|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' father.
(b) Tereus' son.
(d) Tereus' mother.
2. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To light his sky.
(b) To hold his lightning rod.
(c) To flower his earth.
(d) To ride in his chariot.
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A stream.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A black hole.
(d) A gravestone.
5. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She deafens him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She shrinks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
4. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
5. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)