|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For beating a donkey.
(b) For killing his brother.
(c) For raping his wife.
(d) For stealing from Midas.
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She drinks poison.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She holds her breath until she dies.
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(b) She drowns them in a river.
(c) She turns them to stone.
(d) She transforms them into rats.
4. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His ancestral lines.
(b) His battle scars.
(c) His fighting history.
(d) His strong body.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
2. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
3. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
4. When Paris runs away from Troy, what has he stolen?
5. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)