|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
2. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the underworld.
(b) In their same home.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the clouds.
3. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
4. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
2. What is unique about Argus' face?
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
4. How does Pyramus kill himself?
5. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)