|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A cow.
(b) A flower.
(c) A rat.
(d) A swan.
2. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
3. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(b) Winged horses.
4. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
5. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(c) Sea urchins.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
2. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)