|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(c) Green vines.
3. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A flood.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A fire.
(d) A monsoon.
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(a) Sea urchins.
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pyramus kill himself?
2. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
3. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
4. Who is Phaeton's father?
5. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)