|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Fall of Troy | Book 13: Hecuba, Polyxena, and Polydorus | Book 13: Memnon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Byblis tell the family member that she is in love with him?
(a) In a poem.
(b) In a song.
(c) In a painting.
(d) In a letter.
2. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Humans from gods.
(c) Light from dark.
(d) Land from water.
3. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To ride in his chariot.
(b) To flower his earth.
(c) To hold his lightning rod.
(d) To light his sky.
4. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A spider.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A moth.
5. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She shrinks him.
(b) She deafens him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She mutes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
3. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
4. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
5. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)