|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His ability to love.
(b) His gender.
(c) His height.
(d) His speech.
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Humans from gods.
(b) Land from water.
(c) Heavy air from light air.
(d) Light from dark.
4. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In their same home.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the underworld.
5. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
2. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
3. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
4. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
5. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)