|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
(b) His reflection.
2. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(d) Winged horses.
3. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His speech.
(c) His ability to love.
(d) His gender.
4. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
(a) The beauty of the Athens landscape.
(b) The dangers of the underworld.
(c) The glory of the Olympian gods.
(d) The violence of the Olympian gods.
5. What is the name of the nymph that first falls in love with Narcissus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
2. After Minerva begins to beat her, how does Arachne commit suicide?
3. What are the sailors aboard Acoetes' ship transformed into after their failed attempt to kidnap Bacchus?
4. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
5. What type of tree does Jupiter change Daphne into in order to protect her?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)