|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(c) A stream.
(d) A bird.
2. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
3. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
(a) By burning his ships.
(b) By killing their first born son.
(c) By stabbing Aeneas' heart.
(d) By poisoning the wife.
4. How does Circe attempt to lure Picus into the woods?
(a) With a magical boar.
(b) With golden apples.
(c) With a pot of silver coins.
(d) With a beautiful tree nymph.
5. What type of nymph is Galatea?
(a) A sea nymph.
(b) A fire nymph.
(c) A tree nymph.
(d) A flower nymph.
6. Which goddess convinces the nymphs to transform the gates of Rome back to their original position?
7. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
8. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is saddened.
9. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
10. Which goddess sends omens to Julius Caesar about his fate?
11. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
12. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Building a house on someone else's land.
(b) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
(c) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
(d) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
13. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For raping his wife.
(b) For beating a donkey.
(c) For stealing from Midas.
(d) For killing his brother.
14. How does Hippolytus die?
(a) He is killed by a lightning bolt.
(b) He is bitten by a viper in the woods.
(c) He is dragged to death by his horses.
(d) He falls out of a Juniper tree.
15. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
(a) A pack of centaurs.
(b) A famine.
(c) A hot desert.
(d) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adonis die?
2. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
3. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
4. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
5. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)