|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
(a) Clytie extinguishes the Sun.
(b) Clytie kills herself from the anguish.
(c) Clytie has Leucothoe buried alive.
(d) Clytie tears Leucothoe's heart out.
2. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A flower.
(b) A cow.
(c) A swan.
(d) A rat.
3. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A giant wave.
(b) A lightning bolt.
(c) A wild animal.
(d) A sword.
4. What does Jason ask Medea to give his ailing father?
5. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are mother-daughter.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
2. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
3. How does Pyramus kill himself?
4. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)