|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The ability to prophecy.
(c) The gift of everlasting life.
(d) The ability to love.
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has been unfaithful.
(b) Because she lied about her identity.
(c) Because she rebuked his advances.
(d) Because she has stolen from him.
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Wear your garments loose.
(b) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(c) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(d) Cover your head.
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In the tree branches.
(d) In the water pods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
4. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
5. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)