|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Vice President of the United States in Chapter 2?
2. The trading community admired Rich because he was able to get around many what that stood in the way of many countries and their corporations?
3. The scam which drove the rumor in Chapter 2 was intended to raise the prices of what?
4. Where was Marc Rich exiled after his legal troubles in the United States?
5. What did Marc Rich begin taking in Chapter 6 to manage his weight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marc Rich's school experience like? Where did he attend high school?
2. What is written of Marc Rich's ambition and determination in Chapter 6? What was admirable about him?
3. Under whom did many of the new recruits at Philipp Brothers work? What was this individual like?
4. How many metals were openly traded? Where did others come from?
5. When did Rich become the manager of the Madrid office at Philipp Brothers? How was he described in this position?
6. What were international trading regulations like in the metal industry during the period in which the book is set?
7. Where was Marc Rich born? What was his father like?
8. How was Marc Rich described by those who knew him in Chapter 6?
9. Describe Marc Rich's wedding in Chapter 5. To whom and when did he marry? How was the wedding described?
10. Why did Marc Rich's family move to the United States? Where did they settle? How was Rich described in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marc Rich's experiences in Cuba. Who had taken control when Rich arrived in Cuba? How did this affect his business and trading practices?
Essay Topic 2
What rumor circulated the trading industry in 1984? What effect did it have on the global economy? Who was responsible for originating the rumor?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Marc Rich choose to headquarter his company in Switzerland? Describe the laws and regulations of the town where Rich opened his corporation.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)