|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A bear.
(b) A flower.
(c) A tree.
(d) A mountain.
2. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
3. What power does Medusa's head hold?
(a) The power to turn people to snakes.
(b) The power to turn objects to gold.
(c) The power to turn water to wine.
(d) The power to turn people to stone.
4. Who bursts into Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, causing a disturbance?
(a) Andromeda's brother.
(b) Perseus' wife.
(c) Andromeda's fiance.
(d) Perseus' mother.
5. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
(a) Because Hercules would be embarrassed.
(b) Because Hercules wasn't at the battle.
(c) Because Hercules asked him not to.
(d) Because he hates Hercules.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
2. How many days does Hercules' mother claim to have been in labor when her son was born?
3. With what weapon is Perseus threatened at his wedding?
4. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
5. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)