|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She blinds him.
(c) She deafens him.
(d) She shrinks him.
2. With what is Phaeton killed?
(a) A sword.
(b) A wild animal.
(c) A lightning bolt.
(d) A giant wave.
3. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A hickory tree.
(d) An olive tree.
4. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
5. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The gods.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The muses.
(d) The skies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
2. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
3. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
4. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
5. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)