|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A hickory tree.
(d) An olive tree.
2. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
(a) Because their fathers are both murderers.
(b) Because their fathers do not approve of their relationship.
(c) Because Thisbe is dying and Pyramus is the only one that can save her.
(d) Because Pyramus is rich and Thisbe is poor.
3. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Iron Age.
(b) The Silver Age.
(c) The Gold Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
4. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A princess.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A nymph.
5. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
2. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
3. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
4. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
5. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)