|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A hickory tree.
(d) A laurel tree.
2. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
(a) A fire.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) A flood.
3. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she lied about her identity.
(b) Because she has stolen from him.
(c) Because she rebuked his advances.
(d) Because she has been unfaithful.
4. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For being good parents.
(b) For stealing crops from the poor.
(c) For blaspheming her name.
(d) For killing a water nymph.
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The skies.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The gods.
(d) The muses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Argus' face?
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
4. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)