|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(b) Cover your head.
(c) Wear your garments loose.
(d) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
2. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A giant.
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A princess.
5. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many eyes.
(b) He has many ears.
(c) He has many teeth.
(d) He has many tongues.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
2. After Castillo is reunited with her son, what does Jupiter transform the pair into?
3. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
4. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
5. Who is Phaeton's father?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)