|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(c) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(d) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
2. How does Adonis die?
(a) He transforms into a flower and lives forever.
(b) He is drowned by an angry water nymph.
(c) He is trampled to death by stampeding livestock.
(d) He is mauled to death in the woods.
3. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many teeth.
(b) He has many ears.
(c) He has many tongues.
(d) He has many eyes.
4. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Land from water.
(b) Light from dark.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Heavy air from light air.
5. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
2. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
3. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)