|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
2. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For beating a donkey.
(b) For stealing from Midas.
(c) For raping his wife.
(d) For killing his brother.
3. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
4. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A blackbird.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A woodpecker.
5. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A spider.
(c) A snake.
(d) A weasel.
6. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A dog.
(b) A man.
(c) A dove.
(d) A snake.
7. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fish.
(c) A bird.
(d) A donkey.
8. What lie is told about Iphis when she is born?
(a) That she was a goddess.
(b) That she was a boy.
(c) That she was stolen from the womb.
(d) That she was a mortal.
9. Where does Circe find Scylla when she sets out to poison her?
(a) Swimming in the sea.
(b) Eating under a grape tree.
(c) Reading a book in a field.
(d) Sleeping in her bed.
10. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
(a) A tree.
(b) A stream.
(c) A bird.
(d) A flower.
11. What job does Ganymede take over when he lives with Jupiter?
(a) Stable boy.
12. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
13. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
14. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
(a) A year's worth of grain harvest.
(b) A woman.
(c) The king's boat.
(d) A bag of gold.
15. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Sacrifice her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Drown her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
2. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
3. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
4. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
5. How is Acis killed?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)