|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She transforms them into rats.
(b) She turns them to stone.
(c) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(d) She drowns them in a river.
2. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His flocks.
(b) His wife.
(c) His gold.
(d) His music.
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
5. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
2. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)