|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 15: The Death of Numa | Book 15: Hippolytus | Book 15: Cipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about Cycnus' skin?
(a) It is transparent.
(b) It is impenetrable.
(c) It flakes off his body when touched.
(d) It is the color of gold.
2. How does Circe attempt to lure Picus into the woods?
(a) With a beautiful tree nymph.
(b) With a pot of silver coins.
(c) With golden apples.
(d) With a magical boar.
3. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn water to wine.
(b) The power to turn people to snakes.
(c) The power to turn people to stone.
(d) The power to turn objects to gold.
4. What is the name of the nymph sent to Alcyone to inform her of Ceyx's death?
5. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He wrestles it.
(b) He stabs it.
(c) He drowns it.
(d) He sets it on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
2. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
3. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
4. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
5. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)