|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
2. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
3. How does the enemy of Rome get in to defeat the city?
(a) Mercury scorched the gates of Rome, melting the metal.
(b) Jupiter unlocked the gate.
(c) Neptune gave the enemy wings to fly over the gates.
(d) Pluto made the enemy invisible so they could sneak past the gates' guards.
4. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He overpowers her.
(b) He paints a portrait of her.
(c) He soothes her with poetry.
(d) He ties her up.
5. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
6. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
7. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is repulsed.
(d) He is excited.
8. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A man.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dove.
(d) A snake.
9. What type of bird is Daedalion transformed into when he jumps off the cliff?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A kingfisher.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A vulture.
10. What does Circe transform the soldiers scouting her island into?
11. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
12. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) The trunk of a tree.
(b) A wave in the sea.
(c) The shadow of a mountain.
(d) A cloud.
13. Which of the following activities does Atalanta challenge her potential suitors to?
(a) A foot race.
(b) A dance contest.
(c) A cookoff.
(d) A weaving competition.
14. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
15. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
2. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
3. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
4. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
5. Where does Circe find Scylla when she sets out to poison her?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)