|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A flower.
(b) A swan.
(c) A cow.
(d) A rat.
2. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A flood.
(b) A fire.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) A tornado.
3. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(d) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
2. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
3. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
4. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
5. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)