|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Sea.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Wind.
(d) The Moon.
2. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
3. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To flower his earth.
(b) To ride in his chariot.
(c) To hold his lightning rod.
(d) To light his sky.
4. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
5. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Medea first sees Jason, which of the following best describes her response?
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
3. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
4. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
5. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)