|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to age more quickly.
(b) They begin to grow in girth.
(c) They begin to grow in height.
(d) The begin to age more slowly.
2. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
3. As punishment for harming a nymph, what is Dyrope slowly transformed into?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bear.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tree.
4. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a picnic.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a dinner party.
(d) At a wedding.
5. Why does Nestor leave Hercules out of his story about the Trojan War?
(a) Because he hates Hercules.
(b) Because Hercules would be embarrassed.
(c) Because Hercules wasn't at the battle.
(d) Because Hercules asked him not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
2. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
3. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
4. What power does Medusa's head hold?
5. What type of flower is Proserpina collecting when Dis first finds her?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)