|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Medea and Aeson | Book 7: Medea and Pelias: Her Flight | Book 7: Theseus | Book 7: Minos, Aeacus, The Plague at Ageina, The Myrmidons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn objects to gold.
(b) The power to turn people to snakes.
(c) The power to turn water to wine.
(d) The power to turn people to stone.
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(b) Sea urchins.
3. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Silver Age.
(b) The Bronze Age.
(c) The Iron Age.
(d) The Gold Age.
4. Who is Venus having an affair with when her husband, Vulcan, discovers them?
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
4. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)