|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peleus eventually tame Thesion?
(a) He paints a portrait of her.
(b) He overpowers her.
(c) He soothes her with poetry.
(d) He ties her up.
2. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A giant.
(d) A centaur.
3. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
4. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A swan.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A princess.
(d) An old woman.
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
2. What part of her father's body does Scylla present to Minos in an act of love?
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
4. How many gods is Chione impregnated by?
5. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)