|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He wrestles it.
(b) He stabs it.
(c) He drowns it.
(d) He sets it on fire.
2. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) A giant.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A centaur.
3. How does Philomena get messages to Pronce after her tongue has been removed?
(a) Through written letters.
(b) Through smoke signals.
(c) Through woven tapestries.
(d) Through eye blinking.
4. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
5. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
2. In her conversation with the raven, what does the crow claim to have been before her transformation?
3. How many years is Tereus married to Procne before he begins to see other women?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life of Philemon and Baucis?
5. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)