|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juno punish the servants living in Athamas and Ino's house?
(a) She feeds them to poisonous snakes.
(b) She drowns them in a river.
(c) She transforms them into rats.
(d) She turns them to stone.
2. Where do Cadmus and his wife live out the rest of their days after their transformation?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In their same home.
3. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through woven tapestries.
(c) Through eye blinking.
(d) Through written letters.
4. What job does Ganymede take over when he lives with Jupiter?
(b) Stable boy.
5. What is Pronce's relationship to Philomena?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are mother-daughter.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
4. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
5. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)