|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Scylla's father's hair?
2. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A giant.
3. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the pool.
4. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She blinds him.
(b) She mutes him.
(c) She shrinks him.
(d) She deafens him.
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
3. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
4. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
5. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)