|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a dinner party.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a picnic.
2. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) The begin to age more slowly.
(b) They begin to age more quickly.
(c) They begin to grow in girth.
(d) They begin to grow in height.
3. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A lily.
(b) A magnolia.
(c) A lotus.
(d) A narcissis.
4. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A boat anchor.
(d) A glass bowl.
5. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A bear.
(c) A tree.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
2. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
3. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
4. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
5. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)