|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(b) The dangers of the underworld.
(c) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(d) The glory of the Olympian gods.
3. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A swan.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A princess.
(d) An old woman.
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Cover your head.
(b) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(c) Wear your garments loose.
(d) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
5. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
(a) A rat.
(b) A swan.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
2. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
3. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
4. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
5. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)