|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
(a) A princess.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
2. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has been unfaithful.
(b) Because she rebuked his advances.
(c) Because she has stolen from him.
(d) Because she lied about her identity.
3. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
5. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through written letters.
(c) Through woven tapestries.
(d) Through eye blinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
2. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
3. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
4. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
5. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)