|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Fall of Troy | Book 13: Hecuba, Polyxena, and Polydorus | Book 13: Memnon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
2. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
(a) To Ajax.
(b) To Ulysses.
(c) To both men to split between them.
(d) To neither of the men.
3. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(b) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(c) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
4. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
(a) A moose.
(b) A cariboo.
(c) A bull.
(d) A buffalo.
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The muses.
(b) The skies.
(c) The gods.
(d) The heavens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
2. How does Adonis die?
3. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
4. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
5. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)