|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
(a) To ride in his chariot.
(b) To flower his earth.
(c) To light his sky.
(d) To hold his lightning rod.
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(a) Sea urchins.
3. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
4. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His ability to love.
(b) His height.
(c) His speech.
(d) His gender.
5. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has stolen from him.
(b) Because she has been unfaithful.
(c) Because she lied about her identity.
(d) Because she rebuked his advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
2. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
3. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
4. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)