|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
2. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
3. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
(a) It flakes off his body when touched.
(b) It is transparent.
(c) It is impenetrable.
(d) It is the color of gold.
4. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
5. Which goddess convinces the nymphs to transform the gates of Rome back to their original position?
6. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
7. What does everything that Midas touches turn into?
8. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Hurtle jumping.
(c) Disc throwing.
(d) Pole vaulting.
9. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
10. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
11. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
12. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
(a) That they will change literature.
(b) That they will be read only by philosophers.
(c) That they will be quickly forgotten.
(d) That they will live forever.
13. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
14. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
(a) Eternal life.
(b) The ability to fly.
(c) The ability to propecy.
(d) Transformation from mortal to goddess.
15. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A man.
(d) A dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
2. What does the water nymph transform the attacking animals into?
3. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
5. How does Julius Caesar react to the omens from the goddess?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)