|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Light from dark.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Land from water.
2. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A princess.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A swan.
(d) A young girl.
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The violence of the Olympian gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
2. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
3. What type of bird does Scylla's father transform into after his death?
4. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)