|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(d) His reflection.
2. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(b) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(c) The dangers of the underworld.
(d) The violence of the Olympian gods.
3. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The ability to prophecy.
(c) The ability to love.
(d) The gift of everlasting life.
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His flocks.
(b) His wife.
(c) His music.
(d) His gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
2. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
3. During the competition, what does Minerva's portrait exemplify?
4. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
5. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)