|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A princess.
3. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to love.
(b) The gift of everlasting life.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The ability to prophecy.
4. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many teeth.
(b) He has many tongues.
(c) He has many eyes.
(d) He has many ears.
5. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She holds her breath until she dies.
(c) She stabs herself through the heart.
(d) She drinks poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
5. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)