|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Sacrifice her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Burn her at the stake.
(d) Drown her.
2. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Pole vaulting.
(b) Hurtle jumping.
(d) Disc throwing.
3. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
(a) By dancing.
(b) By singing.
(c) By reciting poetry.
(d) By painting.
4. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
5. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
6. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A boat anchor.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A boulder.
(d) A glass bowl.
7. How does Turnus attempt to exact his revenge on Aeneas after they are both promised the same woman in marriage?
(a) By killing their first born son.
(b) By poisoning the wife.
(c) By stabbing Aeneas' heart.
(d) By burning his ships.
8. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
9. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
(a) To both men to split between them.
(b) To Ajax.
(c) To Ulysses.
(d) To neither of the men.
10. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dove.
(c) A man.
(d) A dog.
11. What type of bird is Picus transformed into when he rebukes Circe's advances?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A blackbird.
(c) A woodpecker.
(d) A sparrow.
12. Whose armor is fought over between Ajax and Ulysses?
13. What is Hippolytus' name changed to when he is given a second life?
14. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
15. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A snake.
(c) A weasel.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
2. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
3. What does everything that Midas touches turn into?
4. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
5. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)