|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His music.
(b) His flocks.
(c) His gold.
(d) His wife.
2. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
3. As Cadmus and his wife mourn Athamas and Ino, what animals are they turned into by their grief?
4. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
(a) A kangaroo.
(b) A bird.
(c) A lion.
(d) A whale.
5. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
(a) Because she has stolen from him.
(b) Because she rebuked his advances.
(c) Because she has been unfaithful.
(d) Because she lied about her identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
2. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
4. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
5. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)