|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) The trunk of a tree.
(b) The shadow of a mountain.
(c) A wave in the sea.
(d) A cloud.
2. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
3. What do the tears of the sea nymph who sees Dis steal Proserpina transform into?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A stream.
(c) A black hole.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
4. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn water to wine.
(b) The power to turn people to stone.
(c) The power to turn people to snakes.
(d) The power to turn objects to gold.
5. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
(a) Because he hates Hercules.
(b) Because Hercules wasn't at the battle.
(c) Because Hercules would be embarrassed.
(d) Because Hercules asked him not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
2. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
3. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
4. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
5. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)