|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
3. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's brother.
(b) Andromeda's fiance.
(c) Perseus' mother.
(d) Perseus' wife.
4. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(b) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(c) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(d) Because their fathers are both murderers.
5. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
6. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
7. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
8. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
9. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
10. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
11. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through woven tapestries.
(c) Through written letters.
(d) Through eye blinking.
12. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
13. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She blinds him.
(b) She deafens him.
(c) She mutes him.
(d) She shrinks him.
14. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A bear.
(b) A lion.
(c) A shark.
(d) A vulture.
15. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(b) Tereus' father.
(c) Tereus' son.
(d) Tereus' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
2. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
3. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
4. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
5. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)