|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) A giant.
(c) A centaur.
(d) An ogre.
2. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Sea.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Wind.
3. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She deafens him.
(b) She mutes him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She shrinks him.
4. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
(a) A lion.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A bear.
(d) A shark.
5. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(b) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(c) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(d) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
2. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
3. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
4. With what is Phaeton killed?
5. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)