|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(c) His reflection.
2. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
3. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(b) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(c) Cover your head.
(d) Wear your garments loose.
4. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(c) Sea urchins.
5. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She transforms them into rats.
(b) She drowns them in a river.
(c) She turns them to stone.
(d) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
3. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
4. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
5. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)