Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surmised to have given the orders to initiate the rumor in Chapter 2?
2. What did Rich trade with the Cubans in Chapter 5?
3. The author describes in Chapter 1 that metal trading was a shadowy world in which huge amounts of money were traded and, to play in that arena, one had to be "extremely smart, stupid or " what?
4. In Chapter 2, a rumor circulated that who had succumbed to a cerebral hemorrhage?
5. What is the name of the Iranian broker with whom Rich fostered a long-term relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Rich's plan for "The Mutiny" in Chapter 6? How did it play out?
2. What did a judge order Rich to pay in fines in Chapter 16? Why?
3. What happened to Robbie Lichtenstern in Chapter 14? How did he die?
4. When did Rich become the manager of the Madrid office at Philipp Brothers? How was he described in this position?
5. How did Rich feel about the reaction of the Board to his dealings with Iran in Chapter 6?
6. When was Marc Rich issued a warrant for arrest? What happened to his business during the legal battles?
7. When did Marc Rich begin daisy chaining with his company in Chapter 15? Who assisted him?
8. How had the Arab oil embargo affected the oil trade in Chapter 15? What illegal activity arose during this time?
9. What was the reaction of the New York offices following the gunpoint incident in Chapter 10? How was Rich connected to the affair?
10. What did Rich decide to invest in for Philipp Brothers in Chapter 6? What was the Board's reaction?
Describe Marc Rich's school experiences. Where did he attend high school and college? Why did he leave college and when?
Describe and discuss the differences in the international trading world when Marc Rich entered it and today. What changes have taken place since the 1950s in metal trading?
Describe Marc Rich's wedding. When was he married and to whom? What was remarked about the wedding of Rich?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)