|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Light from dark.
(b) Land from water.
(c) Heavy air from light air.
(d) Humans from gods.
2. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are mother-daughter.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are best friends.
3. Which family member does Myrrha inappropriately fall in love with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her uncle.
4. What ears does Apollo place atop Midas' head?
5. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
(a) Clytie has Leucothoe buried alive.
(b) Clytie tears Leucothoe's heart out.
(c) Clytie kills herself from the anguish.
(d) Clytie extinguishes the Sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laomedon promise to pay the gods for their help in building a wall around Troy?
2. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
3. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
4. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
5. What does Myrrha turn herself into to avoid being killed?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)