|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
2. Who gives Romulus the gift of immortality after her restores his grandfather's throne?
3. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
5. How does the enemy of Rome get in to defeat the city?
(a) Mercury scorched the gates of Rome, melting the metal.
(b) Neptune gave the enemy wings to fly over the gates.
(c) Pluto made the enemy invisible so they could sneak past the gates' guards.
(d) Jupiter unlocked the gate.
6. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
7. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fish.
(c) A bird.
(d) A donkey.
8. What form does Aesculapius take when relieving the Romans of their plague?
(a) A man.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dove.
9. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Disc throwing.
(b) Pole vaulting.
(c) Hurtle jumping.
10. What gift is Sibyl given from Apollo?
(a) The ability to propecy.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) Transformation from mortal to goddess.
(d) The ability to fly.
11. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
12. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His fighting history.
(b) His ancestral lines.
(c) His battle scars.
(d) His intelligence.
13. Who rescues Ulysses from Circe's evil magic, allowing him to rescue his men?
14. In the epilogue, what does Ovid say about his words?
(a) That they will be quickly forgotten.
(b) That they will live forever.
(c) That they will be read only by philosophers.
(d) That they will change literature.
15. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
2. Which of the following activities does Atalanta challenge her potential suitors to?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
4. What is Scylla transformed into when she is attempting to destroy Aeneas' fleet?
5. What does the water nymph transform the attacking animals into?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)