|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chemical number for nickel?
2. What is the name of the Iranian broker with whom Rich fostered a long-term relationship?
3. What were the personalities of the traders related to in Chapter 1?
4. The trading community admired Rich because he was able to get around many what that stood in the way of many countries and their corporations?
5. Under what master mover of the precious metals did many of the new recruits work under the tutelage of at Philipp Brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Rich become the manager of the Madrid office at Philipp Brothers? How was he described in this position?
2. How was Marc Rich described by those who knew him in Chapter 6?
3. Where was Marc Rich born? What was his father like?
4. How great an empire did Marc Rich build? How is he described by the author in Chapter 1?
5. With what company did Philipp Brothers merge in 1960? What was the effect of the merger?
6. What was Marc Rich's school experience like? Where did he attend high school?
7. What was in great demand in Chapter 2? What were the results?
8. How many metals were openly traded? Where did others come from?
9. Why was the metal industry centered in London? How does the author describe the power of the industry in Chapter 1?
10. How does the author describe the industrial trading world of 1984 in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marc Rich's school experiences. Where did he attend high school and college? Why did he leave college and when?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the early childhood of Marc Rich. Where was he born? What was his family like? When did the family move to the United States and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the indictments and charges against Marc Rich and Pincus Green. Who led the prosecution team against Rich? How much money was recovered for the U.S. government? Where are Rich and Green today?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)