|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She shrinks him.
(b) She mutes him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She deafens him.
2. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A rat.
(b) A flower.
(c) A cow.
(d) A swan.
3. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The muses.
(b) The skies.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The gods.
4. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A magnolia tree.
(b) A hickory tree.
(c) A laurel tree.
(d) An olive tree.
5. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Phaeton killed?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
4. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
5. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)