|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She blinds him.
(b) She deafens him.
(c) She mutes him.
(d) She shrinks him.
2. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A boar.
(d) A badger.
3. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) A hickory tree.
(c) A magnolia tree.
(d) An olive tree.
4. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
5. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A sword.
(c) A giant wave.
(d) A lightning bolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird does Scylla's father transform into after his death?
2. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
3. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
4. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)