|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To hold his lightning rod.
(b) To ride in his chariot.
(c) To flower his earth.
(d) To light his sky.
2. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Humans from gods.
(c) Light from dark.
(d) Land from water.
3. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) A fox.
4. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A magnolia tree.
(b) An olive tree.
(c) A hickory tree.
(d) A laurel tree.
5. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In their same home.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
2. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
3. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
4. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)