|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Pole vaulting.
(c) Disc throwing.
(d) Hurtle jumping.
2. How does Hecuba exact her revenge upon her son, Polymestor?
(a) She scalps him while he sleeps.
(b) She poisons his stew.
(c) She gouges out his eyes.
(d) She sells him to the gypsies.
3. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
4. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
(a) A woman.
(b) The king's boat.
(c) A year's worth of grain harvest.
(d) A bag of gold.
5. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
6. Where does Circe find Scylla when she sets out to poison her?
(a) Eating under a grape tree.
(b) Reading a book in a field.
(c) Swimming in the sea.
(d) Sleeping in her bed.
7. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
(a) The wood nymph sanctuary.
(b) Diana's shrine.
(c) Venus' statue.
(d) The river of Thates.
8. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Silver coins.
(b) Furry kittens.
(c) Jingling bells.
(d) Golden apples.
9. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
11. How does Adonis die?
(a) He is trampled to death by stampeding livestock.
(b) He is drowned by an angry water nymph.
(c) He transforms into a flower and lives forever.
(d) He is mauled to death in the woods.
12. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
(a) That they will be quickly forgotten.
(b) That they will live forever.
(c) That they will be read only by philosophers.
(d) That they will change literature.
13. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
(b) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
(c) Building a house on someone else's land.
(d) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
14. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
(a) A tree.
(b) A man.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A bird.
15. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
2. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
3. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
4. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
5. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)