|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She holds her breath until she dies.
(b) She stabs herself through the heart.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She drinks poison.
3. What does Medea instruct Pelias' daughters to do to their father?
(a) Cut off one of their father's toes.
(b) Remove the skin from his body.
(c) Shave off all their father's hair.
(d) Drain him of his blood.
4. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the pool.
(d) In the clouds.
5. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
2. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
3. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
4. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
5. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)