|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Light from dark.
(b) Land from water.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Heavy air from light air.
2. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(b) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(c) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(d) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
3. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A boar.
(d) A badger.
4. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
5. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A swan.
(c) A princess.
(d) A young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
2. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
3. What is the name of the king who rules over Alcathous?
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)