|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His gold.
(b) His flocks.
(c) His music.
(d) His wife.
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His speech.
(c) His gender.
(d) His ability to love.
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She drinks poison.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She holds her breath until she dies.
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(c) Sea urchins.
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The dangers of the underworld.
(d) The violence of the Olympian gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
2. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
5. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)