|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
2. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
(a) A kingfisher.
(b) A pool of water.
(c) A flowering rose bush.
(d) A weeping willow.
3. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
4. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Pole vaulting.
(b) Disc throwing.
(c) Hurtle jumping.
5. Where does Circe find Scylla when she sets out to poison her?
(a) Reading a book in a field.
(b) Eating under a grape tree.
(c) Swimming in the sea.
(d) Sleeping in her bed.
6. How does Byblis tell the family member that she is in love with him?
(a) In a poem.
(b) In a song.
(c) In a painting.
(d) In a letter.
7. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
8. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A bird.
(b) A fish.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A lion.
9. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
10. Where does Orpheus go to attempt to win back his wife?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The vally of the gods.
(d) Mount Olympus.
11. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
(a) Transformation from mortal to goddess.
(b) The ability to propecy.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) Eternal life.
12. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
13. What does Circe transform Scylla's lower body into?
(a) Goat legs.
(b) Dead fish.
(c) Poisonous snakes.
(d) Mad dogs.
14. How does the enemy of Rome get in to defeat the city?
(a) Jupiter unlocked the gate.
(b) Mercury scorched the gates of Rome, melting the metal.
(c) Neptune gave the enemy wings to fly over the gates.
(d) Pluto made the enemy invisible so they could sneak past the gates' guards.
15. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
2. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
3. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
4. What does Diana sacrifice in the place of Iphigenia?
5. What does everything that Midas touches turn into?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)