|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 15: The Death of Numa | Book 15: Hippolytus | Book 15: Cipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Remove the skin from his body.
(b) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(c) Shave off all their father's hair.
(d) Drain him of his blood.
2. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
3. What is Anaxerta transformed into after she rebukes Iphis?
4. How does Hecuba exact her revenge upon her son, Polymestor?
(a) She scalps him while he sleeps.
(b) She sells him to the gypsies.
(c) She poisons his stew.
(d) She gouges out his eyes.
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal makes up half of Pan's body?
2. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
4. Who does Chione liken herself to in beauty?
5. Whose oracle does Ceyx seek out for advice after his livestock are attacked?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)