|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Iron Age.
(b) The Gold Age.
(c) The Silver Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
2. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He drinks a vile of poison.
(b) He drowns himself in the sea.
(c) He stabs himself with a sword.
(d) He tears his own heart in two.
3. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A princess.
(c) A swan.
(d) A young girl.
4. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
5. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
(c) A woman.
(d) A fish.
6. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(b) She transforms them into rats.
(c) She drowns them in a river.
(d) She turns them to stone.
7. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A princess.
8. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills her brother.
(b) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(c) She kills all of them.
(d) She kills her son.
9. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
10. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(c) Winged horses.
11. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
12. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(b) To take back the golden fleece.
(c) To return the gold he stole.
(d) To marry Medea.
13. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through written letters.
(b) Through eye blinking.
(c) Through woven tapestries.
(d) Through smoke signals.
14. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
15. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
2. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
3. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
4. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
5. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)