|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object do Deucalian and Pyrrah throw to the earth, creating humans?
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(c) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(d) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
3. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many tongues.
(b) He has many eyes.
(c) He has many teeth.
(d) He has many ears.
4. What does Minerva disguise herself as when she visits Arachne?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A princess.
(c) A swan.
(d) An old woman.
5. After Arachne is dead, what type of animal does Minerva transform her body into?
(a) A moth.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A spider.
(d) A cockroach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill do both Arachne and Minerva hold?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
4. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
5. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)