Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His gold.
(b) His wife.
(c) His music.
(d) His flocks.
2. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
3. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A log.
(d) A river tide.
4. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many tongues.
(b) He has many eyes.
(c) He has many teeth.
(d) He has many ears.
5. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through written letters.
(b) Through eye blinking.
(c) Through smoke signals.
(d) Through woven tapestries.
6. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
7. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To ride in his chariot.
(b) To flower his earth.
(c) To hold his lightning rod.
(d) To light his sky.
8. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(b) She turns them to stone.
(c) She transforms them into rats.
(d) She drowns them in a river.
9. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Drain him of his blood.
(b) Shave off all their father's hair.
(c) Remove the skin from his body.
(d) Cut off one of their father's toes.
10. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The gods.
(b) The muses.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The skies.
11. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Wind.
(b) The Sea.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The Sun.
12. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
13. What does Hercules break off of Achelous during their battle?
(a) His wings.
(b) His horn.
(c) His nose.
(d) His collarbones.
14. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
(a) Clytie tears Leucothoe's heart out.
(b) Clytie has Leucothoe buried alive.
(c) Clytie extinguishes the Sun.
(d) Clytie kills herself from the anguish.
15. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A boar.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A badger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
2. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
3. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
4. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
5. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)