|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To ride in his chariot.
(b) To light his sky.
(c) To flower his earth.
(d) To hold his lightning rod.
2. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A giant.
(b) A centaur.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A mermaid.
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(b) She turns them to stone.
(c) She transforms them into rats.
(d) She drowns them in a river.
4. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(b) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(c) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
5. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Light from dark.
(b) Heavy air from light air.
(c) Land from water.
(d) Humans from gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does Medusa's head hold?
2. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
3. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
4. What does Medea agree to do in exchange for marrying Jason?
5. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)