|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
2. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to prophecy.
(b) The gift of everlasting life.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The ability to love.
3. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
4. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
5. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A boar.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A badger.
6. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A giant.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A minotaur.
7. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
8. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Help him through magical tasks.
(b) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
(c) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
(d) Complete the tasks for Jason.
9. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
10. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the pool.
(d) In the woods.
11. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
12. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(b) Cover your head.
(c) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(d) Wear your garments loose.
13. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(b) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(c) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(d) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
14. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through eye blinking.
(c) Through woven tapestries.
(d) Through written letters.
15. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He drowns himself in the sea.
(b) He stabs himself with a sword.
(c) He tears his own heart in two.
(d) He drinks a vile of poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Phaeton's father?
2. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
3. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
4. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
5. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)