|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Acis killed?
(a) He is starved by the nymph Hunger.
(b) He is poisoned by a snake bite.
(c) He is drowned in a stormy sea.
(d) He is smashed by a giant boulder.
2. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A bird.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A fish.
(d) A lion.
3. Where does Circe find Scylla when she sets out to poison her?
(a) Eating under a grape tree.
(b) Reading a book in a field.
(c) Swimming in the sea.
(d) Sleeping in her bed.
4. Who sings a song for Eurydice that is so moving, even the harsh Fates begin to weep?
5. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
6. Which of the following acts is considered treason in Rome?
(a) Leaving home and rebuilding in another city.
(b) Speaking ill of the Olympian gods.
(c) Harvesting your crops early in the season.
(d) Building a house on someone else's land.
7. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
8. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
(a) By setting him on fire.
(b) By poisoning him.
(c) By stoning him.
(d) By drowning him.
9. Which of the following is the way that Cipius finds himself altered by the gods.
(a) He grew horns on his head.
(b) He grew a forked tail, which he attemtped to hide in his trousers.
(c) His hands were transformed to hooves.
(d) He began to moo like a cow rather than speak.
10. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
11. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
12. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
13. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A snake.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A spider.
14. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
(a) In the elbow.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the heel.
(d) In the stomach.
15. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bird.
(c) A flower.
(d) A stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
2. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
3. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
4. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
5. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)