|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For being good parents.
(b) For killing a water nymph.
(c) For blaspheming her name.
(d) For stealing crops from the poor.
2. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A moth.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A spider.
(d) A cockroach.
3. What part of her father's body does Scylla present to Minos in an act of love?
(a) His scalp.
(b) His spine.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His heart.
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(b) Cover your head.
(c) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(d) Wear your garments loose.
5. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
4. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
5. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)