|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which goddess convinces the nymphs to transform the gates of Rome back to their original position?
2. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Golden apples.
(b) Furry kittens.
(c) Silver coins.
(d) Jingling bells.
3. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A glass bowl.
(c) A boat anchor.
(d) A tree branch.
4. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
5. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A dove.
(b) A man.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
6. What landmark is disturbed when Numa's wife is in the woods mourning his death?
(a) The river of Thates.
(b) The wood nymph sanctuary.
(c) Diana's shrine.
(d) Venus' statue.
7. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
8. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
(a) A man.
(b) A tree.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A bird.
9. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For stealing from Midas.
(b) For beating a donkey.
(c) For killing his brother.
(d) For raping his wife.
10. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
11. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a dinner party.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a picnic.
(d) At a wedding.
12. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A woodpecker.
(c) A blackbird.
(d) A magpie.
13. What does Circe transform the soldiers scouting her island into?
14. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
15. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Hurtle jumping.
(b) Pole vaulting.
(c) Disc throwing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ciprius feel about being exiled from the land?
2. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
3. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
4. What type of nymph is Galatea?
5. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)