|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slows down the Greeks as they trek toward Troy to find Paris?
(a) A famine.
(b) A hot desert.
(c) A storm.
(d) A pack of centaurs.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the substances that Aeneas' daughters produce?
3. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She blinds him.
(b) She shrinks him.
(c) She mutes him.
(d) She deafens him.
4. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
5. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(d) Sea urchins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
2. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
3. How does Orpheus attempt to charm his way out of death?
4. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
5. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)