|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
2. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Bronze Age.
(b) The Silver Age.
(c) The Iron Age.
(d) The Gold Age.
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She transforms them into rats.
(b) She drowns them in a river.
(c) She turns them to stone.
(d) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
4. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the pool.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the clouds.
5. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To flower his earth.
(b) To ride in his chariot.
(c) To light his sky.
(d) To hold his lightning rod.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
3. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
4. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
5. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)