|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the European center for the industrial trading market in the 1980s?
2. Who was the only business associate with whom Marc Rich developed a close relationship that lasted over time?
3. What is the largest city in the German state of Hesse and the fifth-largest city in Germany?
4. Where did Marc Rich attend college?
5. What market did Marc Rich capture in Iran in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had happened by the evening of the rumor in Chapter 2?
2. Why did Marc Rich's family move to the United States? Where did they settle? How was Rich described in school?
3. Under whom did many of the new recruits at Philipp Brothers work? What was this individual like?
4. What rumor spread through the trading world in 1984? Was it confirmed?
5. What was Marc Rich's school experience like? Where did he attend high school?
6. Describe Marc Rich's wedding in Chapter 5. To whom and when did he marry? How was the wedding described?
7. Why was the metal industry centered in London? How does the author describe the power of the industry in Chapter 1?
8. How was Marc Rich described by those who knew him in Chapter 6?
9. What was Rich's objective as head of the Madrid offices? What industry changes affected his goals?
10. What caused a major change in oil prices in Chapter 6? What was Rich's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pincus "Pinky" Green. How did Green and Rich meet? What was their relationship like? In what capacity was Green involved in Marc Rich's company?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the early childhood of Marc Rich. Where was he born? What was his family like? When did the family move to the United States and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the figure of Ludwig Jesselson. What was Jesselson's position at Philipp Brothers? How did Jesselson feel about Marc Rich?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)