|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals does Thesion transform into to escape Peleus?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lion.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A fish.
2. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What do the gods say that Laomedon must do to his daughter Hesion?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Burn her at the stake.
(c) Drown her.
(d) Sacrifice her.
5. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A lion.
(b) A kangaroo.
(c) A bird.
(d) A whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
2. What is Minos searching for in Athens?
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)