|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
2. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has been unfaithful.
(b) Because she has stolen from him.
(c) Because she lied about her identity.
(d) Because she rebuked his advances.
3. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
4. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' mother.
(b) Tereus' father.
(c) Tereus' son.
5. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A giant.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A minotaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
2. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
5. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)