|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 15: The Death of Numa | Book 15: Hippolytus | Book 15: Cipus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) A giant.
2. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
3. How does Galatea respond to Acis' death?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is heartbroken.
(d) She is apathetic.
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(d) Sea urchins.
5. What does Circe transform Scylla's lower body into?
(a) Poisonous snakes.
(b) Dead fish.
(c) Goat legs.
(d) Mad dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
2. How does Adonis die?
3. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
4. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
5. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)