|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the pool.
(d) In the clouds.
2. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A swan.
(b) A rat.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cow.
3. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
4. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(a) Winged horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
3. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
4. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)