|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
2. What does Diana sacrifice in the place of Iphigenia?
(a) A lamb.
(b) An calf.
(c) A goat.
(d) A doe.
3. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lion.
(c) A kangaroo.
(d) A whale.
4. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
(a) A deer.
(b) A crow.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
5. How do Aeneas' daughters escape their lives of slavery?
(a) They marry centaurs and live their lives in hiding.
(b) They slowly transform into marble statues.
(c) They transform into doves and fly away.
(d) They kill themselves and descend to the underworld.
6. What does Circe transform the soldiers scouting her island into?
7. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(b) Disc throwing.
(c) Pole vaulting.
(d) Hurtle jumping.
8. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
(a) A flowering rose bush.
(b) A weeping willow.
(c) A pool of water.
(d) A kingfisher.
9. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A boat anchor.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A glass bowl.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
11. What does the water nymph transform the attacking animals into?
12. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
13. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
14. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is repulsed.
15. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hecuba exact her revenge upon her son, Polymestor?
2. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
3. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
4. Which goddess sends omens to Julius Caesar about his fate?
5. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)