|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
2. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(b) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(c) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(d) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
3. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A giant.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A centaur.
4. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fox.
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
2. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
3. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
4. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
5. With what is Phaeton killed?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)