|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Fall of Troy | Book 13: Hecuba, Polyxena, and Polydorus | Book 13: Memnon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
2. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
(a) Clytie kills herself from the anguish.
(b) Clytie has Leucothoe buried alive.
(c) Clytie extinguishes the Sun.
(d) Clytie tears Leucothoe's heart out.
3. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills all of them.
(b) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(c) She kills her brother.
(d) She kills her son.
4. How does Hecuba exact her revenge upon her son, Polymestor?
(a) She gouges out his eyes.
(b) She poisons his stew.
(c) She sells him to the gypsies.
(d) She scalps him while he sleeps.
5. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A badger.
(b) A boar.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member does Byblis inappropriately fall in love with?
2. What type of animal begins attacking Ceyx's livestock?
3. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
4. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
5. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)