|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
(a) Eternal life.
(b) Transformation from mortal to goddess.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The ability to propecy.
2. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
3. How does Hippolytus die?
(a) He is killed by a lightning bolt.
(b) He falls out of a Juniper tree.
(c) He is dragged to death by his horses.
(d) He is bitten by a viper in the woods.
4. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
(a) A pack of centaurs.
(b) A storm.
(c) A hot desert.
(d) A famine.
5. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
(a) A kingfisher.
(b) A pool of water.
(c) A weeping willow.
(d) A flowering rose bush.
6. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A blackbird.
(c) A magpie.
(d) A woodpecker.
7. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) The trunk of a tree.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A wave in the sea.
(d) The shadow of a mountain.
8. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A spider.
(d) A snake.
9. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
10. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A bird.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A fish.
(d) A lion.
11. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
(a) A bird.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A crag.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
12. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Disc throwing.
(c) Pole vaulting.
(d) Hurtle jumping.
13. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
14. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His ancestral lines.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His battle scars.
(d) His fighting history.
15. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
(a) A year's worth of grain harvest.
(b) A woman.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) The king's boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
2. How is Acis killed?
3. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
4. How do Aeneas' daughters escape their lives of slavery?
5. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)