|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She shrinks him.
(b) She mutes him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She deafens him.
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(b) Green vines.
(c) Gold plated flowers.
3. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The skies.
(b) The gods.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The muses.
4. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(a) His reflection.
5. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
4. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
5. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)