|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The skies.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The muses.
(d) The gods.
2. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Drown her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Sacrifice her.
3. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' son.
(b) Tereus' father.
(d) Tereus' mother.
4. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) A river tide.
(c) A log.
(d) A leaf.
5. What does everything that Midas touches turn into?
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
3. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
4. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
5. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)