|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 15: The Death of Numa | Book 15: Hippolytus | Book 15: Cipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
(a) By setting him on fire.
(b) By stoning him.
(c) By drowning him.
(d) By poisoning him.
2. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Disc throwing.
(c) Pole vaulting.
(d) Hurtle jumping.
3. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(c) His reflection.
4. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(b) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(c) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(d) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For stealing crops from the poor.
(b) For blaspheming her name.
(c) For being good parents.
(d) For killing a water nymph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
2. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
3. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
4. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
5. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)