|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she rebuked his advances.
(b) Because she has stolen from him.
(c) Because she lied about her identity.
(d) Because she has been unfaithful.
2. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(c) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(d) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
3. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He stabs it.
(b) He sets it on fire.
(c) He wrestles it.
(d) He drowns it.
4. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A lion.
(b) A kangaroo.
(c) A bird.
(d) A whale.
5. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
(a) Tereus' father.
(c) Tereus' mother.
(d) Tereus' son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
2. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
3. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
4. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
5. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)