|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Arachne | Book 6: Niobe | Book 6: The Lycian Peasants | Book 6: Marsyas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the tree branches.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the water pods.
2. After Tiresias is struck by a stick, what is changed about him?
(a) His gender.
(b) His speech.
(c) His ability to love.
(d) His height.
3. Which of the following is NOT an explicit instruction from Jupiter on how the re-population of the earth is to happen?
(a) Use your hands to dig to the wet soil of earth.
(b) Wear your garments loose.
(c) Cover your head.
(d) Throw the bones of your mother behind your back.
4. After Juno is so enraged with Tiresias' answer to her question, what does she do to him?
(a) She mutes him.
(b) She shrinks him.
(c) She blinds him.
(d) She deafens him.
5. Who does Cupid's first arrow hit?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the nymphs come to bury Narcissus' body, what is the only thing that they find by the pool of water?
2. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
3. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
4. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
5. During the competition, what does Arachne's portrait exemplify?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)