|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For killing a water nymph.
(b) For being good parents.
(c) For stealing crops from the poor.
(d) For blaspheming her name.
4. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In their same home.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the clouds.
5. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
2. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
3. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
4. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
5. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)