|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the underworld.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In their same home.
(d) In the clouds.
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(a) Sea urchins.
3. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
4. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) An olive tree.
(c) A hickory tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
5. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to grow in height.
(b) The begin to age more slowly.
(c) They begin to age more quickly.
(d) They begin to grow in girth.
6. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A spider.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A moth.
7. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
8. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The Wind.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Sea.
9. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills her son.
(b) She kills her brother.
(c) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(d) She kills all of them.
10. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He tears his own heart in two.
(b) He drowns himself in the sea.
(c) He drinks a vile of poison.
(d) He stabs himself with a sword.
11. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
12. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
13. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He sets it on fire.
(b) He stabs it.
(c) He drowns it.
(d) He wrestles it.
14. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She drinks poison.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She holds her breath until she dies.
15. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many tongues.
(b) He has many eyes.
(c) He has many teeth.
(d) He has many ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
2. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
3. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
4. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)