|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The ability to prophecy.
(c) The ability to love.
(d) The gift of everlasting life.
2. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has been unfaithful.
(b) Because she has stolen from him.
(c) Because she lied about her identity.
(d) Because she rebuked his advances.
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills her son.
(b) She kills her brother.
(c) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(d) She kills all of them.
6. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
7. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's brother.
(b) Perseus' wife.
(c) Andromeda's fiance.
(d) Perseus' mother.
8. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
(a) An ally to fight with him.
(b) An artist to create with him.
(c) A woman to marry him.
(d) A scholar to study with him.
9. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
10. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to grow in girth.
(b) The begin to age more slowly.
(c) They begin to grow in height.
(d) They begin to age more quickly.
11. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
12. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through written letters.
(b) Through woven tapestries.
(c) Through smoke signals.
(d) Through eye blinking.
13. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A giant wave.
(b) A lightning bolt.
(c) A sword.
(d) A wild animal.
14. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His ability to love.
(c) His gender.
(d) His speech.
15. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
2. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
3. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
4. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
5. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)