|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through eye blinking.
(c) Through woven tapestries.
(d) Through written letters.
2. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(b) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(c) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(d) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
3. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A shark.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A vulture.
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. How do the women of Thracian attempt to kill Orpheus?
(a) By poisoning him.
(b) By stoning him.
(c) By drowning him.
(d) By setting him on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
2. What power does Medusa's head hold?
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
5. How does Adonis die?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)