|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
2. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
5. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She deafens him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She shrinks him.
6. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
7. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Land from water.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Light from dark.
8. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He wrestles it.
(b) He drowns it.
(c) He sets it on fire.
(d) He stabs it.
9. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
10. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A fire.
(d) A flood.
11. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A badger.
(d) A boar.
12. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A swan.
(b) A flower.
(c) A cow.
(d) A rat.
13. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has stolen from him.
(b) Because she has been unfaithful.
(c) Because she rebuked his advances.
(d) Because she lied about her identity.
14. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A sword.
(c) A giant wave.
(d) A lightning bolt.
15. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
(b) Complete the tasks for Jason.
(c) Help him through magical tasks.
(d) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
4. Who is Phaeton's father?
5. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)