|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To return the gold he stole.
(b) To marry Medea.
(c) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(d) To take back the golden fleece.
2. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
3. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She deafens him.
(b) She mutes him.
(c) She shrinks him.
(d) She blinds him.
4. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A flood.
(b) A fire.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) A tornado.
5. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
2. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
3. How does Adonis die?
4. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
5. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)