|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
2. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(b) She transforms them into rats.
(c) She turns them to stone.
(d) She drowns them in a river.
3. How does Pyramus kill himself?
(a) He drinks a vile of poison.
(b) He stabs himself with a sword.
(c) He drowns himself in the sea.
(d) He tears his own heart in two.
4. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
5. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Green vines.
(b) Gold plated flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
2. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
3. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
4. What animal does Pyramus think attacked and killed Thisbe?
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)