's advances, and how does she respond?
9. Why is the beautiful princess transformed into a Crow?
10. What significant events happen surrounding the birth of Hercules?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)