|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She drowns them in a river.
(b) She turns them to stone.
(c) She transforms them into rats.
(d) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
2. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A giant wave.
(b) A lightning bolt.
(c) A sword.
(d) A wild animal.
3. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fox.
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(c) Sea urchins.
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A giant.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) An ogre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
2. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
3. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
4. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)