|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
2. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
3. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A ladybug.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A spider.
(d) A moth.
4. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
(b) Wear your garments loose.
(c) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(d) Cover your head.
5. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
2. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
3. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
4. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)