|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
2. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lion.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A bird.
3. What is Numa's wife transformed into after she disturbs the landmark in the woods?
(a) A kingfisher.
(b) A pool of water.
(c) A weeping willow.
(d) A flowering rose bush.
4. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Sacrifice her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Drown her.
5. What is the name of Romulus' grandfather, whose throne he restored?
6. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
(a) Eternal life.
(b) The ability to propecy.
(c) Transformation from mortal to goddess.
(d) The ability to fly.
7. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
(a) By killing their first born son.
(b) By stabbing Aeneas' heart.
(c) By burning his ships.
(d) By poisoning the wife.
8. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
9. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
10. Which of the following characters is NOT included as an example in Pythagoras' explanation of aging?
11. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
12. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His battle scars.
(b) His fighting history.
(c) His ancestral lines.
(d) His intelligence.
13. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
(a) It is transparent.
(b) It is impenetrable.
(c) It flakes off his body when touched.
(d) It is the color of gold.
14. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(b) Hurtle jumping.
(c) Pole vaulting.
(d) Disc throwing.
15. Which of the following is the way that Cipius finds himself altered by the gods.
(a) His hands were transformed to hooves.
(b) He began to moo like a cow rather than speak.
(c) He grew horns on his head.
(d) He grew a forked tail, which he attemtped to hide in his trousers.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
3. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
4. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
5. What does everything that Midas touches turn into?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)