|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn people to snakes.
(b) The power to turn water to wine.
(c) The power to turn objects to gold.
(d) The power to turn people to stone.
2. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
3. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A black hole.
(b) A gravestone.
(c) A stream.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
4. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
(a) She kills herself so that she won't have to choose sides.
(b) She kills all of them.
(c) She kills her brother.
(d) She kills her son.
5. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' son.
(c) Tereus' mother.
(d) Tereus' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Phaeton's father?
2. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
3. What type of animal does Meleager kill, giving all of the credit to Atalanta?
4. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
5. With what type of material are Icarus' wings fashioned?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)