|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12: Nestor and Hercules | Book 12: The Death of Achilles | Book 13: Ajax and Ulysses and the Arms of Achilles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what continent does Miletus give birth to twins?
2. What does Apollo conceal himself behind when he whispers advice to Paris during the war?
(a) A wave in the sea.
(b) A cloud.
(c) The trunk of a tree.
(d) The shadow of a mountain.
3. How are the sons of Callirhoe altered after Hercules' death?
(a) They begin to age more quickly.
(b) They begin to grow in height.
(c) They begin to grow in girth.
(d) The begin to age more slowly.
4. At what event does a centaur attempt to rape Hippodames?
(a) At a wedding.
(b) At a picnic.
(c) At a funeral.
(d) At a dinner party.
5. What does Theseus smash over Eurytus' head, killing him?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A boat anchor.
(c) A glass bowl.
(d) A tree branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Dyrope pick to give to Hercules when he is born?
2. Which of the following objects is NOT thrown at Caenis by the centaurs in an attempt to kill him?
3. What type of bird are Pierus' daughters transformed into?
4. What power does Medusa's head hold?
5. Where is Achilles struck by an arrow, killing him?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)