|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) A fox.
2. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(a) His reflection.
3. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has been unfaithful.
(b) Because she rebuked his advances.
(c) Because she has stolen from him.
(d) Because she lied about her identity.
4. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Heavy air from light air.
(b) Land from water.
(c) Humans from gods.
(d) Light from dark.
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
2. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
3. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
4. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
5. After visiting a man named Lycaon, what disastrous event does Jupiter create to wipe out humanity?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)