|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
3. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many tongues.
(b) He has many teeth.
(c) He has many eyes.
(d) He has many ears.
4. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(b) Tereus' son.
(c) Tereus' mother.
(d) Tereus' father.
5. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
6. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
7. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
8. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
(a) A spear.
(b) A gun.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A sword.
9. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
10. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bear.
(c) A fox.
(d) A deer.
11. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(c) Sea urchins.
12. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
(a) An apple.
(b) A cloak.
(c) A crown.
(d) A pair of shoes.
13. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) A hickory tree.
(c) An olive tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
14. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She drowns them in a river.
(b) She turns them to stone.
(c) She transforms them into rats.
(d) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
15. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Light from dark.
(b) Heavy air from light air.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Land from water.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
2. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
3. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
4. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)