|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' father.
(b) Tereus' mother.
(c) Tereus' son.
2. What animal, when mated with a human, produces a Minotaur?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A moose.
(c) A cariboo.
(d) A bull.
3. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
4. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Land from water.
(b) Heavy air from light air.
(c) Light from dark.
(d) Humans from gods.
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
2. With what is Phaeton killed?
3. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
4. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
5. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)