|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A flower.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tree.
2. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
(a) Because Hercules wasn't at the battle.
(b) Because he hates Hercules.
(c) Because Hercules asked him not to.
(d) Because Hercules would be embarrassed.
3. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
4. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
5. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Perseus' mother.
(b) Andromeda's brother.
(c) Perseus' wife.
(d) Andromeda's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
2. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
3. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
4. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
5. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)