|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) The shadow of a mountain.
(b) A wave in the sea.
(c) The trunk of a tree.
(d) A cloud.
2. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
3. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
4. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn people to stone.
(b) The power to turn people to snakes.
(c) The power to turn objects to gold.
(d) The power to turn water to wine.
5. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to grow in height.
(b) They begin to age more quickly.
(c) The begin to age more slowly.
(d) They begin to grow in girth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
2. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
3. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
4. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
5. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)