|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
2. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A glass bowl.
(b) A boulder.
(c) A boat anchor.
(d) A tree branch.
3. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A narcissis.
(b) A magnolia.
(c) A lotus.
(d) A lily.
4. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A black hole.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A stream.
5. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
(a) In the elbow.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the heel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
2. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
3. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
4. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
5. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)