|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A giant.
2. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A magnolia tree.
(b) An olive tree.
(c) A laurel tree.
(d) A hickory tree.
3. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the water pods.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the tree branches.
4. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
5. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to prophecy.
(b) The ability to love.
(c) The gift of everlasting life.
(d) The ability to fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
4. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)