|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through eye blinking.
(b) Through smoke signals.
(c) Through written letters.
(d) Through woven tapestries.
2. How do Aeneas' daughters escape their lives of slavery?
(a) They marry centaurs and live their lives in hiding.
(b) They transform into doves and fly away.
(c) They kill themselves and descend to the underworld.
(d) They slowly transform into marble statues.
3. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
4. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' mother.
(c) Tereus' son.
(d) Tereus' father.
5. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His battle scars.
(b) His ancestral lines.
(c) His fighting history.
(d) His strong body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Ganymede take over when he lives with Jupiter?
2. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
3. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)