|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
2. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
3. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the water pods.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the tree branches.
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
(a) To marry Medea.
(b) To return the gold he stole.
(c) To claim righful ownership to the sword.
(d) To take back the golden fleece.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
2. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
3. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
4. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
5. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)