|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she rebuked his advances.
(b) Because she lied about her identity.
(c) Because she has been unfaithful.
(d) Because she has stolen from him.
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His ability to love.
(c) His gender.
(d) His speech.
3. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
4. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A giant.
(d) A mermaid.
5. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
(c) Sea urchins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
4. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
5. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)