|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
2. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A glass bowl.
(c) A boat anchor.
(d) A tree branch.
3. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
4. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A black hole.
(c) A gravestone.
(d) A stream.
5. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
2. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
3. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
4. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
5. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)