|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to grow in girth.
(b) The begin to age more slowly.
(c) They begin to age more quickly.
(d) They begin to grow in height.
2. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
3. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's fiance.
(b) Perseus' wife.
(c) Perseus' mother.
(d) Andromeda's brother.
4. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a picnic.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a dinner party.
5. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
Short Answer Questions
1. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
2. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
3. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
4. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
5. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)