|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A giant.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) A centaur.
2. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Five years.
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She holds her breath until she dies.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She drinks poison.
4. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She shrinks him.
(b) She deafens him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She mutes him.
5. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
6. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He drinks a vile of poison.
(b) He drowns himself in the sea.
(c) He tears his own heart in two.
(d) He stabs himself with a sword.
7. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(b) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(c) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
8. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A swan.
(d) A princess.
9. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
(b) A woman.
(d) A fish.
10. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For stealing crops from the poor.
(b) For killing a water nymph.
(c) For being good parents.
(d) For blaspheming her name.
11. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He drowns it.
(b) He wrestles it.
(c) He stabs it.
(d) He sets it on fire.
12. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Complete the tasks for Jason.
(b) Help him through magical tasks.
(c) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
(d) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
13. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
14. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(c) Green vines.
15. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Shave off all their father's hair.
(b) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(c) Remove the skin from his body.
(d) Drain him of his blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
4. What part of her father's body does Scylla present to Minos in an act of love?
5. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)