|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She drinks poison.
(b) She holds her breath until she dies.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She stabs herself through the heart.
2. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
3. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the pool.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the bedroom.
4. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Perseus' mother.
(b) Andromeda's fiance.
(c) Perseus' wife.
(d) Andromeda's brother.
5. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(c) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(d) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
6. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
7. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
8. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
9. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
10. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
(a) A fish.
(b) A woman.
11. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(b) Remove the skin from his body.
(c) Shave off all their father's hair.
(d) Drain him of his blood.
12. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A bear.
(c) A shark.
(d) A lion.
13. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
14. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' father.
(b) Tereus' mother.
(d) Tereus' son.
15. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A swan.
(b) A cow.
(c) A flower.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
3. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
4. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
5. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)