|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A shark.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
2. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A flower.
(d) A swan.
3. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
4. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He stabs himself with a sword.
(b) He drinks a vile of poison.
(c) He drowns himself in the sea.
(d) He tears his own heart in two.
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
2. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
4. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
5. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)