|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is heartbroken.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is relieved.
2. How does the enemy of Rome get in to defeat the city?
(a) Pluto made the enemy invisible so they could sneak past the gates' guards.
(b) Neptune gave the enemy wings to fly over the gates.
(c) Mercury scorched the gates of Rome, melting the metal.
(d) Jupiter unlocked the gate.
3. How does Hecuba exact her revenge upon her son, Polymestor?
(a) She poisons his stew.
(b) She gouges out his eyes.
(c) She scalps him while he sleeps.
(d) She sells him to the gypsies.
4. What does Diana sacrifice in the place of Iphigenia?
(a) A doe.
(b) A lamb.
(c) An calf.
(d) A goat.
5. What type of nymph is Galatea?
(a) A flower nymph.
(b) A tree nymph.
(c) A fire nymph.
(d) A sea nymph.
6. Which of the following activities does Atalanta challenge her potential suitors to?
(a) A dance contest.
(b) A foot race.
(c) A cookoff.
(d) A weaving competition.
7. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Pythagoras gives against the practice of eating meat?
(a) It is a savage practice.
(b) Nothing ever dies.
(c) Man could be eating his reincarnated relatives.
(d) It causes animals to suffer.
8. How does Ciprius feel about being exiled from the land?
(a) He was saddened.
(b) He was apathetic.
(c) He was pleased.
(d) He was terrified.
9. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
(a) Because he hates Hercules.
(b) Because Hercules asked him not to.
(c) Because Hercules wasn't at the battle.
(d) Because Hercules would be embarrassed.
10. How does Circe attempt to lure Picus into the woods?
(a) With golden apples.
(b) With a pot of silver coins.
(c) With a magical boar.
(d) With a beautiful tree nymph.
11. Which goddess sends omens to Julius Caesar about his fate?
12. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
13. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
14. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For stealing from Midas.
(b) For raping his wife.
(c) For killing his brother.
(d) For beating a donkey.
15. How does Byblis tell the family member that she is in love with him?
(a) In a poem.
(b) In a painting.
(c) In a letter.
(d) In a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Hecuba transformed into after she exacts her revenge on Polymestor?
2. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
3. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
4. Who inspires Myscelus to start the land of Crotana?
5. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)