|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(a) Sea urchins.
2. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Iron Age.
(b) The Bronze Age.
(c) The Silver Age.
(d) The Gold Age.
3. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His flocks.
(b) His gold.
(c) His wife.
(d) His music.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
2. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
3. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
4. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)