|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To ride in his chariot.
(b) To flower his earth.
(c) To light his sky.
(d) To hold his lightning rod.
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She holds her breath until she dies.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She drinks poison.
3. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The gods.
(b) The skies.
(c) The muses.
(d) The heavens.
4. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She blinds him.
(c) She deafens him.
(d) She shrinks him.
5. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
2. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
3. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
4. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
5. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)