|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many ears.
(b) He has many eyes.
(c) He has many teeth.
(d) He has many tongues.
2. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He soothes her with poetry.
(b) He overpowers her.
(c) He ties her up.
(d) He paints a portrait of her.
3. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A giant.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A centaur.
4. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
5. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A princess.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A swan.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the council award the armor that has been fought over by Ajax and Ulysses?
2. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)