|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(c) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(d) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
3. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His gender.
(c) His speech.
(d) His ability to love.
4. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many teeth.
(b) He has many ears.
(c) He has many tongues.
(d) He has many eyes.
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the tree branches.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the water pods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
2. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
4. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
5. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)