|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she lied about her identity.
(b) Because she has been unfaithful.
(c) Because she rebuked his advances.
(d) Because she has stolen from him.
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(b) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(c) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
3. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(b) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(c) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(d) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
4. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
(a) Beg her father to rethink the tasks.
(b) Complete the tasks for Jason.
(c) Help him through magical tasks.
(d) Kill her father so that Jason will not have to complete the tasks.
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For stealing crops from the poor.
(b) For killing a water nymph.
(c) For blaspheming her name.
(d) For being good parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
2. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
3. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
4. What is unique about Argus' face?
5. How does Pyramus kill himself?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)