|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(b) Green vines.
2. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
3. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To flower his earth.
(b) To ride in his chariot.
(c) To hold his lightning rod.
(d) To light his sky.
4. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A fox.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bear.
5. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(c) Sea urchins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
3. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
4. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
5. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)