|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
2. What poisonous object does the beast give to Deianara right before it dies?
(a) A crown.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) An apple.
(d) A cloak.
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the water pods.
(b) In the tree branches.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
2. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
3. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
4. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)