|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Jingling bells.
(b) Silver coins.
(c) Furry kittens.
(d) Golden apples.
2. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He paints a portrait of her.
(b) He soothes her with poetry.
(c) He overpowers her.
(d) He ties her up.
3. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
4. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For stealing from Midas.
(b) For beating a donkey.
(c) For killing his brother.
(d) For raping his wife.
5. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A whale.
(b) A bird.
(c) A lion.
(d) A kangaroo.
6. How does Hippolytus die?
(a) He is bitten by a viper in the woods.
(b) He falls out of a Juniper tree.
(c) He is dragged to death by his horses.
(d) He is killed by a lightning bolt.
7. Where does Orpheus go to attempt to win back his wife?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The vally of the gods.
(c) The heavens.
(d) Mount Olympus.
8. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the heel.
(d) In the elbow.
9. How is Acis killed?
(a) He is smashed by a giant boulder.
(b) He is starved by the nymph Hunger.
(c) He is drowned in a stormy sea.
(d) He is poisoned by a snake bite.
10. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
11. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
(a) A famine.
(b) A hot desert.
(c) A pack of centaurs.
(d) A storm.
12. Who sings a song for Eurydice that is so moving, even the harsh Fates begin to weep?
13. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
(a) In the shadow of the clouds.
(b) In a tree truck.
(c) At the top of Mount Olympus.
(d) In a sea cave.
14. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) A cloud.
(b) The shadow of a mountain.
(c) The trunk of a tree.
(d) A wave in the sea.
15. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Circe attempt to lure Picus into the woods?
2. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
3. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
4. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
5. Who inspires Myscelus to start the land of Crotana?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)