Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Athamas and Ino | Book 4: The Transformation of Cadmus | Book 4: Perseus and Andromeda | Book 5: Perseus' Fight in the Palace of Cepheus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
2. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(c) Winged horses.
3. In Ovid's version of the creation of the earth, what are the first two forces to be separated?
(a) Humans from gods.
(b) Heavy air from light air.
(c) Light from dark.
(d) Land from water.
4. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A princess.
5. In what "age of time" are all the creatures of the earth living harmoniously with one another?
(a) The Iron Age.
(b) The Gold Age.
(c) The Bronze Age.
(d) The Silver Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. With what is the Sun's palace adorned?
3. Why do Pyramus and Thisbe decide to run away from their families?
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. What animal does Juno transform Castillo into?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)