|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His fighting history.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His ancestral lines.
(d) His battle scars.
2. What type of bird is Daedalion transformed into when he jumps off the cliff?
(a) A kingfisher.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A hawk.
3. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
4. Which of the following activities does Atalanta challenge her potential suitors to?
(a) A dance contest.
(b) A foot race.
(c) A cookoff.
(d) A weaving competition.
5. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
(a) By dancing.
(b) By painting.
(c) By reciting poetry.
(d) By singing.
6. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
7. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Jingling bells.
(b) Furry kittens.
(c) Silver coins.
(d) Golden apples.
8. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
9. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
(b) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
(c) Building a house on someone else's land.
(d) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
10. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
(b) Clouds from the sky.
(c) Whole mountains.
11. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
12. How does Circe attempt to lure Picus into the woods?
(a) With a pot of silver coins.
(b) With golden apples.
(c) With a magical boar.
(d) With a beautiful tree nymph.
13. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
(a) The wood nymph sanctuary.
(b) The river of Thates.
(c) Venus' statue.
(d) Diana's shrine.
14. Where does Scylla hide out after her transformation?
(a) At the top of Mount Olympus.
(b) In the shadow of the clouds.
(c) In a sea cave.
(d) In a tree truck.
15. What lie is told about Iphis when she is born?
(a) That she was a mortal.
(b) That she was a goddess.
(c) That she was stolen from the womb.
(d) That she was a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
2. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
3. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
4. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
5. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)