|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird does Scylla's father transform into after his death?
(a) A penguin.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A swan.
2. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Perseus' wife.
(b) Andromeda's brother.
(c) Perseus' mother.
(d) Andromeda's fiance.
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Land from water.
(b) Humans from gods.
(c) Light from dark.
(d) Heavy air from light air.
4. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A cariboo.
(c) A bull.
(d) A moose.
5. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) The begin to age more slowly.
(b) They begin to grow in height.
(c) They begin to age more quickly.
(d) They begin to grow in girth.
6. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
7. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A princess.
8. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
(a) Clytie kills herself from the anguish.
(b) Clytie has Leucothoe buried alive.
(c) Clytie tears Leucothoe's heart out.
(d) Clytie extinguishes the Sun.
9. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
10. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
(a) A woman to marry him.
(b) An ally to fight with him.
(c) A scholar to study with him.
(d) An artist to create with him.
11. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In the tree branches.
(d) In the water pods.
12. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(b) Remove the skin from his body.
(c) Shave off all their father's hair.
(d) Drain him of his blood.
13. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A fire.
(b) A flood.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A monsoon.
14. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For stealing crops from the poor.
(b) For being good parents.
(c) For blaspheming her name.
(d) For killing a water nymph.
15. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
2. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
3. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
4. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
5. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)