|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juno enlist Tisiphone to do?
(a) Kill all of Athamas and Ino's livestock.
(b) Turn Athamas and Ino mad.
(c) Turn Athamas and Ino blind.
(d) Steal all the riches of Athamas and Ino.
2. Why does Juno become enraged with Athamas and Ino?
(a) For killing a water nymph.
(b) For being good parents.
(c) For stealing crops from the poor.
(d) For blaspheming her name.
3. What sport does Hyacinth excel at?
(b) Pole vaulting.
(c) Hurtle jumping.
(d) Disc throwing.
4. Over what does Achelous find himself in a fight with Hercules?
(a) A fish.
(d) A woman.
5. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
(a) His music.
(b) His flocks.
(c) His gold.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
2. What animal does Jupiter transform himself into when he kidnaps Ganymede?
3. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
4. What is the name of the goddess that threatens Niobe?
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)