|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
2. Who inspires Myscelus to start the land of Crotana?
(c) King Midas.
3. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
4. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
(a) The river of Thates.
(b) Diana's shrine.
(c) Venus' statue.
(d) The wood nymph sanctuary.
5. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
6. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
(a) In a sea cave.
(b) In a tree truck.
(c) At the top of Mount Olympus.
(d) In the shadow of the clouds.
7. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
8. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
(a) A woodpecker.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A magpie.
(d) A blackbird.
9. What lie is told about Iphis when she is born?
(a) That she was a boy.
(b) That she was stolen from the womb.
(c) That she was a mortal.
(d) That she was a goddess.
10. What type of nymph is Galatea?
(a) A fire nymph.
(b) A tree nymph.
(c) A flower nymph.
(d) A sea nymph.
11. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) The shadow of a mountain.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A wave in the sea.
(d) The trunk of a tree.
12. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
13. What does Circe transform Scylla's lower body into?
(a) Mad dogs.
(b) Poisonous snakes.
(c) Goat legs.
(d) Dead fish.
14. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
(a) She is heartbroken.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is amused.
15. Where does Orpheus go to attempt to win back his wife?
(a) The underworld.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The vally of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
2. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
3. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
4. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
5. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)