|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A giant wave.
(b) A sword.
(c) A wild animal.
(d) A lightning bolt.
2. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A swan.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A flower.
3. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Gold Age.
(b) The Bronze Age.
(c) The Silver Age.
(d) The Iron Age.
4. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To flower his earth.
(b) To ride in his chariot.
(c) To hold his lightning rod.
(d) To light his sky.
5. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
3. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
4. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)