|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
2. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's brother.
(b) Andromeda's fiance.
(c) Perseus' wife.
(d) Perseus' mother.
3. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
(a) A spear.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sword.
4. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
(a) A moose.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A bull.
(d) A cariboo.
5. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Cover your head.
(b) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(c) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(d) Wear your garments loose.
6. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
7. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
8. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
9. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A boar.
(d) A badger.
10. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Bronze Age.
(b) The Gold Age.
(c) The Iron Age.
(d) The Silver Age.
11. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
12. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
13. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A princess.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A warrior.
14. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
15. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
2. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
3. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
4. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
5. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)