|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(b) The dangers of the underworld.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The glory of the Olympian gods.
2. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His flocks.
(b) His gold.
(c) His wife.
(d) His music.
3. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
3. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
4. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)