|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A flower.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A swan.
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(b) Gold plated flowers.
(c) Green vines.
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She stabs herself through the heart.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She holds her breath until she dies.
(d) She drinks poison.
4. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Light from dark.
(b) Heavy air from light air.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Land from water.
5. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what animal does Medea practice her youth-building spell?
2. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
3. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
4. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
5. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)