|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Cover your head.
(b) Wear your garments loose.
(c) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(d) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
2. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
3. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Shave off all their father's hair.
(b) Drain him of his blood.
(c) Remove the skin from his body.
(d) Cut off one of their father's toes.
4. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's fiance.
(b) Andromeda's brother.
(c) Perseus' wife.
(d) Perseus' mother.
5. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
(a) A river tide.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A log.
(d) A snowflake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
2. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
3. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
4. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
5. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)