|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she lied about her identity.
(b) Because she has been unfaithful.
(c) Because she rebuked his advances.
(d) Because she has stolen from him.
2. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) A hickory tree.
(c) An olive tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
3. In what "age of time" does war begin to break out, but there is still a sense of normality in the daily lives of the people?
(a) The Silver Age.
(b) The Gold Age.
(c) The Bronze Age.
(d) The Iron Age.
4. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A swan.
(b) A rat.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cow.
5. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many eyes.
(b) He has many ears.
(c) He has many tongues.
(d) He has many teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
2. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
3. With what is Phaeton killed?
4. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
5. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)