|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venus give to Hippomenes to distract Atalanta?
(a) Jingling bells.
(b) Silver coins.
(c) Golden apples.
(d) Furry kittens.
2. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Light from dark.
(b) Humans from gods.
(c) Heavy air from light air.
(d) Land from water.
3. What is Eurydice bitten by on the day of her wedding?
(a) A snake.
(b) A spider.
(c) A weasel.
(d) A scorpion.
4. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The muses.
(b) The skies.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The gods.
5. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
2. What does Hercules break off of Achelous during their battle?
3. What does everything that Midas touches turn into?
4. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)