|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
2. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A narcissis.
(b) A lotus.
(c) A lily.
(d) A magnolia.
3. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a dinner party.
(b) At a picnic.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a funeral.
4. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's brother.
(b) Perseus' wife.
(c) Perseus' mother.
(d) Andromeda's fiance.
5. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A black hole.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
2. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
3. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
4. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
5. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)