|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A black hole.
(b) A stream.
(c) A gravestone.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
(b) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
(c) Complete the tasks for Jason.
(d) Help him through magical tasks.
3. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A spider.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A moth.
(d) A cockroach.
4. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
5. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
6. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(b) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(c) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(d) Because their fathers are both murderers.
7. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She transforms them into rats.
(b) She turns them to stone.
(c) She drowns them in a river.
(d) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
8. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
9. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To light his sky.
(b) To hold his lightning rod.
(c) To flower his earth.
(d) To ride in his chariot.
10. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To take back the golden fleece.
(b) To marry Medea.
(c) To return the gold he stole.
(d) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
11. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
12. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills all of them.
(b) She kills her brother.
(c) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(d) She kills her son.
13. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are mother-daughter.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are sisters.
14. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Light from dark.
(c) Land from water.
(d) Humans from gods.
15. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Bronze Age.
(b) The Iron Age.
(c) The Gold Age.
(d) The Silver Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
2. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
3. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
4. Who is Phaeton's father?
5. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)