|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A stream.
(b) A gravestone.
(c) A black hole.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a wedding.
(b) At a dinner party.
(c) At a funeral.
(d) At a picnic.
3. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
(a) A narcissis.
(b) A magnolia.
(c) A lily.
(d) A lotus.
4. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bear.
(c) A flower.
(d) A mountain.
5. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn people to stone.
(b) The power to turn people to snakes.
(c) The power to turn water to wine.
(d) The power to turn objects to gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
2. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
3. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
4. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
5. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)