|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11: Peleus and Thetis | Book 11: Daedalion | Book 11: The Cattle of Peleus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She deafens him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She shrinks him.
3. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Help him through magical tasks.
(b) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
(c) Complete the tasks for Jason.
(d) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
4. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Five days.
5. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
3. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
4. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)