|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The ability to love.
(c) The gift of everlasting life.
(d) The ability to prophecy.
2. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A flower.
(b) A swan.
(c) A cow.
(d) A rat.
3. What object represents Meleager's life according to an old prophecy?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) A river tide.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A log.
4. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does Medusa's head hold?
2. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
3. What part of her father's body does Scylla present to Minos in an act of love?
4. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)