|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
(a) A magnolia tree.
(b) A hickory tree.
(c) An olive tree.
(d) A laurel tree.
2. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has been unfaithful.
(b) Because she has stolen from him.
(c) Because she lied about her identity.
(d) Because she rebuked his advances.
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A princess.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A nymph.
4. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(b) Winged horses.
5. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She transforms them into rats.
(b) She drowns them in a river.
(c) She turns them to stone.
(d) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
3. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
4. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
5. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)