|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A woodpecker.
(d) A blackbird.
2. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
3. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bird.
(d) A stream.
4. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
(a) By killing their first born son.
(b) By burning his ships.
(c) By poisoning the wife.
(d) By stabbing Aeneas' heart.
5. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
(a) A deer.
(b) A crow.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
7. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
(a) Transformation from mortal to goddess.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) The ability to propecy.
(d) The ability to fly.
8. What does Circe transform Scylla's lower body into?
(a) Dead fish.
(b) Mad dogs.
(c) Goat legs.
(d) Poisonous snakes.
9. What ears does Apollo place atop Midas' head?
10. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
11. Which goddess convinces the nymphs to transform the gates of Rome back to their original position?
12. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
(a) It flakes off his body when touched.
(b) It is the color of gold.
(c) It is transparent.
(d) It is impenetrable.
13. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
14. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He paints a portrait of her.
(b) He ties her up.
(c) He soothes her with poetry.
(d) He overpowers her.
15. How does the enemy of Rome get in to defeat the city?
(a) Mercury scorched the gates of Rome, melting the metal.
(b) Neptune gave the enemy wings to fly over the gates.
(c) Pluto made the enemy invisible so they could sneak past the gates' guards.
(d) Jupiter unlocked the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hippolytus die?
2. What lie is told about Iphis when she is born?
3. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
4. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
5. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)