|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
2. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many ears.
(b) He has many teeth.
(c) He has many eyes.
(d) He has many tongues.
3. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A giant.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A mermaid.
4. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His wife.
(b) His gold.
(c) His flocks.
(d) His music.
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(b) Winged horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
4. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
5. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)