|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Fall of Troy | Book 13: Hecuba, Polyxena, and Polydorus | Book 13: Memnon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the tree branches.
(b) In the water pods.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the clouds.
2. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
(a) A woman.
(b) The king's boat.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) A year's worth of grain harvest.
3. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
(a) A stream.
(b) A bird.
(c) A tree.
(d) A flower.
4. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Sacrifice her.
(d) Drown her.
5. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For beating a donkey.
(b) For killing his brother.
(c) For raping his wife.
(d) For stealing from Midas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
2. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
3. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
4. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
5. Who sings a song for Eurydice that is so moving, even the harsh Fates begin to weep?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)