|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn people to stone.
(b) The power to turn people to snakes.
(c) The power to turn objects to gold.
(d) The power to turn water to wine.
2. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A hickory tree.
(b) A laurel tree.
(c) An olive tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
3. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are mother-daughter.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are sisters.
4. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
5. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's fiance.
(b) Andromeda's brother.
(c) Perseus' mother.
(d) Perseus' wife.
6. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she rebuked his advances.
(b) Because she lied about her identity.
(c) Because she has been unfaithful.
(d) Because she has stolen from him.
7. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A princess.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A warrior.
8. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
9. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
10. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
11. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She shrinks him.
(b) She blinds him.
(c) She deafens him.
(d) She mutes him.
12. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to prophecy.
(b) The ability to love.
(c) The gift of everlasting life.
(d) The ability to fly.
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
14. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
15. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
2. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
3. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
4. Who is Phaeton's father?
5. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)