|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 13: The Pilgrimage of Aeneas | Book 13: Acis and Galatea | Book 13: Scylla and Glaucus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
2. What does Bacchus transform the women of Thracian into in response to their actions against Orpheus?
3. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ajax gives when fighting for the armor?
(a) His fighting history.
(b) His strong body.
(c) His ancestral lines.
(d) His battle scars.
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Cover your head.
(b) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(c) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(d) Wear your garments loose.
5. How does Hecuba exact her revenge upon her son, Polymestor?
(a) She sells him to the gypsies.
(b) She gouges out his eyes.
(c) She poisons his stew.
(d) She scalps him while he sleeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
2. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
3. What soldier is Cycnus worried has infuriated the goddess Diana?
4. Which of the following is NOT an argument that Ulysses gives when fighting for the armor?
5. Who has stolen Aeneas' daughters and forced them into slavery?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)