|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
2. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to grow in girth.
(b) The begin to age more slowly.
(c) They begin to grow in height.
(d) They begin to age more quickly.
3. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Remove the skin from his body.
(b) Shave off all their father's hair.
(c) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(d) Drain him of his blood.
4. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To ride in his chariot.
(b) To light his sky.
(c) To flower his earth.
(d) To hold his lightning rod.
5. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are mother-daughter.
6. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
7. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
8. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His music.
(b) His wife.
(c) His gold.
(d) His flocks.
9. What does Hercules break off of Achelous during their battle?
(a) His wings.
(b) His nose.
(c) His collarbones.
(d) His horn.
10. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
11. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A giant wave.
(b) A sword.
(c) A wild animal.
(d) A lightning bolt.
12. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A magnolia.
(b) A lily.
(c) A narcissis.
(d) A lotus.
13. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A princess.
14. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A swan.
(b) A princess.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young girl.
15. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A spider.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A moth.
(d) A cockroach.
Short Answer Questions
1. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
2. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
3. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
4. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
5. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)