|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(b) Drain him of his blood.
(c) Shave off all their father's hair.
(d) Remove the skin from his body.
2. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(c) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(d) The glory of the Olympian gods.
3. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A giant.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A centaur.
4. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
5. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Perseus' mother.
(b) Andromeda's fiance.
(c) Andromeda's brother.
(d) Perseus' wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
3. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
4. How does Pyramus kill himself?
5. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)