|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A hickory tree.
(d) An olive tree.
2. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's fiance.
(b) Andromeda's brother.
(c) Perseus' mother.
(d) Perseus' wife.
3. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To light his sky.
(b) To hold his lightning rod.
(c) To ride in his chariot.
(d) To flower his earth.
4. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
5. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To return the gold he stole.
(b) To take back the golden fleece.
(c) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(d) To marry Medea.
6. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are mother-daughter.
(d) They are best friends.
7. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(d) Green vines.
8. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(b) Winged horses.
9. What part of her father's body does Scylla present to Minos in an act of love?
(a) His spine.
(b) His heart.
(c) His scalp.
(d) His eyes.
10. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Silver Age.
(b) The Iron Age.
(c) The Gold Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
11. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A moth.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A spider.
(d) A cockroach.
12. What type of bird does Scylla's father transform into after his death?
(a) A penguin.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A swan.
(d) A flamingo.
13. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
14. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she lied about her identity.
(b) Because she has been unfaithful.
(c) Because she has stolen from him.
(d) Because she rebuked his advances.
15. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A tree.
(b) A flower.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
4. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
5. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)