|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
2. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through woven tapestries.
(b) Through smoke signals.
(c) Through written letters.
(d) Through eye blinking.
3. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(b) To marry Medea.
(c) To return the gold he stole.
(d) To take back the golden fleece.
4. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He soothes her with poetry.
(b) He overpowers her.
(c) He paints a portrait of her.
(d) He ties her up.
5. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(d) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
2. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
3. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Myrrha?
5. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)