|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the tree branches.
(b) In the water pods.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the underworld.
2. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(b) Wear your garments loose.
(c) Cover your head.
(d) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She stabs herself through the heart.
(b) She holds her breath until she dies.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She drinks poison.
4. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A cow.
(b) A rat.
(c) A flower.
(d) A swan.
5. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
6. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A shark.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
7. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
8. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In their same home.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the clouds.
9. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) The begin to age more slowly.
(b) They begin to grow in girth.
(c) They begin to age more quickly.
(d) They begin to grow in height.
10. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A flower.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tree.
11. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
(a) A scholar to study with him.
(b) An ally to fight with him.
(c) A woman to marry him.
(d) An artist to create with him.
12. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A flood.
(d) A fire.
13. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A princess.
(c) A swan.
(d) A young girl.
14. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through woven tapestries.
(b) Through written letters.
(c) Through eye blinking.
(d) Through smoke signals.
15. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she rebuked his advances.
(b) Because she lied about her identity.
(c) Because she has stolen from him.
(d) Because she has been unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
2. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
3. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
4. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
5. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)