|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caenis request to be turned into when offered a wish from Neptune?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A man.
(c) A tree.
(d) A bird.
2. Why is Peleus exiled from Troy?
(a) For stealing from Midas.
(b) For raping his wife.
(c) For beating a donkey.
(d) For killing his brother.
3. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
4. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the water pods.
(c) In the tree branches.
(d) In the underworld.
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For blaspheming her name.
(b) For killing a water nymph.
(c) For stealing crops from the poor.
(d) For being good parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
2. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
3. What type of nymph is Galatea?
4. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
5. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)