|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adonis die?
(a) He transforms into a flower and lives forever.
(b) He is trampled to death by stampeding livestock.
(c) He is drowned by an angry water nymph.
(d) He is mauled to death in the woods.
2. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
3. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A tree.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A flower.
(d) A bear.
4. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to prophecy.
(b) The gift of everlasting life.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The ability to love.
5. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Light from dark.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Land from water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
2. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
3. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)