|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
2. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A lion.
(c) A fish.
(d) A bird.
3. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
4. What is Cephalus doing when he says he was kidnapped by Aurora?
5. What does Hercules break off of Achelous during their battle?
(a) His nose.
(b) His horn.
(c) His collarbones.
(d) His wings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
3. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
4. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
5. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)