|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She stabs herself through the heart.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She drinks poison.
(d) She holds her breath until she dies.
3. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Cover your head.
(b) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(c) Wear your garments loose.
(d) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
4. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
5. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To hold his lightning rod.
(b) To ride in his chariot.
(c) To flower his earth.
(d) To light his sky.
6. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
(a) A leaf.
(b) A river tide.
(c) A snowflake.
(d) A log.
7. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the tree branches.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the water pods.
8. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Silver Age.
(b) The Iron Age.
(c) The Gold Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
9. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
10. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
(b) A fish.
(d) A woman.
11. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(b) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(c) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
12. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
13. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
14. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
15. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to grow in height.
(b) The begin to age more slowly.
(c) They begin to age more quickly.
(d) They begin to grow in girth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
2. Who is Phaeton's father?
3. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
5. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)