|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the greatest demand following the circulation of the rumor in Chapter 2?
2. What high school did Marc Rich attend?
3. What is the chemical number for nickel?
4. What was the name of Marc Rich's father?
5. What did Rich trade with the Cubans in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author write of the atmosphere at Philipp Brothers when Marc Rich began there? How was the market different from today?
2. Describe Ludwig Jesselson. How did he work with clients?
3. What was the purpose of the scam and rumor in Chapter 2? Who was responsible for it?
4. Why was the metal industry centered in London? How does the author describe the power of the industry in Chapter 1?
5. What caused a major change in oil prices in Chapter 6? What was Rich's reaction?
6. What had happened by the evening of the rumor in Chapter 2?
7. What was Marc Rich's school experience like? Where did he attend high school?
8. What was in great demand in Chapter 2? What were the results?
9. When did Rich become the manager of the Madrid office at Philipp Brothers? How was he described in this position?
10. Where did Mark Rich attend college? When and why did he leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marc Rich's school experiences. Where did he attend high school and college? Why did he leave college and when?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrative style of Metal Men: Marc Rich and the 10-billion-dollar Scam. Define and identify the voice, tense, and point of view of the narrative.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the metal trading industry as it was illustrated by the author in the Introduction and Chapter 1 of Metal Men: Marc Rich and the 10-billion-dollar Scam. Where was the industry headquartered? Why?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)