|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
(a) Because Hercules wasn't at the battle.
(b) Because Hercules asked him not to.
(c) Because Hercules would be embarrassed.
(d) Because he hates Hercules.
2. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
3. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A black hole.
(d) A stream.
4. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A lily.
(b) A magnolia.
(c) A lotus.
(d) A narcissis.
5. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Hercules' death?
2. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
3. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
4. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
5. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)