|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
2. What does everything that Midas touches turn into?
3. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the tree branches.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the water pods.
(d) In the underworld.
4. How is Acis killed?
(a) He is smashed by a giant boulder.
(b) He is starved by the nymph Hunger.
(c) He is drowned in a stormy sea.
(d) He is poisoned by a snake bite.
5. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In their same home.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
2. What does Diana sacrifice in the place of Iphigenia?
3. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)