|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To hold his lightning rod.
(b) To light his sky.
(c) To ride in his chariot.
(d) To flower his earth.
2. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The gift of everlasting life.
(c) The ability to prophecy.
(d) The ability to love.
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Light from dark.
(b) Humans from gods.
(c) Land from water.
(d) Heavy air from light air.
4. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(b) Green vines.
5. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She blinds him.
(c) She deafens him.
(d) She shrinks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
2. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
5. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)