|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
2. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A swan.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A princess.
3. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
4. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A giant.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) A centaur.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
6. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(b) Winged horses.
7. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the pool.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the clouds.
8. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
(a) Clytie kills herself from the anguish.
(b) Clytie tears Leucothoe's heart out.
(c) Clytie has Leucothoe buried alive.
(d) Clytie extinguishes the Sun.
9. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many tongues.
(b) He has many ears.
(c) He has many teeth.
(d) He has many eyes.
10. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A fire.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A flood.
11. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
(b) Help him through magical tasks.
(c) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
(d) Complete the tasks for Jason.
12. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His music.
(b) His gold.
(c) His wife.
(d) His flocks.
13. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
14. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(b) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(c) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(d) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
15. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(b) Green vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
2. What power does Medusa's head hold?
3. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
4. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
5. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)