|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10: Ganymede | Book 10: Hyacinth | Book 10: Pygmalion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Niobe lose after she refuses to comply with the gods?
2. In hearing of Mercury's affections for Herse, what goddess does Minerva transform herself into?
3. How does Hercules kill the beast that is attacking Deianara in the woods?
(a) He drowns it.
(b) He stabs it.
(c) He wrestles it.
(d) He sets it on fire.
4. What type of beast does Apollo give Cononis' baby to?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A giant.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A mermaid.
5. Where do the furies, including Tisiphone, live?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In the water pods.
(c) In the tree branches.
(d) In the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pronce kill in order to get back at her husband, Tereus?
2. Why does Apollo kill Coronis?
3. Which goddess transforms Pygmalions' wife into a real woman?
4. When Apollo goes missing, what does Mercury steal from him?
5. What animal propels Juno's chariot?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)