|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only business associate with whom Marc Rich developed a close relationship that lasted over time?
2. Where was the Vice President of the United States in Chapter 2?
3. The author writes that in the geographical location of Europe, one could buy a metal for one dollar from a Far Eastern customer and sell it for how much to a North American customer before the day ended?
4. Marc Rich was able to parlay his friendship with the Iranian broker into meaningful associations with whom?
5. What did Rich trade with the Cubans in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mark Rich attend college? When and why did he leave?
2. When did Marc Rich begin daisy chaining with his company in Chapter 15? Who assisted him?
3. What happened to Mark Rich's reputation once it became known he had purchased 20th Century Fox?
4. What was the principle hiring standard that Marc Rich had at his firm?
5. When did Rich become the manager of the Madrid office at Philipp Brothers? How was he described in this position?
6. Describe Marc Rich's wedding in Chapter 5. To whom and when did he marry? How was the wedding described?
7. With what company did Philipp Brothers merge in 1960? What was the effect of the merger?
8. Where did Marc Rich establish his own business in Chapter 8? Why did he choose this locale?
9. What was the principle obstacle Rich faced in his dealings with Iran after the Ayatollah Khomeini took over control? What did Rich do?
10. What was Rich's objective as head of the Madrid offices? What industry changes affected his goals?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marc Rich's early days at Philipp Brothers. From what offices did he work? Who supervised and trained Rich?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Marc Rich's experiences in Cuba. Who had taken control when Rich arrived in Cuba? How did this affect his business and trading practices?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the history of Philipp Brothers trading company. When was the company opened and where? When and how did it expand?
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)