|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
2. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
(a) It is transparent.
(b) It is the color of gold.
(c) It is impenetrable.
(d) It flakes off his body when touched.
3. Where does Orpheus go to attempt to win back his wife?
(a) The underworld.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The vally of the gods.
4. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
5. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
6. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Pole vaulting.
(b) Disc throwing.
(c) Hurtle jumping.
7. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
8. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is saddened.
9. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
(a) By stoning him.
(b) By poisoning him.
(c) By drowning him.
(d) By setting him on fire.
10. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
11. How does Circe attempt to lure Picus into the woods?
(a) With a pot of silver coins.
(b) With a magical boar.
(c) With golden apples.
(d) With a beautiful tree nymph.
12. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
13. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is heartbroken.
(d) She is amused.
14. What type of nymph is Galatea?
(a) A sea nymph.
(b) A tree nymph.
(c) A fire nymph.
(d) A flower nymph.
15. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
(a) A pack of centaurs.
(b) A hot desert.
(c) A storm.
(d) A famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
2. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
3. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
4. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
5. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)