|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Land from water.
(c) Light from dark.
(d) Humans from gods.
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(c) Gold plated flowers.
(d) Green vines.
3. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(a) Winged horses.
4. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
5. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Silver Age.
(b) The Iron Age.
(c) The Gold Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
2. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
3. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
5. How does Pyramus kill himself?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)