|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Acis killed?
(a) He is poisoned by a snake bite.
(b) He is starved by the nymph Hunger.
(c) He is drowned in a stormy sea.
(d) He is smashed by a giant boulder.
2. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are mother-daughter.
3. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His gender.
(c) His ability to love.
(d) His speech.
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
2. How does Hecuba exact her revenge upon her son, Polymestor?
3. What type of insect reoccurs in Minos' dreams of the tree?
4. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
5. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)