|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His ability to love.
(b) His gender.
(c) His speech.
(d) His height.
2. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Iron Age.
(b) The Bronze Age.
(c) The Silver Age.
(d) The Gold Age.
3. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His wife.
(b) His music.
(c) His gold.
(d) His flocks.
4. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The dangers of the underworld.
(d) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason arrive at King Aetes' court?
2. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
3. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
5. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)