|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the enemy of Rome get in to defeat the city?
(a) Pluto made the enemy invisible so they could sneak past the gates' guards.
(b) Jupiter unlocked the gate.
(c) Mercury scorched the gates of Rome, melting the metal.
(d) Neptune gave the enemy wings to fly over the gates.
2. How does Glaucus respond to Circe when she offers herself to him?
(a) He is repulsed.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. What lie is told about Iphis when she is born?
(a) That she was a boy.
(b) That she was a goddess.
(c) That she was stolen from the womb.
(d) That she was a mortal.
4. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
5. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A dog.
(b) A dove.
(c) A snake.
(d) A man.
6. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
(a) Because he hates Hercules.
(b) Because Hercules wasn't at the battle.
(c) Because Hercules asked him not to.
(d) Because Hercules would be embarrassed.
7. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
8. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is heartbroken.
9. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Drown her.
(b) Burn her at the stake.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Sacrifice her.
10. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
11. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
12. What ears does Apollo place atop Midas' head?
13. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her uncle.
14. What type of nymph is Galatea?
(a) A sea nymph.
(b) A tree nymph.
(c) A flower nymph.
(d) A fire nymph.
15. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
2. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
3. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
4. How does Ciprius feel about being exiled from the land?
5. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)