|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(c) Green vines.
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She blinds him.
(c) She deafens him.
(d) She shrinks him.
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Light from dark.
(c) Land from water.
(d) Humans from gods.
4. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(b) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
(c) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(d) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For killing a water nymph.
(b) For blaspheming her name.
(c) For being good parents.
(d) For stealing crops from the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
4. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
5. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)