Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Perdix | Book 8: Meleager and the Calydonian Boar | Book 8: Althaea and Meleager | Book 8: Achelous and the Nymphs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She holds her breath until she dies.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She drinks poison.
2. Where does Salmacis grab Hermaphrodites, begging the gods to make them as one?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the pool.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the bedroom.
3. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Gold Age.
(b) The Bronze Age.
(c) The Iron Age.
(d) The Silver Age.
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Wear your garments loose.
(b) Cover your head.
(c) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(d) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
2. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
3. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
4. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
5. How does Clytie respond to the Sun's affair with Leucothoe?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)