|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His ability to love.
(b) His speech.
(c) His gender.
(d) His height.
3. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(c) Winged horses.
4. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(c) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(d) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
5. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(b) Wear your garments loose.
(c) Cover your head.
(d) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
2. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
3. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
4. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
5. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)