|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to love.
(b) The gift of everlasting life.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The ability to prophecy.
2. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Wind.
(b) The Sea.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The Sun.
3. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To hold his lightning rod.
(b) To light his sky.
(c) To flower his earth.
(d) To ride in his chariot.
4. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
2. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
3. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
4. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
5. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)