|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His music.
(b) His wife.
(c) His flocks.
(d) His gold.
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(c) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
3. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
4. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To hold his lightning rod.
(b) To ride in his chariot.
(c) To light his sky.
(d) To flower his earth.
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
2. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
3. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
4. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)