|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(b) Gold plated flowers.
(c) Green vines.
2. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Iron Age.
(b) The Silver Age.
(c) The Bronze Age.
(d) The Gold Age.
3. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(b) Sea urchins.
4. Who is Phaeton's father?
(a) The Wind.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Sea.
(d) The Moon.
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
2. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
3. What is unique about Argus' face?
4. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
5. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)