|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Wind.
(d) The Sea.
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The skies.
(c) The muses.
(d) The gods.
4. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(c) Green vines.
(d) Gold plated flowers.
5. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A cow.
(b) A swan.
(c) A rat.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
2. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
3. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
4. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
5. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)