|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In their same home.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the woods.
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
3. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Cover your head.
(b) Wear your garments loose.
(c) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(d) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
4. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For killing a water nymph.
(b) For blaspheming her name.
(c) For stealing crops from the poor.
(d) For being good parents.
5. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A hickory tree.
(d) A laurel tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
4. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
5. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)