|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Argus' face?
(a) He has many eyes.
(b) He has many teeth.
(c) He has many tongues.
(d) He has many ears.
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His gender.
(b) His speech.
(c) His ability to love.
(d) His height.
3. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In their same home.
(d) In the clouds.
4. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
(a) Winged horses.
5. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(c) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(d) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to Juno's actions against Tiresias, what gift does Jupiter give the old man?
2. What does Jupiter transform Io into in the attempts to quench his wife's suspicion?
3. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
4. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
5. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)