|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal attempts to attack Deianara while she is walking through the woods?
(a) A giant.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) A centaur.
2. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(a) Hurtle jumping.
(c) Disc throwing.
(d) Pole vaulting.
3. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In the tree branches.
(d) In the water pods.
4. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For killing a water nymph.
(b) For blaspheming her name.
(c) For being good parents.
(d) For stealing crops from the poor.
5. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(c) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(d) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
2. Which god accidentally kills Hyacinth?
3. What does Pygmalion sculpt his wife out of?
4. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
5. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)