|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Tiresias | Book 3: Narcissus and Echo | Book 3: Pentheus and Bacchus | Book 4: The Daughters of Minyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A giant.
(d) An ogre.
2. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
3. Which of the following gods creates the four seasons for man?
4. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) A hickory tree.
(c) A magnolia tree.
(d) A laurel tree.
5. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A princess.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Phaeton's father?
2. At the opening of the novel, who or what does Ovid evoke to inspire his writing?
3. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
4. What does Phaeton request from his father to prove the validity of their relationship?
5. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)