|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His ability to love.
(b) His speech.
(c) His gender.
(d) His height.
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A princess.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A warrior.
4. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A cow.
(b) A flower.
(c) A swan.
(d) A rat.
5. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Silver Age.
(b) The Iron Age.
(c) The Gold Age.
(d) The Bronze Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
2. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
3. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
4. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
5. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)