|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) A wave in the sea.
(b) A cloud.
(c) The trunk of a tree.
(d) The shadow of a mountain.
2. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn people to stone.
(b) The power to turn water to wine.
(c) The power to turn objects to gold.
(d) The power to turn people to snakes.
3. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A bear.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A flower.
(d) A tree.
4. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
(c) Clouds from the sky.
(d) Whole mountains.
5. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the elbow.
(c) In the heel.
(d) In the neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
2. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
3. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
4. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
5. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)