|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
2. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' son.
(c) Tereus' father.
(d) Tereus' mother.
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She drinks poison.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She holds her breath until she dies.
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Wear your garments loose.
(b) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(c) Cover your head.
(d) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
5. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meleager's mother is faced with the prospect of choosing sides between her son and brothers, who does she decide to kill?
2. What is unique about Argus' face?
3. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
5. What power does Medusa's head hold?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)