|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
2. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to love.
(b) The gift of everlasting life.
(c) The ability to prophecy.
(d) The ability to fly.
3. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many teeth.
(b) He has many ears.
(c) He has many eyes.
(d) He has many tongues.
4. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
5. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(b) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(c) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(d) Because their fathers are both murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
2. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
3. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
4. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
5. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)