|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(c) His reflection.
2. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
3. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The Sea.
(d) The Wind.
4. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(c) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(d) The violence of the Olympian gods.
5. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
2. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
3. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
4. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)