|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) A hickory tree.
(c) A laurel tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
2. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
3. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Silver Age.
(b) The Gold Age.
(c) The Iron Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(b) Wear your garments loose.
(c) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(d) Cover your head.
5. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many teeth.
(b) He has many eyes.
(c) He has many ears.
(d) He has many tongues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
2. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
3. Who is Phaeton's father?
4. With what is Phaeton killed?
5. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)