|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Fall of Troy | Book 13: Hecuba, Polyxena, and Polydorus | Book 13: Memnon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
2. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A giant.
(d) A minotaur.
3. How does Adonis die?
(a) He is drowned by an angry water nymph.
(b) He transforms into a flower and lives forever.
(c) He is trampled to death by stampeding livestock.
(d) He is mauled to death in the woods.
4. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He wrestles it.
(b) He drowns it.
(c) He sets it on fire.
(d) He stabs it.
5. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A lily.
(b) A narcissis.
(c) A lotus.
(d) A magnolia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
2. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)