|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Fall of Troy | Book 13: Hecuba, Polyxena, and Polydorus | Book 13: Memnon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
(a) By dancing.
(b) By painting.
(c) By reciting poetry.
(d) By singing.
2. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
3. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A year's worth of grain harvest.
(c) A woman.
(d) The king's boat.
4. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A crown.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) An apple.
5. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A bear.
(c) A flower.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
2. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
4. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
5. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)