|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A spider.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) A moth.
2. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A deer.
(b) A fox.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A bear.
5. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Drain him of his blood.
(b) Shave off all their father's hair.
(c) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(d) Remove the skin from his body.
6. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Humans from gods.
(b) Land from water.
(c) Heavy air from light air.
(d) Light from dark.
7. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A shark.
(b) A lion.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A bear.
8. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She drowns them in a river.
(b) She transforms them into rats.
(c) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(d) She turns them to stone.
9. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A minotaur.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A giant.
10. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
11. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
12. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
13. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A princess.
(d) A nymph.
14. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He drowns himself in the sea.
(b) He tears his own heart in two.
(c) He drinks a vile of poison.
(d) He stabs himself with a sword.
15. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
2. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
3. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
4. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
5. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)