|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The gods.
(c) The skies.
(d) The muses.
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
(a) Gold plated flowers.
(b) Green vines.
3. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A hickory tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A laurel tree.
(d) An olive tree.
4. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A princess.
5. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
2. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
3. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
4. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
5. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)