|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ciprius feel about being exiled from the land?
(a) He was apathetic.
(b) He was saddened.
(c) He was pleased.
(d) He was terrified.
2. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
3. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A crag.
(c) A piece of driftwood.
(d) A bird.
4. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Silver coins.
(b) Jingling bells.
(c) Golden apples.
(d) Furry kittens.
5. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a picnic.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a dinner party.
6. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
(a) By burning his ships.
(b) By poisoning the wife.
(c) By killing their first born son.
(d) By stabbing Aeneas' heart.
7. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
(a) A man.
(b) A bird.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A tree.
8. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
9. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
10. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Building a house on someone else's land.
(b) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
(c) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
(d) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
11. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A bird.
(b) A kangaroo.
(c) A lion.
(d) A whale.
12. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
(a) A pool of water.
(b) A weeping willow.
(c) A flowering rose bush.
(d) A kingfisher.
13. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
(a) A bird.
(b) A stream.
(c) A tree.
(d) A flower.
14. What job does Ganymede take over when he lives with Jupiter?
(c) Stable boy.
15. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is repulsed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
2. How does Adonis die?
3. What does Circe transform Scylla's lower body into?
4. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
5. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)