|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(a) Sea urchins.
3. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
4. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she lied about her identity.
(b) Because she has been unfaithful.
(c) Because she rebuked his advances.
(d) Because she has stolen from him.
5. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Phaeton killed?
2. Who is Phaeton's father?
3. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
4. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
5. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)