|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(b) She kills all of them.
(c) She kills her brother.
(d) She kills her son.
2. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
3. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A sword.
(b) A giant wave.
(c) A wild animal.
(d) A lightning bolt.
4. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
5. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A magnolia.
(b) A narcissis.
(c) A lily.
(d) A lotus.
6. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
(b) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
(c) Complete the tasks for Jason.
(d) Help him through magical tasks.
7. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A princess.
(b) A swan.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young girl.
8. What type of bird does Scylla's father transform into after his death?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) A penguin.
(d) A swan.
9. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A cloak.
(c) An apple.
(d) A crown.
10. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
11. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has stolen from him.
(b) Because she lied about her identity.
(c) Because she rebuked his advances.
(d) Because she has been unfaithful.
12. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(b) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(c) Cover your head.
(d) Wear your garments loose.
13. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A spider.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A moth.
14. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
15. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
3. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
4. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
5. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)