|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She holds her breath until she dies.
(b) She stabs herself through the heart.
(c) She drinks poison.
(d) She hangs herself.
3. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
(a) The dangers of the underworld.
(b) The violence of the Olympian gods.
(c) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(d) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
4. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She deafens him.
(b) She shrinks him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She mutes him.
5. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to prophecy.
(b) The ability to love.
(c) The gift of everlasting life.
(d) The ability to fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
3. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
4. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
5. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)