|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A giant.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) An ogre.
3. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(b) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(c) Wear your garments loose.
(d) Cover your head.
4. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the tree branches.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the water pods.
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
3. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
4. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)