|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(b) Sea urchins.
3. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
4. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She drowns them in a river.
(b) She turns them to stone.
(c) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(d) She transforms them into rats.
5. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(b) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(c) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(d) The dangers of the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
5. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)